|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The contrasts between dreams and waking states are ___________.
(d) not Freud's concern
2. The exact truth of the memory of the dreamer is questionable because we almost always take ________ with the truth.
3. What does Freud think people believe is not responsible for creating dreams in the first place?
(a) The brain
(b) Our friends
(c) The world
4. Freud seeks to prove the ______________ of a dream to the person's waking activities, thoughts, and feelings.
5. According to Schleiermacher's theory, when we are away, we experience brain activity through ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. To begin, Freud must question the way the dream is ____________.
2. Dreams which contain material of which we are not aware in our waking state are called what?
3. Who has a dream in which he knows the Latin names of several plants?
4. The dream is best categorized as ____________ and subjective.
5. Freud works to isolate the problem of how ___________ psychology plays a part in dream psychology.
Short Essay Questions
1. Instead of the dream turning a waking idea into a dreaming hallucination, what happens?
2. What does Freud share as something vital in understanding dreams?
3. What are some sources of memories that can arise in dreams?
4. What is another way Freud describes the symbols found in dreams?
5. What does Freud mention about the dreams in which he has seen numbers and calculations?
6. What are the three forms of stimuli involved in dreams?
7. What does Freud say about the human regard for dreams?
8. What does Freud have to say when challenging the impact of external stimuli?
9. For what does Freud say a dream is significant?
10. In relation to the waking state, what does Freud say happens during the dreaming state?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)