|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Camp One: April 13, 1996 - 19,500 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the climbers who find Wilson's body bury him?
(a) A crevasse
(b) They don't
2. Who sneaks into Tibet and makes it up to 21,000 feet where he finds a cache of supplies, but dies anyway?
3. What climber actually saved the lives of five other climbers as he tried to ascent to the top of K2?
(a) Rob Hall
(c) Scott Fischer
(d) Anatoli Bourkeev
4. Who were the first known climbers to reach the summit of Mount Everest?
(a) Hillary and Hall
(b) Fischer and Tenzing
(c) Tenzing and Waugh
(d) Hillary and Tenzing
5. Who is described as a difficult man who has deceived many people and created enemies on the mountain?
(b) Scott Fischer
(c) Anatoli Bourkeev
(d) Rob Hall
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Rob Hall's climbing organization that leads climbers up to the summit of Mount Everest?
2. What does Krakauer notice about the Sherpas' culture when they arrive in Namche?
3. Sherpas that have reached the summit are highly _________ in the community in which they live.
4. Who is the Surveyor General of India that names the peak Mount Everest?
5. What is the final destination of the first hike of the climbers in Rob Hall's group?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)