|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Camp One: April 16, 1996 - 19,500 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What climber actually saved the lives of five other climbers as he tried to ascent to the top of K2?
(a) Scott Fischer
(c) Rob Hall
(d) Anatoli Bourkeev
2. Who meets Krakauer at the airport when he lands in India for his climbing journey?
(a) Andy Harris
(b) Anatoli Bourkeev
(c) Scott Fischer
(d) Rob Hall
3. What does Krakauer develop as he is descending Icefall?
(a) Stiff legs
(b) Blindness in one eye
4. Sherpas that have reached the summit are highly _________ in the community in which they live.
5. Where is Hall's group first flying to by helicopter before they begin their climb up the mountain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the climbers who find Wilson's body bury him?
2. Where does Krakauer land when he arrives in Nepal?
3. What are the jobs Krakauer takes up in order to finance his climbing hobby?
4. Who is the inexperienced climber that made it to the top of Everest with a guide?
5. Who does Fischer actually depend on for financial support for his climbing?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)