|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Southeast Ridge: May 10, 1996 - 27,600 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the doctor for Fischer's group?
(a) Helen Wilton
(b) Ingrid Hunt
(c) Doug Hansen
(d) Caroline Mackenzie
2. Who is the Base Camp manager for the group?
(a) David Brashears
(b) Sue Sparks
(c) Maxwell Huntington
(d) Helen Wilton
3. Where is Hall's group first flying to by helicopter before they begin their climb up the mountain?
4. How many continents' highest points did Rob Hall climb in a period of seven months once?
5. What is Ang Dorje called by the other climbers in the group?
(a) Climbing monkey
(b) Climbing sirdar
(c) Sherpa master
(d) Smiling sherpa
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times has Fischer climbed Mount Everest?
2. What is the final destination of the first hike of the climbers in Rob Hall's group?
3. Who was supposed to have set up lines along the pathway up to the summit?
4. Who is NOT one of the climbers that decides to turn back when they realize they will reach the summit later than they should?
5. What is the cruising altitude of the plane that makes Krakauer realize how absurd it seems to climb that distance as it is so close to Everest's summit measurement?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)