|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summit: 3:40 p.m., May 10, 1996 - 29,028 Feet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who nearly collapses at the top of the Hillary Step when climbing on Mount Everest?
(a) Scott Fischer
(b) Rob Hall
(c) Doug Hansen
(d) No one
2. What is the name of the large chunks into which the glacier breaks?
3. What do some of the climbers unpack when they are getting ready for their first acclimatization climb, much to Krakauer's alarm?
(a) Fingerless gloves
(b) Thin jackets
(c) White gear
(d) New boots
4. Hall says it's actually easy to get up the mountain, "The trick is get down _________."
(a) In one piece
(c) Without falling
(d) In time
5. Who is coming down the mountain after traveling from sea level to the top of Everest?
(a) Julian Methers
(b) Kenneth Krupp
(c) Thomas Rightbody
(d) Goran Kropp
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Fischer when he reaches the Everest summit because he feels indebted to him?
2. What does Krakauer develop as he is descending Icefall?
3. What does Lopsang give to Fischer to help him feel better?
4. Who removes his mask and does not use it as they begin their descent?
5. What kind of role does Krakauer think Bourkeev sees himself as one of the guides?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)