|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Phakding: March 31, 1996 - 9,186 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the trail that slows down the hikers as they move along the glacier?
2. What is Andy Harris' wife's name, as Krakauer finds out from hiking with him?
(a) Mary Richardson
(b) Fiona Stevenson
(c) Lola Harris
(d) Maddie Lane
3. Harris and his wife helped run a clinic at __________ which is on the way to Base Camp.
4. What does Krakauer says deepens when he hears that an inexperienced climber makes it to the top of Everest?
5. What is the cruising altitude of the plane that makes Krakauer realize how absurd it seems to climb that distance as it is so close to Everest's summit measurement?
(a) 35,000 feet
(b) 20,000 feet
(c) 50,000 feet
(d) 30,000 feet
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Krakauer plan to go for more oxygen?
2. Hall only makes his climbers hike a few miles a day because of the _______________.
3. What is affecting Krukauer's ability to think clearly while at the summit of Mount Everest?
4. Who is the inexperienced climber that made it to the top of Everest with a guide?
5. Who is the Surveyor General of India that names the peak Mount Everest?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)