|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Into That Darkness: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the German term for Austria as a province of the Third Reich?
2. Who talked about becoming the "block-eldest" in the Sobibor barracks for work-Jews?
3. Who suggested buckets for women in the tube for defecation?
4. How long did Hartl convalesce after a nervous breakdown before being discharged from the SS?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 week.
5. Who originally conceived the Madagascar Plan in 1937 to relocate Jews?
(a) The French.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Austrians.
(d) The Poles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Stangl think the Jews were exterminated?
2. According to Stangl, who spent two weeks reorganizing Treblinka?
3. Stangl described Treblinka's horrors upon his arrival as what?
4. Globocnik was almost arrested by a ____ patrol in Carinthia after the war.
5. Several survivors testified at Stagl's trial, but who is the one survivor whose testimony Stangl felt as a betrayal?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)