|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summit: 3:40 p.m., May 10, 1996 - 29,028 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bourkeev do that necessitated that Fischer descend to help a client?
(a) Climbed ahead of the group
(b) Sleep in
(c) Got ill
(d) Ignored instructions
2. What quality is Krakauer impressed with as the answer to #110 comes down the mountain?
(a) His strength
(b) His speed
(c) His determination
(d) His discipline
3. What is the name of the highest camp on Mount Everest?
(a) Camp Four
(b) Camp Two
(c) Camp Five
(d) Camp Three
4. Who continues to wait for Hansen at the summit because he wants to make sure someone else arrives?
(a) Stuart Hutchison
(b) Scott Fischer
(c) No one
(d) Rob Hall
5. The Icefall is a dangerous area that is laid out in ropes and _____________.
(b) Fishing lines
(d) Aluminum ladders
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the part on the climb where the glacier fractures into large chunks?
2. What does Krakauer develop as he is descending Icefall?
3. Who radios in that he is very tired when he is at the summit, then complains about how he doesn't feel well?
4. Who is Krakauer impressed with in his group because he keeps up a steady pace?
5. How many camps are above Base Camp, according to Krakauer's description of the mountain?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)