|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lhotse Face: April 29, 1996 - 23,400 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of making medical decisions for Fischer's group, although she has no altitude experience?
(a) John Terrence
(b) Sue Mackenzie
(c) Helen Wilton
(d) Ingrid Hunt
2. What was the nationality of the two climbers who are thought to have reached the summit first, although they never returned to camp?
3. Which magazine does Krakauer query in order to climb Mount Everest for a story?
(a) Mountain Climbing
(b) The Rock
(d) Field and Stream
4. Who is the Surveyor General of India that names the peak Mount Everest?
(a) Sir Phineas Fogg
(b) Sir Edmund Hillary
(c) Sir Andrew Waugh
(d) Sir Edward Willings
5. What is the name of the part on the climb where the glacier fractures into large chunks?
(b) Western Col
(c) Glacier Freeze
(d) Moving Meadow
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1852, who takes a complete survey of India in order to find out more about this land that is their colony now?
2. Who meets Krakauer at the airport when he lands in India for his climbing journey?
3. In what is Base Camp located?
4. How many times has Fischer climbed Mount Everest?
5. What does Krakauer notice about the Sherpas' culture when they arrive in Namche?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)