|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the dream's ________ material come?
2. Freud discusses __________ versus __________ dream content.
(a) pre-conscious, unconcious
(b) real, unreal
(c) subconscious, unconscious
(d) manifest, latent
3. The value of the dream is not like a _______________ being banged upon.
(a) musical instrument
4. Freud must "_________" that dream content has actual meaning.
5. Freud says that the doctrine is not based on an interpretation of the obvious _______ of dream content.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is a lack of _______ that occurs when we are dreaming.
2. Freud notes his approach is more difficult than the _________ method.
3. The exact truth of the memory of the dreamer is questionable because we almost always take ________ with the truth.
4. What sparked interest in how general the theory of wish fulfillment in dreams is?
5. Freud breaks down the __________ of memory with respect to dreams.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the wrong way to interpret symbols in dreams?
2. What does Freud believe is quote foolish to do?
3. What does Freud mention about the dreams in which he has seen numbers and calculations?
4. How does Freud describe a wish fulfillment dream?
5. What does Freud say about the human regard for dreams?
6. In part one, for what does Freud propose to show a technique for interpreting?
7. Instead of the dream turning a waking idea into a dreaming hallucination, what happens?
8. What does Freud have to say about other dream theories?
9. What are some alternative causes of dreams as indicated by Freud?
10. What is another way Freud describes the symbols found in dreams?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)