|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Northeast Ridge: May 10, 1996 - 28,550 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Icefall is a dangerous area that is laid out in ropes and _____________.
(c) Aluminum ladders
(d) Fishing lines
2. What is the name of the highest camp on Mount Everest?
(a) Camp Three
(b) Camp Five
(c) Camp Four
(d) Camp Two
3. What has NOT left Krukauer feeling drained when he reaches the summit?
(a) Lack of sleep
(b) No water
(d) Thin air
4. Who gives the injured person in #137 his spare canister of oxygen?
(a) John Krakauer
(c) Anatoli Bourkeev
(d) Neil Beidleman
5. How might the conditions at Lobuje be described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What climber actually saved the lives of five other climbers as he tried to ascent to the top of K2?
2. Where does Krakauer plan to go for more oxygen?
3. Who wakes Krakauer and tells him that Harris is not in his tent, shocking Krakauer?
4. What kind of attitude does Fischer have towards mountain climbing?
5. In what year did the Mount Everest tragedy as described in the book take place among the climbers in Rob Hall's and Scott Fischer's teams?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)