|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Into That Darkness: Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose wife suffered a mental breakdown at constantly witnessing the genocide of the Jews in her area?
(a) Franz Stangl.
(b) Dieter Allers.
(c) Albert Hartl.
(d) Pan Zabecki.
2. Shortly after Stangl's wife found him in a prison in Bad Ischl, he was transferred to a huge camp where?
(a) In Vienna.
(b) In Glasenbach.
(c) In Dusseldorf.
(d) In Hof.
3. Otto Horn was a professional nurse from eastern Germany who joined the Nazi Party for what reason?
(a) Keep his job.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Protect his family.
(d) Get a promotion.
4. One survivor describes the fine art of understanding how to do what in Treblinka?
(a) Hide food.
(b) Obey the guards.
(c) Stay alive.
(d) Find food.
5. At the Euthanasia locations, Suchomel was responsible for archiving records in what format?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the dog trained to attack people in the genital areas in Treblinka?
2. Besides, Suchomel, who else does the author mention as defending that Stangl did not carry a gun, but a small whip only?
3. Dieter Allers told the author that there were _____ Euthanasia Programme workers, all sent to Russia after the "mercy killings" stopped.
4. What was the name of Hitler's interpreter in Rome who described Hitler as "incredibly receptive to information?"
5. According to Stangl when he was assigned to the T4 facility he was told that the "mercy killing" policies were already being done by law in Russia and where?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)