|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Camp One: April 16, 1996 - 19,500 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sherpas that have reached the summit are highly _________ in the community in which they live.
2. What is the cruising altitude of the plane that makes Krakauer realize how absurd it seems to climb that distance as it is so close to Everest's summit measurement?
(a) 30,000 feet
(b) 50,000 feet
(c) 20,000 feet
(d) 35,000 feet
3. How might the conditions at Lobuje be described?
4. The Icefall is a dangerous area that is laid out in ropes and _____________.
(c) Aluminum ladders
(d) Fishing lines
5. What does Krakauer notice in the sky after taking pictures? This is something that he had not noticed before.
(b) Cloud formation
(d) Rain patterns
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the brain damage in the Sherpa?
2. What was Mount Everest's first official name?
3. Who does Krakauer ask to turn down his oxygen tank because he wants to conserve his oxygen as he waits for other climbers?
4. How many times has Fischer climbed Mount Everest?
5. What are the jobs Krakauer takes up in order to finance his climbing hobby?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)