|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Included in the importance of forgetting dream matter is how __________________ a dream is.
(a) dark or light
(b) light or heavy
(c) ordered or disordered
(d) simple or difficult
2. From where does the dream's ________ material come?
3. Freud does not believe one set of _________ applies to everyone.
4. Who wrote the studies on anxiety dreams in children?
(c) von Hartman
5. Dream peculiarity is due to limited ____________ during sleep.
(b) brain activity
Short Answer Questions
1. Dreams make explicit reference to the ___________ day.
2. Freud notes that the world only has __________ limited methods for dream interpretation, both of which are worthless according to him.
3. The dream is best categorized as ____________ and subjective.
4. What kind of content is related to recent experiences?
5. Dreams are psychic activities that are links to our ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. In relation to the waking state, what does Freud say happens during the dreaming state?
2. What are day residues?
3. What cannot be denied in relation to dream work, according to Freud?
4. Freud says that a scene or wish in the unconscious progresses toward the pre-conscious. What happens then?
5. What does Freud believe is quote foolish to do?
6. What does Freud mention about the dreams in which he has seen numbers and calculations?
7. What are some alternative causes of dreams as indicated by Freud?
8. Of what does Freud discuss the conflicts and contradictions?
9. Where did Freud say that he discovered the wish fulfillment dream?
10. As what is the displacement of the dream carried out?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)