|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Northeast Ridge: May 10, 1996 - 28,550 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the inexperienced climber that made it to the top of Everest with a guide?
(a) Doug Hansen
(b) Dick Bass
(c) Robert Menis
(d) Richard Mills
2. Who finally goes on to attach the lines that are necessary to allow the climbers up the mountain?
(a) Beck Weathers
(b) Andy Harris
(c) Rob Hall
(d) Neil Beidleman
3. Who does Krakauer ask to turn down his tank of oxygen in order to conserve oxygen?
(a) Rob Hall
(b) Doug Hansen
(c) Mike Groom
(d) Andy Harris
4. What does Krakauer find on a short hike up from Camp Two?
(a) A dead body
(b) A rogue camp
(c) A spare oxygen tank
(d) A kata
5. Which magazine does Krakauer query in order to climb Mount Everest for a story?
(b) The Rock
(c) Mountain Climbing
(d) Field and Stream
Short Answer Questions
1. In what is Base Camp located?
2. What is Krakauer impatient about as he runs out of oxygen?
3. What is Krakauer's reaction to seeing climbers lined up to get to the summit?
4. What is the name of Scott Fischer's climbing organization?
5. Who is the one person Krakauer is not able to interview for the article he wrote for the magazine?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)