|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lhotse Face: April 29, 1996 - 23,400 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mount Everest's first official name?
(a) Peak XV
(b) Mountain X
(c) Mountain XV
(d) Peak X
2. Which magazine does Krakauer query in order to climb Mount Everest for a story?
(b) The Rock
(c) Field and Stream
(d) Mountain Climbing
3. Where does Krakauer plan to go for more oxygen?
(a) Camp Three
(b) South Summit
(c) Base Camp
(d) Camp Two
4. Harris and his wife helped run a clinic at __________ which is on the way to Base Camp.
5. Who is the leader of Krakauer's group with which he is climbing in order to write a story for Outside Magazine?
(a) Scott Fischer
(b) Rob Hall
(c) Anatoli Bourkeev
(d) Andy Harris
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of making medical decisions for Fischer's group, although she has no altitude experience?
2. What did Fischer climb Everest without in order to attract attention to his climbing skills and services?
3. How many camps are above Base Camp, according to Krakauer's description of the mountain?
4. What is the answer to #93's other main role for Fischer's group?
5. What does Krakauer develop as he is descending Icefall?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)