|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lhotse Face: April 29, 1996 - 23,400 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the retired colonel who enjoys climbing because it gives him a mission in his new civilian life?
(a) John Taske
(b) Andy Harris
(c) Doug Hansen
(d) Beck Weathers
2. Who does Krakauer see climbing up to the summit and who appears as looking beat?
(a) Rob Hall
(b) Doug Hansen
(c) Andy Harris
(d) Scott Fischer
3. What is the cruising altitude of the plane that makes Krakauer realize how absurd it seems to climb that distance as it is so close to Everest's summit measurement?
(a) 50,000 feet
(b) 20,000 feet
(c) 35,000 feet
(d) 30,000 feet
4. In 1852, who takes a complete survey of India in order to find out more about this land that is their colony now?
5. What is keeping the men in the tent from getting out of their sleeping bags?
(a) Lack of water
(c) Snow piles
(d) The cold
Short Answer Questions
1. Which team on the mountain is sponsored by a newspaper?
2. Where do the climbers rest for two days after their first acclimatization climb?
3. Who is described as being from New Zealand, having a full beard, and being gregarious and funny?
4. Who gives a call to Groom, telling him to call off the climb?
5. While at the summit, Krakauer takes photos of ___________ and Andy Harris.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)