|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While dreams are unreal, the ________ that occur in the dream are real.
2. Who should take heed of sayings that reveal the simple truth of dreams as wish fulfillment?
3. The dream is a significant ___________ tool.
(c) mental health
4. By taking the time to consider the answer to #56, this allows for ___________ the first interpretation.
(d) listening to
5. Other theories note that dreams are merely __________ functions with symbols.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud hopes he will be able to _______ the dream process.
2. Dreams and wishes yet to be _________ can turn up as wish fulfillment dreams that begin in childhood and continue into adulthood.
3. Dream peculiarity is due to limited ____________ during sleep.
4. The interpretation of dreams begins with the _________ content of the dream.
5. The dream for the __________ is not meaningless or absurd.
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose dream theory does Freud not challenge?
2. For what does Freud say a dream is significant?
3. What does Freud have to say about other dream theories?
4. What other things (besides the answer to #1) does Freud say he will discuss in the course of the book?
5. What is the wrong way to interpret symbols in dreams?
6. In relation to the waking state, what does Freud say happens during the dreaming state?
7. What does Schleiermacher's theory state in reference to the strangeness of dreams?
8. What other question does Freud propose other dream analysts ask?
9. To lay the groundwork for a discussion of more characteristics of dream distortion, what does Freud discuss?
10. What cannot be denied in relation to dream work, according to Freud?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)