|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Times older than one day are remembered the day before the dream and thus are still only __________.
(a) a memory
(b) a day old
(c) a passing thought
(d) a new idea
2. Dreams are rarely _______, according to Freud.
3. Whose poetry does Freud cite as evidence of his own dream manifestations?
4. Who wrote the studies on anxiety dreams in children?
(c) von Hartman
5. The ____________ of dreams is a manifestation of subjective feelings, desires, and passions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are also included in dream memory?
2. According to Schleiermacher's theory, when we are away, we experience brain activity through ______.
3. The main focus of Freud's book is the ___________ of dreams.
4. After a great ______, one should be careful.
5. Freud must "_________" that dream content has actual meaning.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some sources of memories that can arise in dreams?
2. Instead of the dream turning a waking idea into a dreaming hallucination, what happens?
3. How does Freud describe a wish fulfillment dream?
4. To what does Freud liken the act of dreaming?
5. What does Freud have to say about criticism by the dreamer?
6. What does Freud share as something vital in understanding dreams?
7. What is the goal of the first interpretation of a dream?
8. What is another way Freud describes the symbols found in dreams?
9. What does Freud say about the human regard for dreams?
10. To lay the groundwork for a discussion of more characteristics of dream distortion, what does Freud discuss?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)