|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Southeast Ridge: May 10, 1996 - 27,600 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Rob Hall's climbing organization that leads climbers up to the summit of Mount Everest?
(a) Mountain Explorers
(b) Adventure Consultants
(c) Mountain Madness
(d) Everest Evertons
2. Who is the doctor for Fischer's group?
(a) Caroline Mackenzie
(b) Doug Hansen
(c) Helen Wilton
(d) Ingrid Hunt
3. What kind of attitude does Fischer have towards mountain climbing?
(a) Zen and serene
(b) Don't take chances
(c) Highly organized and efficient
(d) Full speed ahead
4. What is the only treatment for the illness mentioned in #91?
(b) Dangerous medications
(c) Decend to lower altitude
5. Who is the overachieving doctor, one who is actually hooked on climbing for its real challenges?
(a) John Taske
(b) Beck Weathers
(c) Doug Hansen
(d) Andy Harris
Short Answer Questions
1. In what is Base Camp located?
2. Who finally goes on to attach the lines that are necessary to allow the climbers up the mountain?
3. What does Krakauer find on a short hike up from Camp Two?
4. Who does Krakauer help when they reach Camp One?
5. Where do the climbers rest for two days after their first acclimatization climb?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)