|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dreams which contain material of which we are not aware in our waking state are called what?
2. Freud likens dreaming to other kinds like mental activity like:
(b) List making
(d) Creative processes
3. Who should take heed of sayings that reveal the simple truth of dreams as wish fulfillment?
4. Freud agrees he must not be so foolish as to generalize that there is only _______ kind of dream.
(a) a difficult
(c) a recurring
(d) a simple
5. Dreams and wishes yet to be _________ can turn up as wish fulfillment dreams that begin in childhood and continue into adulthood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Included in the importance of forgetting dream matter is how __________________ a dream is.
2. Patients not only shared their dreams with Freud, but also their ______________.
3. Many people perceive their dreams are _______ or alien.
4. According to Schleiermacher's theory, when we are away, we experience brain activity through ______.
5. Who has a dream in which he knows the Latin names of several plants?
Short Essay Questions
1. The transformation of unconscious thoughts does not imply what, according to Freud?
2. What is Freud's logic about the reason why wish fulfillment dreams are not the only dreams?
3. What cannot be denied in relation to dream work, according to Freud?
4. Freud says that dream interpretation can be problematic because it should not be based on what?
5. Instead of the dream turning a waking idea into a dreaming hallucination, what happens?
6. What does Freud say about the nature of dreams?
7. In what do dreams mostly 'think'?
8. What does Freud insist about dreams?
9. What is the wrong way to interpret symbols in dreams?
10. What is the fractional interpretation of dreams?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)