Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Included in the importance of forgetting dream matter is how __________________ a dream is.
2. From where does the dream's ________ material come?
3. Freud does not believe one set of _________ applies to everyone.
4. Who wrote the studies on anxiety dreams in children?
5. Dream peculiarity is due to limited ____________ during sleep.
Short Essay Questions
1. In relation to the waking state, what does Freud say happens during the dreaming state?
2. What are day residues?
3. What cannot be denied in relation to dream work, according to Freud?
4. Freud says that a scene or wish in the unconscious progresses toward the pre-conscious. What happens then?
5. What does Freud believe is quote foolish to do?
6. What does Freud mention about the dreams in which he has seen numbers and calculations?
7. What are some alternative causes of dreams as indicated by Freud?
8. Of what does Freud discuss the conflicts and contradictions?
9. Where did Freud say that he discovered the wish fulfillment dream?
10. As what is the displacement of the dream carried out?
The idea of nerve stimuli from outside sources is one that Freud discusses at length. Give an example of what nerve stimuli means to a dream. What are some ways this can affect the dreamer and the dream itself? Does Freud believe these stimuli hurt or help a dreamer? Is the result of dream stimuli a valid part of the dream? Why or why not?
Freud has always been a controversial figure in psychology and yet he is revered at the same time. What ideas in this book seem to support his reputation as a bit of a renegade? What ideas in this book seem to solidify his reputation as someone who has a lot to contribute to the field? In the end, how does this book change your perception of Freud? Does it change your perception at all? Why or why not?
Freud creates a list of symbols that could be used to find sexually latent content in dreams. What are some of the symbols he shares and their meanings? Do you agree with his findings? What other symbols do you feel could be used to extrapolate a sexual meaning? What does the focus on sex seem to say abut Freud?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)