|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expedition also has just reached the top at about 4:00 P.M.?
(a) South African
2. Who gives the injured person in #137 his spare canister of oxygen?
(a) John Krakauer
(c) Neil Beidleman
(d) Anatoli Bourkeev
3. What is Krakauer handed when he arrives in Base Camp, causing him to sit down and realize just what he has been through?
4. Who asks Krakauer to clear the ice from his oxygen equipment in order to make sure it's functioning?
(a) Doug Hansen
(b) Andy Harris
(c) Rob Hall
(d) Beck Weathers
5. Which climber is openly scorned and hounded by journalists?
(a) John Krakauer
(b) Scott Fischer
(d) Sandy Pittman
Short Answer Questions
1. Which climber is found alive as well, although he is missing one of his gloves?
2. Which climber is found to be still breathing, but very near death. much to the surprise of everyone?
3. In what month is Krakauer's article about the trip published in Outside?
4. Whose flag had Krakauer brought with him to pose with at the summit, although he leaves it in his bag?
5. Who insists the team should not leave the camp while Hall is still up on the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krakauer notice about the air in Seattle?
2. What does Groom say about the tanks of oxygen at the South Summit, even though Harris was mistaken about this fact?
3. What is the eventual fate of Anatoli Bourkeev?
4. What does David Brashears note about the team Beidleman has taken into Camp Three?
5. Why does Krakauer move quickly on his way up to Camp Three?
6. What does Fischer do with his oxygen tank when he begins to make his descent from the summit?
7. What does Gau do in violation of his promise?
8. What does Krakauer tell Hutchison to do?
9. What do the Japanese climbers do when they find the bodies of the Indian climbers?
10. When Hall doesn't tell his group when they will be turning back when they reach the summit, what does Krakauer interpret this to mean?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)