|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Into That Darkness: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Hartl convalesce after a nervous breakdown before being discharged from the SS?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 1 week.
2. These two men, Jan Karski and Kurt Gerstein, described horrifying conditions at which death camp run by Wirth?
3. According to Stangl who invented the "system" of nakedness, whippings and 'cattle pens' to exterminate the Jews efficiently?
4. What is the building being used for today that Stangl describes in detail about his conversation with Globocnik on the bench?
5. Another man closely connected with the Euthanasia Programme, Albert Hartl was a priest for how many years before joining the SS?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author stayed with a camp survivor and his family at their farmhouse in Switzerland in what year?
2. What is the name of the son who took in his parents after his father was released from prison for his work in the death camps?
3. According to the author, who carried out the first gassing of Germans certified as incurably insane?
4. Whose final accounting about "Aktion Reinhardt" is mentioned by the author in the beginning of Part Two of the biography?
5. What was the first name of Stangl's wife?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)