|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lay theories are illogical and lack the ________ to deny the importance of dreams.
2. Dreams which contain material of which we are not aware in our waking state are called what?
3. What does Freud think people believe is not responsible for creating dreams in the first place?
(a) Our friends
(c) The world
(d) The brain
4. What is another form of the childhood memory?
(a) The nonsense dream
(b) The recurring dream
(c) The wish fulfillment dream
(d) The anxiety dream
5. Freud notes that the world only has __________ limited methods for dream interpretation, both of which are worthless according to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the variables of wish dreams is the way the dream is so uniquely ____________.
2. The answer to #92, these may or may not be ___________ during waking hours.
3. Dream theories hold that dreams are not ____________ activities.
4. What sparked interest in how general the theory of wish fulfillment in dreams is?
5. The dream for the __________ is not meaningless or absurd.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Freud say about the nature of dreams?
2. What is Freud's logic about the reason why wish fulfillment dreams are not the only dreams?
3. What does Freud have to say about criticism by the dreamer?
4. What is the unified whole that Freud wants to create in the interpretation of dreams?
5. What other question does Freud propose other dream analysts ask?
6. What is another form of displacement that Freud brings offers?
7. What is the first issue Freud addresses regarding the dream as wish fulfillment?
8. Where did Freud say that he discovered the wish fulfillment dream?
9. What cannot be denied in relation to dream work, according to Freud?
10. What does Freud say is difficult about using dream examples?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)