|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Into That Darkness: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stan arrived in Sobibor and described for the author the division into how many "camps?"
2. Between 1941 and 1944 it is estimated the Nazis killed how many Russian civilians in the first steps of their genocide of "inferior races" plans?
(a) 2 million.
(b) 3 million.
(d) 7 million.
3. Stangl described what when he first traveled to Treblinka, his new assignment with an SS driver?
(a) The fires.
(b) The smell.
(c) The workers.
(d) The village.
4. In what year did Stangl's sister-in-law meet her Jewish husband?
5. How long did Hartl convalesce after a nervous breakdown before being discharged from the SS?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 12 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Bishop of Munster who engaged in public protest of Hitler's anti-Church and Euthanasia activities in 1941?
2. What is the name of the Polish diplomat who wrote a book about Pope Pius XII, entitled "Pius XII a Polski 1939-1949?"
3. Who found Stangl's wife crying, and told her they already knew what happened at Sobibor from the beginning but knew Stangl to be a decent man?
4. Who talked about becoming the "block-eldest" in the Sobibor barracks for work-Jews?
5. In the Fall of 1935 Stangl was getting married and was also transferred to a police assignment in what town?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)