|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Lhotse Face: April 29, 1996 - 23,400 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krakauer develop as he is descending Icefall?
(b) Blindness in one eye
(c) Stiff legs
2. Who is Krakauer impressed with in his group because he keeps up a steady pace?
(a) Doug Hansen
(b) John Taske
(c) Rob Hall
(d) Frank Fischbeck
3. The climbers on Everest do not _____________ for safety, which is different from other climbs Krakauer has done.
(a) Use safety clips
(b) Carry extra rope
(c) Rope themselves together
(d) Use rope nets
4. What is the cruising altitude of the plane that makes Krakauer realize how absurd it seems to climb that distance as it is so close to Everest's summit measurement?
(a) 20,000 feet
(b) 30,000 feet
(c) 35,000 feet
(d) 50,000 feet
5. Which team on the mountain is sponsored by a newspaper?
(a) Scott Fischer's
(b) Rob Hall's
(c) South African
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives a call to Groom, telling him to call off the climb?
2. Where does Krakauer plan to go for more oxygen?
3. What is Harris' wife's occupation?
4. Who is suspected to have frostbite and a frozen larynx?
5. What is on the trail that slows down the hikers as they move along the glacier?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)