|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forty men were assigned to Treblinka but only how many worked there at a time?
2. Stangl described what when he first traveled to Treblinka, his new assignment with an SS driver?
(a) The workers.
(b) The fires.
(c) The village.
(d) The smell.
3. What camp survivor lives in Switzerland in a farmhouse with his family, according to the author?
4. According to the author, who tells her the most information about Stangl and his family's life the two years following the end of the war?
(a) Renate Stangl.
(b) Tchechia Mendel.
(c) Helene Eidenbock.
(d) Frau Stangl.
5. What was the age of the oldest child sharing the railway station at Treblinka with Pan Zabecki and his family?
Short Answer Questions
1. A boy named Edek arrived in Treblinka at the age of fourteen and was allowed to live and entertain the camp with his one possession, which was what?
2. A trial for ten former Treblinka guards was held in Dusseldorf in what year?
3. The deportation of Roman Jews occurred when according to the author?
4. According to the author, what was the name of the Bishop in Rome who assisted Stangl with his papers and escape?
5. In October of 1942 who formed a war crimes commission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Glazar describe the Nazi death camps as the "perfect machine?"
2. How did Otto Horn describe Gustav Munzberger's job at Treblinka?
3. What was ironic to Glazar and Unger about Mannheim?
4. The author broke up conversations with Stangl into two parts, so what did she do in this interim time and how long was it?
5. Who was Father Burckhardt Schneider?
6. How did Stangl respond upon the author's return in June and who did the author bring with her this time?
7. How did Hubert Pfoch manage to get pictures of Treblinka transports later used as evidence in the trial of ten guards?
8. How did Stangl describe his arrival at Treblinka?
9. How did Rome figure in Stangl's escape to another country?
10. Why did Stangl's wife make a weekly six hour round trip by train between Wels and Glasenbach?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)