|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What takes the place of waking actions?
(a) Anxiety dreams
(b) Wish fulfillment dream
(c) Dream amnesia
(d) Dream interpreration
2. The dream is a tool of _______________.
(d) wish fulfillment
3. Freud breaks down the __________ of memory with respect to dreams.
(b) fine points
(c) inner workings
4. Freud's method of dream collection provided him with the material needed to interpret dreams as _________ of waking reality
5. At the same time, Freud believes dreams are poetic, divinatory and ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud offers to prove the theory that dreams are not driven by ________.
2. Freud also includes examples of the dreams of his own, his friends and of ____________.
3. The main focus of Freud's book is the ___________ of dreams.
4. The interpretation of dreams begins with the _________ content of the dream.
5. Freud agrees he must not be so foolish as to generalize that there is only _______ kind of dream.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the unified whole that Freud wants to create in the interpretation of dreams?
2. What are some alternative causes of dreams as indicated by Freud?
3. What are the ways Freud interprets the dreams he has given for examples?
4. What is the goal of the first interpretation of a dream?
5. What does Freud say about the human regard for dreams?
6. What does Freud have to say about criticism by the dreamer?
7. What does Freud mention about the dreams in which he has seen numbers and calculations?
8. What does Freud say is difficult about using dream examples?
9. What might dreams appear to not have, according to Strumpell?
10. What does Schleiermacher's theory state in reference to the strangeness of dreams?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)