|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dreams which contain material of which we are not aware in our waking state are called what?
2. Other theories note that dreams are merely __________ functions with symbols.
3. Dreams and wishes yet to be _________ can turn up as wish fulfillment dreams that begin in childhood and continue into adulthood.
4. At the same time, Freud believes dreams are poetic, divinatory and ________.
5. Freud also talks about the _________ who have calculated the preponderance of painful or distressing dreams.
(a) two ladies
(b) other analysts
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of content is related to recent experiences?
2. What are also included in dream memory?
3. Freud questions whether wish fulfillment is a typical __________ of dreams.
4. Dreams are rarely _______, according to Freud.
5. Many people perceive their dreams are _______ or alien.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the final additional component of dream formation?
2. Whose dream theory does Freud not challenge?
3. In what kind of images does the waking brain think?
4. After Freud defines the act of dreaming, what does he include in this section?
5. What is the concern about the disguise of the dream?
6. What does Freud have to say about other dream theories?
7. What does Schleiermacher's theory state in reference to the strangeness of dreams?
8. Dreams play no part in the creation of what?
9. With what the dream does Freud begin this section?
10. In relation to the waking state, what does Freud say happens during the dreaming state?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)