|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summit: 1:25 p.m., May 10, 1996 - 29,028 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The route on this first climb is over the Khumbu Glacier which is in the part called ________________.
(a) Glacier Fall
(b) South Col
(c) Western Cwm
(d) Icefall Danger
2. What is the name of John Krakauer's wife?
3. Krakauer believes climbing Everest is not about the adrenaline rush, but it is 'more about ___________."
(b) Making it
(c) Loving struggles
(d) Enduring pain
4. Hall only makes his climbers hike a few miles a day because of the _______________.
(a) Rough terrain
(b) Bad weather
(d) Thin air
5. What does Krakauer develop as he is descending Icefall?
(a) Stiff legs
(b) Blindness in one eye
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the leader of Krakauer's group with which he is climbing in order to write a story for Outside Magazine?
2. "One must have drive, but too much drive will get _____________"
3. Where do the climbers rest for two days after their first acclimatization climb?
4. What doesn't Base Camp have as one of its many luxurious amenities?
5. Who is the retired colonel who enjoys climbing because it gives him a mission in his new civilian life?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)