|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Camp One: April 16, 1996 - 19,500 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Krakauer land when he arrives in Nepal?
2. Doug Hansen and __________ are being led up to the summit by Rob Hall as Krakauer begins his descent.
(a) Yasuko Namba
(c) Neil Beidleman
(d) Andy Harris
3. What is the name of Scott Fischer's climbing organization?
(a) Adventure Galore
(b) Adventure Consultants
(c) Mountain Explorers
(d) Mountain Madness
4. Who meets Krakauer at the airport when he lands in India for his climbing journey?
(a) Scott Fischer
(b) Anatoli Bourkeev
(c) Andy Harris
(d) Rob Hall
5. What is the name of the part on the climb where the glacier fractures into large chunks?
(a) Glacier Freeze
(b) Moving Meadow
(d) Western Col
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the acronym for the illness Topche comes down with?
2. What was the nationality of the two climbers who are thought to have reached the summit first, although they never returned to camp?
3. Who were the first known climbers to reach the summit of Mount Everest?
4. Who does Krakauer help when they reach Camp One?
5. Who is the doctor for Fischer's group?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)