|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Phakding: March 31, 1996 - 9,186 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carries most of the gear for the climbers as they continue their hike up the mountain?
(a) John Krakauer
(b) Rob Hall
(c) Doug Hansen
2. What does Krakauer notice in the sky after taking pictures? This is something that he had not noticed before.
(b) Rain patterns
(c) Cloud formation
3. From what country is the answer to #27?
(b) New Zealand
(d) United States
4. What is Andy Harris' wife's name, as Krakauer finds out from hiking with him?
(a) Maddie Lane
(b) Fiona Stevenson
(c) Lola Harris
(d) Mary Richardson
5. What is on the trail that slows down the hikers as they move along the glacier?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name for the silk scarf that the Buddhist lama ties around the necks of the climbers before their ascent?
2. What is Harris' wife's occupation?
3. What was Mount Everest's first official name?
4. Who is the Surveyor General of India that names the peak Mount Everest?
5. While at the summit, Krakauer takes photos of ___________ and Andy Harris.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)