|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who signed the travel documents for Stangl's wife and kids to travel home from living near Sobibor?
2. What was the name of the priest in charge of the Catholic section of the Reich Church Ministry?
(a) Graf Galen.
(b) Father Mario.
(c) Josef Roth.
(d) Father Schneider.
3. Who originally conceived the Madagascar Plan in 1937 to relocate Jews?
(a) The French.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Austrians.
(d) The Poles.
4. Another man closely connected with the Euthanasia Programme, Albert Hartl was a priest for how many years before joining the SS?
5. Stangl was assigned to the Sobibor death camp by Globocnik, and when he arrived he found how many wooden buildings?
Short Answer Questions
1. All of these were within a 200 hundred mile radius of where?
2. Who directed the extermination of the Jews at the four death camps?
3. The author shared input from what two men about Stangl's conversation with Globocnik on the bench?
4. Between 1941 and 1944 it is estimated the Nazis killed how many Russian civilians in the first steps of their genocide of "inferior races" plans?
5. Otto Horn was a professional nurse from eastern Germany who joined the Nazi Party for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Stangl feel betrayed by testimony at his trial from Stanislaw Szmajzner?
2. Who was Franz Reichleitner whom Stangl saw upon arrival at Schloss Hartheim?
3. What events occurred in Stangl's life after he became a policeman, but just before the Nazis invaded his homeland?
4. In the first interview what did we learn about Stangl's tour of duty?
5. What was Hitler's speech about, as detailed in the fist chapter of Part Two of the book?
6. As one of five men with medals, why was Stangl anxious within three days of the Nazis invading Austria?
7. What does the author describe for us about T4 and the facility used for T4 in the initial chapters of Part One of the book?
8. Only who had a chance of surviving the four death camps and how many actually survived?
9. Why did Stangl stop in Chelm before going on to Sobibor?
10. What was Albert Hartl's experience while riding with Colonel Blobel?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)