|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Southeast Ridge: May 10, 1996 - 27,600 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is NOT one of the climbers that decides to turn back when they realize they will reach the summit later than they should?
(a) Lou Kasischke
(b) Stuart Hutchison
(c) Doug Hansen
(d) John Taske
2. What doesn't Base Camp have as one of its many luxurious amenities?
(a) Hot water
(c) Hot tubs
(d) Satellite phone
3. What is the final destination of the first hike of the climbers in Rob Hall's group?
(a) South Col
(b) Base Camp
(c) Camp Two
(d) Camp One
4. Who stays behind and doesn't climb with the group on this particular day?
(a) David Brashears
(b) Doug Hansen
(c) John Krakauer
(d) Andy Harris
5. How many continents' highest points did Rob Hall climb in a period of seven months once?
Short Answer Questions
1. Krakauer believes climbing Everest is not about the adrenaline rush, but it is 'more about ___________."
2. Who led an effort to clean up Base Camp when it was dirty in the 70's and 80's?
3. Who finally goes on to attach the lines that are necessary to allow the climbers up the mountain?
4. What is Ang Dorje called by the other climbers in the group?
5. "One must have drive, but too much drive will get _____________"
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)