|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dreams which contain material of which we are not aware in our waking state are called what?
2. After a great ______, one should be careful.
3. Many ______ dreams are strictly painful dreams and appear to have nothing to do with wish fulfillment.
4. At the same time, Freud believes dreams are poetic, divinatory and ________.
5. Freud likens dreaming to other kinds like mental activity like:
(c) List making
(d) Creative processes
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud does not believe one set of _________ applies to everyone.
2. Who is the French doctor who has a hyperamnesiac dream?
3. Freud states we have a ____________ to forget dreams.
4. Freud notes the dreams are a part of the human ___________.
5. What does Freud think people believe is not responsible for creating dreams in the first place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What might dreams appear to not have, according to Strumpell?
2. What does Freud say about the nature of dreams?
3. What other question does Freud propose other dream analysts ask?
4. As what is the displacement of the dream carried out?
5. What does Schleiermacher's theory state in reference to the strangeness of dreams?
6. What does Freud believe is quote foolish to do?
7. What is the goal of the first interpretation of a dream?
8. In what do dreams mostly 'think'?
9. What does Freud have to say about other dream theories?
10. Whose studies on children does Freud refer to and why?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)