|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far was Chelm from Sobibor?
(a) 25 km.
(b) 10 km.
(c) 30 km.
(d) 50 km.
2. In what year was the Chelmno extermination camp set up?
3. Stangl was born in a small town in Austria on March 26th in what year?
4. Who asked Hartl to write an opinion on whether the Church would oppose the German State euthanising the incurably insane?
5. What was the first name of Stangl's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Stangl think the Jews were exterminated?
2. Who chaired the Wannsee Conference in January 1942 that officially approved of the extermination program?
3. In October 1941 Stangl was sent to "clean up" what Euthanasia institute?
4. After cleaning up the mess at a Euthanasia institute Stangl reported to T4 for new orders and chose to go to Lublin where he reported to what SS officer?
5. With the T4 assignment Stangl was promoted to what police officer rank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Brack in relation to T4 and Stangl?
2. What did the author mention about Hitler's new Europe from "Mein Kampf?"
3. What was Albert Hartl's experience while riding with Colonel Blobel?
4. How did Stangl's family come to stay in Chelm for a period of time while he was working at Sobibor?
5. Why did Stangl feel betrayed by testimony at his trial from Stanislaw Szmajzner?
6. What was Hitler's speech about, as detailed in the fist chapter of Part Two of the book?
7. What body officially approved the four extermination camps and what was the name of each camp?
8. How did Professor Mayer end up writing the opinion about Catholic Church opposition to euthanasia?
9. What events occurred in Stangl's life after he became a policeman, but just before the Nazis invaded his homeland?
10. Why did Stangl stop in Chelm before going on to Sobibor?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)