|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud does not say there is only one kind of dream as this theory would be easily _________.
(a) agreed with
2. Dreams think mostly in _________.
3. Included in the importance of forgetting dream matter is how __________________ a dream is.
(a) ordered or disordered
(b) light or heavy
(c) dark or light
(d) simple or difficult
4. Freud gives a ___________ background of the dream as it was regarded.
5. There is a lack of _______ that occurs when we are dreaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose dream theories does Freud agree with in this section?
2. Freud breaks down the __________ of memory with respect to dreams.
3. The scientific world is left without _______ for dream interpretation because of the idea that dreams are illogical and invaluable.
4. Freud says we bring our __________ experience to the _________ experience of dreaming.
5. Freud justifies that his method is a ______ method of dream interpretation.
Short Essay Questions
1. To lay the groundwork for a discussion of more characteristics of dream distortion, what does Freud discuss?
2. What are the ways Freud interprets the dreams he has given for examples?
3. What is another form of displacement that Freud brings offers?
4. What does Freud say about the nature of dreams?
5. For what does Freud say a dream is significant?
6. Why is the scientific world left without proper methods for interpreting dreams?
7. What is the concern about the disguise of the dream?
8. What is the goal of the first interpretation of a dream?
9. What does Schleiermacher's theory state in reference to the strangeness of dreams?
10. The transformation of unconscious thoughts does not imply what, according to Freud?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)