|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The answer to #92, these may or may not be ___________ during waking hours.
2. Lay theories are illogical and lack the ________ to deny the importance of dreams.
3. After a great ______, one should be careful.
4. Dreams and wishes yet to be _________ can turn up as wish fulfillment dreams that begin in childhood and continue into adulthood.
5. Freud discusses __________ versus __________ dream content.
(a) manifest, latent
(b) real, unreal
(c) pre-conscious, unconcious
(d) subconscious, unconscious
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ and dreaming run in parallel.
2. Freud agrees he must not be so foolish as to generalize that there is only _______ kind of dream.
3. What leads to a deeper study of dream problems?
4. Freud notes his approach is more difficult than the _________ method.
5. The ideas the dreamer has during the day carry over into the sleeping hours as __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Freud share as something vital in understanding dreams?
2. What is the wrong way to interpret symbols in dreams?
3. Why is the scientific world left without proper methods for interpreting dreams?
4. Of what does Freud discuss the conflicts and contradictions?
5. With what the dream does Freud begin this section?
6. What are day residues?
7. What inevitably leads to a deeper study of dream problems according to Freud?
8. What does Freud say is difficult about using dream examples?
9. Whose dream theory does Freud not challenge?
10. Dreams play no part in the creation of what?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)