|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Northeast Ridge: May 10, 1996 - 28,550 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is critical of the treatment of the Sherpa by Fischer's medical team?
(a) Rob Hall
(b) Scott Fischer
(c) Mike Groom
(d) John Krakauer
2. Who is the one person Krakauer is not able to interview for the article he wrote for the magazine?
(b) David Brashears
(c) Beck Weathers
(d) Martin Adams
3. Doug Hansen and __________ are being led up to the summit by Rob Hall as Krakauer begins his descent.
(b) Yasuko Namba
(c) Andy Harris
(d) Neil Beidleman
4. What is Ang Dorje called by the other climbers in the group?
(a) Sherpa master
(b) Smiling sherpa
(c) Climbing monkey
(d) Climbing sirdar
5. What is the name of Scott Fischer's climbing organization?
(a) Adventure Galore
(b) Mountain Madness
(c) Mountain Explorers
(d) Adventure Consultants
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the jobs Krakauer takes up in order to finance his climbing hobby?
2. What has Krakauer worried when he reaches the summit, so much so that he can not enjoy his time there?
3. After whom is Mount Everest named?
4. Who is thought to be dead at this point of the story, although it is revealed later to not be the case?
5. How many camps are above Base Camp, according to Krakauer's description of the mountain?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)