|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the dog trained to attack people in the genital areas in Treblinka?
2. In what year did Pope Pius XI raise serious concerns about the Nazi's educational reforms and to some extent the subject of racism and "neo-paganism" of National Socialism?
3. What camp survivor worked at a US hotel and was remarried to a German woman after the war?
(a) Zhelo Bloch.
(b) Karel Unger.
(c) Joe Siedlecki.
(d) Berek Rojzman.
4. What is the name of the Polish diplomat who wrote a book about Pope Pius XII, entitled "Pius XII a Polski 1939-1949?"
5. Treblinka was "obliterated" by the Germans in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the diagram for Treblinka there are labels for three camps, death, living and ____?
2. To whom did the Polish Ambassador personally hand a letter about the Jewish genocide for the Pope on December 21, 1942?
3. Shortly after Stangl's wife found him in a prison in Bad Ischl, he was transferred to a huge camp where?
4. In what year did the Vatican begin publication of the volumes containing a variety of documents related to events occurring between 1939 and 1945?
5. What Polish Jew and his family were shipped to Treblinka in November 1942, and within the hour all of his family was killed except him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Stangl come in contact with Tchechia?
2. The author broke up conversations with Stangl into two parts, so what did she do in this interim time and how long was it?
3. Who was Franciszek Zabecki?
4. How did the author describe Richard Glazar and his family when she visited his home in 1972?
5. How did Hubert Pfoch manage to get pictures of Treblinka transports later used as evidence in the trial of ten guards?
6. Why was Pope Pius XI concerned about National Socialism?
7. What was the Lazarett at Treblinka?
8. How did Horst Munzberger try to help his father during his trial?
9. How did Stangl describe his arrival at Treblinka?
10. Who was Dr Dollmann?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)