|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far was Chelm from Sobibor?
(a) 50 km.
(b) 30 km.
(c) 10 km.
(d) 25 km.
2. All of these were within a 200 hundred mile radius of where?
3. Who originally conceived the Madagascar Plan in 1937 to relocate Jews?
(a) The Austrians.
(b) The French.
(c) The Poles.
(d) The Germans.
4. What is the building being used for today that Stangl describes in detail about his conversation with Globocnik on the bench?
5. Who signed the travel documents for Stangl's wife and kids to travel home from living near Sobibor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was eventually commissioned to write the Euthanasia opposition opinion regarding the Catholic Church?
2. What time of year was it when Stangl met Globocnik at the SS HQ on the bench?
3. What was the name of the young lawyer who was closely involved with the Euthanasia Programme, who became chief administrative officer at T4?
4. What was the name of the priest in charge of the Catholic section of the Reich Church Ministry?
5. Colonel Blobel remarked as he laughingly pointed to mass graves along a ravine, that "here lie my ___ Jews."
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author mention about Hitler's new Europe from "Mein Kampf?"
2. How did Stangl's family come to stay in Chelm for a period of time while he was working at Sobibor?
3. What was Albert Hartl's experience while riding with Colonel Blobel?
4. In the first interview what did we learn about Stangl's tour of duty?
5. What events occurred in Stangl's life after he became a policeman, but just before the Nazis invaded his homeland?
6. Why were concentration camps originally set up as opposed to extermination camps, according to the author?
7. How did Stanislaw Szmajzner describe the Sobibor camp set-up?
8. What were the sleeping arrangements at Sobibor the first few weeks after Stangl arrived?
9. What was the significance of placing all four death camps in Poland?
10. What body officially approved the four extermination camps and what was the name of each camp?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)