|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through South Col: 7:30 a.m., May 11, 1996 - 26,000 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the answer to #93's other main role for Fischer's group?
(b) Base Camp Manager
(c) End Climber
(d) Rope Expert
2. What is the acronym for the illness Topche comes down with?
3. What is the name of Scott Fischer's climbing organization?
(a) Adventure Galore
(b) Mountain Explorers
(c) Adventure Consultants
(d) Mountain Madness
4. What is keeping the men in the tent from getting out of their sleeping bags?
(a) The cold
(b) Snow piles
(c) Lack of water
5. Where does Krakauer land when he arrives in Nepal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led an effort to clean up Base Camp when it was dirty in the 70's and 80's?
2. Who is the quiet Australian that is the third guide in Rob Hall's group that is climbing to the summit?
3. Who stays behind and doesn't climb with the group on this particular day?
4. After whom is Mount Everest named?
5. Who asks Krakauer to clear the ice from his oxygen equipment in order to make sure it's functioning?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)