|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dream of Freud's did not at first reveal its underlying meaning?
(a) School dream
(b) Dog dream
(c) Irma dream
(d) Flying dream
2. Many ______ dreams are strictly painful dreams and appear to have nothing to do with wish fulfillment.
3. The dream presents the idea in the dream by creating a ___________.
4. Patients not only shared their dreams with Freud, but also their ______________.
(a) memories of childhood
(b) journal pages about the dreams
(c) family's thoughts about the dreams
(d) thoughts and feelings about the dreams
5. Freud ends the section with proverbs about what __________ dream of.
Short Answer Questions
1. One's mortality will ____________ in one's dreams.
2. Dreams and wishes yet to be _________ can turn up as wish fulfillment dreams that begin in childhood and continue into adulthood.
3. What should one be careful to consider after the idea in #55?
4. Whose poetry does Freud cite as evidence of his own dream manifestations?
5. Who thinks dreams with moral issues are actually the responsibility of the dreamer?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Freud liken the act of dreaming?
2. What other question does Freud propose other dream analysts ask?
3. What is another way Freud describes the symbols found in dreams?
4. After Freud defines the act of dreaming, what does he include in this section?
5. Whose dream theory does Freud not challenge?
6. For what does Freud say a dream is significant?
7. What does Freud share as something vital in understanding dreams?
8. What are some alternative causes of dreams as indicated by Freud?
9. How does Freud explain dream peculiarity?
10. With what the dream does Freud begin this section?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)