|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud think people believe is not responsible for creating dreams in the first place?
(b) The world
(c) Our friends
(d) The brain
2. Who wrote the studies on anxiety dreams in children?
(a) von Hartman
3. The value of the dream is not like a _______________ being banged upon.
(b) musical instrument
4. Dream peculiarity is due to limited ____________ during sleep.
(c) brain activity
5. What sparked interest in how general the theory of wish fulfillment in dreams is?
(a) A book Freud read
(b) A walk in the park
(c) A sleepless night
(d) The Irma dream
Short Answer Questions
1. What are also included in dream memory?
2. Dreams we forget are due to what?
3. After a great ______, one should be careful.
4. The ideas the dreamer has during the day carry over into the sleeping hours as __________________.
5. Freud's method of dream collection provided him with the material needed to interpret dreams as _________ of waking reality
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Freud describe a wish fulfillment dream?
2. For what does Freud say a dream is significant?
3. What cannot be denied in relation to dream work, according to Freud?
4. Instead of the dream turning a waking idea into a dreaming hallucination, what happens?
5. Freud says that a scene or wish in the unconscious progresses toward the pre-conscious. What happens then?
6. What is Freud's logic about the reason why wish fulfillment dreams are not the only dreams?
7. What other things (besides the answer to #1) does Freud say he will discuss in the course of the book?
8. Of what does Freud discuss the conflicts and contradictions?
9. What does Freud believe is quote foolish to do?
10. Freud says that dream interpretation can be problematic because it should not be based on what?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)