|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Into That Darkness: Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forty men were assigned to Treblinka but only how many worked there at a time?
2. At the Euthanasia locations, Suchomel was responsible for archiving records in what format?
3. Stangl described Treblinka's horrors upon his arrival as what?
(a) Hell on earth.
(b) Dante's Inferno.
(c) Unimaginable horror!
4. Between 1941 and 1944 it is estimated the Nazis killed how many Russian civilians in the first steps of their genocide of "inferior races" plans?
(a) 3 million.
(b) 2 million.
(d) 7 million.
5. In what year was the Chelmno extermination camp set up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pfoch's diary account of the Treblinka transport he photographed, witnessed and traveled behind as a young soldier included a count of how many people rammed into each railway car?
2. According to Stan, in Sobibor if you wanted a chance at survival you needed to be assigned to Camp __?
3. Who talked about becoming the "block-eldest" in the Sobibor barracks for work-Jews?
4. In the summer of what year was Hitler jeered by a crowd about the Euthanasia policies and practices?
5. What was the name of the special department created to handle Hitler's private affairs and personal petitions?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)