|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Camp One: April 13, 1996 - 19,500 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sneaks into Tibet and makes it up to 21,000 feet where he finds a cache of supplies, but dies anyway?
2. Which magazine does Krakauer query in order to climb Mount Everest for a story?
(a) Mountain Climbing
(b) The Rock
(c) Field and Stream
3. Sherpas make up ______ of all deaths on Mount Everest, according to Krakauer.
(a) One third
(c) Three quarters
(d) One half
4. What is Andy Harris' wife's name, as Krakauer finds out from hiking with him?
(a) Lola Harris
(b) Maddie Lane
(c) Mary Richardson
(d) Fiona Stevenson
5. Harris and his wife helped run a clinic at __________ which is on the way to Base Camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the inexperienced climber that made it to the top of Everest with a guide?
2. Krakauer considers himself to be _____ to think he has what it takes to climb Everest.
3. Who led an effort to clean up Base Camp when it was dirty in the 70's and 80's?
4. Who are the main guides of Nepal that help the climbers with their goals of reaching the summit?
5. What did Willi Unsoeld, a man from Krakauer's hometown, do that inspired Krakauer to climb?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)