|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through South Col: 7:30 a.m., May 11, 1996 - 26,000 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the retired colonel who enjoys climbing because it gives him a mission in his new civilian life?
(a) Andy Harris
(b) Doug Hansen
(c) Beck Weathers
(d) John Taske
2. Who is the quiet Australian that is the third guide in Rob Hall's group that is climbing to the summit?
(a) Mike Groom
(b) Jeremy Stillwater
(c) David Brashears
(d) Matthew Good
3. What kind of attitude does Fischer have towards mountain climbing?
(a) Full speed ahead
(b) Zen and serene
(c) Don't take chances
(d) Highly organized and efficient
4. Who is NOT one of the climbers that decides to turn back when they realize they will reach the summit later than they should?
(a) Lou Kasischke
(b) John Taske
(c) Stuart Hutchison
(d) Doug Hansen
5. Which team climber falls to the ground when he reaches the summit?
(a) Joe Fischer
(b) Doug Hansen
(c) Rob Hall
(d) Sandy Pittman
Short Answer Questions
1. Which climbers were found ill, but alive, although no one stopped to help them?
2. How might the conditions at Lobuje be described?
3. What climber actually saved the lives of five other climbers as he tried to ascent to the top of K2?
4. What is the acronym for the illness Topche comes down with?
5. Who is in charge of making medical decisions for Fischer's group, although she has no altitude experience?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)