|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stangl, how many groups were he and others told were exempt from the Euthanasia "mercy killings"?
2. Besides, Suchomel, who else does the author mention as defending that Stangl did not carry a gun, but a small whip only?
3. Who chaired the Wannsee Conference in January 1942 that officially approved of the extermination program?
(a) Christian Wirth.
(b) Dieter Allers.
(c) Reinhardt Heydrich.
(d) Dr. Karl Brandt.
4. What was the name of the priest in charge of the Catholic section of the Reich Church Ministry?
(a) Josef Roth.
(b) Father Schneider.
(c) Father Mario.
(d) Graf Galen.
5. How many people survived the four Nazi death camps?
6. What is the name of the officer that revealed, in drunkenness, what went on at Sobibor to Stangl's wife?
(c) Kurt Franz.
7. In October 1941 Stangl was sent to "clean up" what Euthanasia institute?
8. These two men, Jan Karski and Kurt Gerstein, described horrifying conditions at which death camp run by Wirth?
9. Stan arrived in Sobibor and described for the author the division into how many "camps?"
10. Why did Stangl think the Jews were exterminated?
11. How long did Hartl convalesce after a nervous breakdown before being discharged from the SS?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 6 months.
12. In what year did Globocnik commit suicide?
13. Three women, Eda, Esther, and Bagle, joined the barracks at Sobibor to do what?
14. Who took over as Sobibor Kommandant after Stangl left for Treblinka?
15. Just before a lunch break during the first interview, how long did the author listen to Stangl before telling him what she wanted from the interviews or she would not continue?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 2 1/2 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Stangl sentenced to life imprisonment for war crimes?
2. In what year was Stangl ordered to report to Berlin for instructions?
3. Who originally conceived the Madagascar Plan in 1937 to relocate Jews?
4. Who found Stangl's wife crying, and told her they already knew what happened at Sobibor from the beginning but knew Stangl to be a decent man?
5. All of these were within a 200 hundred mile radius of where?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)