|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Times older than one day are remembered the day before the dream and thus are still only __________.
(a) a passing thought
(b) a day old
(c) a new idea
(d) a memory
2. Freud also includes examples of the dreams of his own, his friends and of ____________.
3. What kind of content is related to recent experiences?
4. Freud's method of dream collection provided him with the material needed to interpret dreams as _________ of waking reality
5. Freud's method allows for interpretation of individual dreams as they apply to __________ dreamers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose poetry does Freud cite as evidence of his own dream manifestations?
2. How many types of tendencies or systems exist in every human in relation to dream content?
3. Freud does not say there is only one kind of dream as this theory would be easily _________.
4. What dream of Freud's did not at first reveal its underlying meaning?
5. Freud breaks down the __________ of memory with respect to dreams.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Freud's method of researching dreams?
2. Of what does Freud discuss the conflicts and contradictions?
3. What is Freud's overall objective in the interpretation of dreams?
4. What does Freud insist about dreams?
5. What does Freud say is difficult about using dream examples?
6. What does Freud believe is quote foolish to do?
7. What are the physical sources of dreams according to Freud?
8. What does Freud have to say about criticism by the dreamer?
9. Where is the bulk of the interpretation of the dream done?
10. What is the final additional component of dream formation?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)