|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Phakding: March 31, 1996 - 9,186 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the jobs Krakauer takes up in order to finance his climbing hobby?
(a) Carpentry and writing
(b) Fishing and sailing
(c) Fishing and carpentry
(d) Surveying and geocaching
2. Where is Hall's group first flying to by helicopter before they begin their climb up the mountain?
3. What is Harris' wife's occupation?
4. What did Willi Unsoeld, a man from Krakauer's hometown, do that inspired Krakauer to climb?
(a) Climb Mount Everest by the West Ridge route
(b) Climb Mount Everest by the Nepal entrance
(c) Climb Everest without oxygen
(d) Climg Mount Everest without a guide
5. Who meets Krakauer at the airport when he lands in India for his climbing journey?
(a) Andy Harris
(b) Rob Hall
(c) Scott Fischer
(d) Anatoli Bourkeev
Short Answer Questions
1. Sherpas make up ______ of all deaths on Mount Everest, according to Krakauer.
2. Who are the main guides of Nepal that help the climbers with their goals of reaching the summit?
3. Who does Krakauer see climbing up to the summit and who appears as looking beat?
4. What is affecting Krukauer's ability to think clearly while at the summit of Mount Everest?
5. What does Krakauer notice about the Sherpas' culture when they arrive in Namche?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)