|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summit: 1:25 p.m., May 10, 1996 - 29,028 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the first known climbers to reach the summit of Mount Everest?
(a) Fischer and Tenzing
(b) Hillary and Tenzing
(c) Hillary and Hall
(d) Tenzing and Waugh
2. What is the name of Rob Hall's climbing organization that leads climbers up to the summit of Mount Everest?
(a) Mountain Madness
(b) Adventure Consultants
(c) Everest Evertons
(d) Mountain Explorers
3. Which team climber falls to the ground when he reaches the summit?
(a) Doug Hansen
(b) Sandy Pittman
(c) Rob Hall
(d) Joe Fischer
4. What does Krakauer find on a short hike up from Camp Two?
(a) A dead body
(b) A rogue camp
(c) A spare oxygen tank
(d) A kata
5. Who does Fischer actually depend on for financial support for his climbing?
(a) His partner
(b) His parents
(c) His brother
(d) His wife
Short Answer Questions
1. In what is Base Camp located?
2. Who is the overachieving doctor, one who is actually hooked on climbing for its real challenges?
3. How many camps are above Base Camp, according to Krakauer's description of the mountain?
4. In what year did the Mount Everest tragedy as described in the book take place among the climbers in Rob Hall's and Scott Fischer's teams?
5. Who looked to be the strongest, but is worn out by the quick pace at the start?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)