|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Southeast Ridge: May 10, 1996 - 27,600 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the climbers rest for two days after their first acclimatization climb?
(a) Camp Two
(b) Base Camp
(d) Camp One
2. Who stays behind and doesn't climb with the group on this particular day?
(a) Andy Harris
(b) John Krakauer
(c) Doug Hansen
(d) David Brashears
3. Where does Krakauer land when he arrives in Nepal?
4. What is the name of Rob Hall's climbing organization that leads climbers up to the summit of Mount Everest?
(a) Adventure Consultants
(b) Mountain Explorers
(c) Everest Evertons
(d) Mountain Madness
5. Krakauer believes climbing Everest is not about the adrenaline rush, but it is 'more about ___________."
(b) Enduring pain
(c) Loving struggles
(d) Making it
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final destination of the first hike of the climbers in Rob Hall's group?
2. What does Krakauer help the Sherpas chop ice for when they get back to camp?
3. What is the name of Scott Fischer's climbing organization?
4. Who led an effort to clean up Base Camp when it was dirty in the 70's and 80's?
5. How many continents' highest points did Rob Hall climb in a period of seven months once?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)