|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Times older than one day are remembered the day before the dream and thus are still only __________.
(a) a passing thought
(b) a day old
(c) a memory
(d) a new idea
2. Freud does not say there is only one kind of dream as this theory would be easily _________.
(d) agreed with
3. Freud also talks about the _________ who have calculated the preponderance of painful or distressing dreams.
(a) two ladies
(d) other analysts
4. After a great ______, one should be careful.
5. Freud hopes he will be able to _______ the dream process.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks dreams with moral issues are actually the responsibility of the dreamer?
2. Freud also includes examples of the dreams of his own, his friends and of ____________.
3. Freud justifies that his method is a ______ method of dream interpretation.
4. What requires a visit to the nature of memory in dreaming?
5. Whose poetry does Freud cite as evidence of his own dream manifestations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other things (besides the answer to #1) does Freud say he will discuss in the course of the book?
2. What does Schleiermacher's theory state in reference to the strangeness of dreams?
3. Of what does Freud discuss the conflicts and contradictions?
4. With what the dream does Freud begin this section?
5. Dreams play no part in the creation of what?
6. What does Freud insist about dreams?
7. What is another way Freud describes the symbols found in dreams?
8. What does Freud have to say when challenging the impact of external stimuli?
9. For what does Freud say a dream is significant?
10. Freud says that a scene or wish in the unconscious progresses toward the pre-conscious. What happens then?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)