|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summit: 1:25 p.m., May 10, 1996 - 29,028 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the jobs Krakauer takes up in order to finance his climbing hobby?
(a) Surveying and geocaching
(b) Fishing and carpentry
(c) Carpentry and writing
(d) Fishing and sailing
2. What does Krakauer find on a short hike up from Camp Two?
(a) A spare oxygen tank
(b) A dead body
(c) A rogue camp
(d) A kata
3. What is the final destination of the first hike of the climbers in Rob Hall's group?
(a) Camp Two
(b) South Col
(c) Camp One
(d) Base Camp
4. Who is in charge of making medical decisions for Fischer's group, although she has no altitude experience?
(a) Sue Mackenzie
(b) Ingrid Hunt
(c) Helen Wilton
(d) John Terrence
5. Who is described as a difficult man who has deceived many people and created enemies on the mountain?
(a) Rob Hall
(b) Scott Fischer
(c) Anatoli Bourkeev
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the large chunks into which the glacier breaks?
2. What kind of attitude does Fischer have towards mountain climbing?
3. Where do the climbers rest for two days after their first acclimatization climb?
4. What is keeping the men in the tent from getting out of their sleeping bags?
5. Who does Fischer actually depend on for financial support for his climbing?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)