|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Camp One: April 16, 1996 - 19,500 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who looked to be the strongest, but is worn out by the quick pace at the start?
(a) John Taske
(b) Frank Fischbeck
(c) Stuart Hutchison
(d) Doug Hansen
2. Who does Krakauer ask to turn down his oxygen tank because he wants to conserve his oxygen as he waits for other climbers?
(a) Scott Fischer
(b) Rob Hall
(c) Andy Harris
(d) David Brashears
3. What are the jobs Krakauer takes up in order to finance his climbing hobby?
(a) Fishing and carpentry
(b) Surveying and geocaching
(c) Carpentry and writing
(d) Fishing and sailing
4. What doesn't Base Camp have as one of its many luxurious amenities?
(a) Hot water
(c) Hot tubs
(d) Satellite phone
5. What is on the trail that slows down the hikers as they move along the glacier?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as being from New Zealand, having a full beard, and being gregarious and funny?
2. What is Andy Harris' wife's name, as Krakauer finds out from hiking with him?
3. How many continents' highest points did Rob Hall climb in a period of seven months once?
4. What does Krakauer notice about the Sherpas' culture when they arrive in Namche?
5. Who is the doctor for Fischer's group?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)