|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stangl was born in a small town in Austria on March 26th in what year?
2. Who originally conceived the Madagascar Plan in 1937 to relocate Jews?
(a) The Poles.
(b) The Austrians.
(c) The French.
(d) The Germans.
3. Who asked Hartl to write an opinion on whether the Church would oppose the German State euthanising the incurably insane?
4. Otto Horn was a professional nurse from eastern Germany who joined the Nazi Party for what reason?
(a) Protect his family.
(b) Keep his job.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Get a promotion.
5. In the fourth interview where does Stangl say he reported to after traveling with a group of people?
6. On the fourth day of interviews Stangl began talking about his travels with how many people from the "Foundation"?
7. How many people survived the four Nazi death camps?
8. What was the name of Stangl's friend who was sent to a concentration camp for asking to be relieved from duty?
9. Another man closely connected with the Euthanasia Programme, Albert Hartl was a priest for how many years before joining the SS?
10. What was the first name of Stangl's wife?
11. Victims were transported to Nazi death camps via ____.
(b) Military trucks.
(d) Private vehicles.
12. In what year was Stangl ordered to report to Berlin for instructions?
13. What year did Hitler write "Mein Kampf" containing his new Europe concept based on racial theories?
14. In the first two months, when Stangl supervised at Sobibor, about how many people were killed there?
15. Despite denials, who, according to the author, was shown to be involved in the planning of the death camps to exterminate the Jews as early as 1941?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Dusseldorf court sentenced Stangl to life imprisonment for co-responsibility in how many murders?
2. What is the name of the officer that revealed, in drunkenness, what went on at Sobibor to Stangl's wife?
3. Stan arrived in Sobibor and described for the author the division into how many "camps?"
4. According to the author, who carried out the first gassing of Germans certified as incurably insane?
5. Who took over as Sobibor Kommandant after Stangl left for Treblinka?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)