|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the team wait until the lines were put into place?
(b) Camp Three
(c) South Col
2. What does Lopsang give to Fischer to help him feel better?
3. Who is waiting for Fischer when he reaches the Everest summit because he feels indebted to him?
(b) Doug Hansen
(c) Mike Groom
(d) No one
4. Scott Fischer and who else are the last climbers to come up Hillary Step?
(a) John Krakauer
(b) Andy Harris
(c) Doug Hansen
(d) Beck Weathers
5. Who, besides Harris, is said to be missing at this point of the story?
(b) Beck Weathers
(c) Scott Fischer
(d) Rob Hall
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was supposed to have set up lines along the pathway up to the summit?
2. Which climber is openly scorned and hounded by journalists?
3. The Japanese team was quoted as saying, "Above 8,000 meters is not a place where people can afford ________."
4. Who is assisting Pittman, causing him to fall behind and not be the leader as he was meant to be?
5. Whose flag had Krakauer brought with him to pose with at the summit, although he leaves it in his bag?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Weathers, according to Hutchison's discovery?
2. What does Krakauer notice about the air in Seattle?
3. What does Fischer do with his oxygen tank when he begins to make his descent from the summit?
4. When Hall doesn't tell his group when they will be turning back when they reach the summit, what does Krakauer interpret this to mean?
5. What does Groom say about the tanks of oxygen at the South Summit, even though Harris was mistaken about this fact?
6. What are the physical effects of Weathers' miraculous rescue and recovery from Everest?
7. What items was Krakauer going to take out of his pack when he got to the summit, although he decides not to once he is there?
8. What is the eventual fate of Anatoli Bourkeev?
9. What does Brashears radio into camp as many of the climbers are at Camp Two?
10. What does Krakauer observe about Beidleman?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)