|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dreams are psychic activities that are links to our ___________.
2. Freud discusses __________ versus __________ dream content.
(a) manifest, latent
(b) pre-conscious, unconcious
(c) subconscious, unconscious
(d) real, unreal
3. What dream of Freud's did not at first reveal its underlying meaning?
(a) School dream
(b) Irma dream
(c) Dog dream
(d) Flying dream
4. Dreams and reality are two opposing __________.
5. What is the "_________________" manner of expressing wishes?
(a) striking and unfamiliar
(c) verbal and emotional
Short Answer Questions
1. By taking the time to consider the answer to #56, this allows for ___________ the first interpretation.
2. The answer to #92, these may or may not be ___________ during waking hours.
3. Dreams are rarely _______, according to Freud.
4. Freud notes that people are not ___________ enough in dreams to remember them.
5. The dream is a tool of _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some sources of memories that can arise in dreams?
2. The transformation of unconscious thoughts does not imply what, according to Freud?
3. What are day residues?
4. Of what does Freud discuss the conflicts and contradictions?
5. What are the physical sources of dreams according to Freud?
6. What does Freud share as something vital in understanding dreams?
7. Why does Freud believe his method to be the truer method?
8. What other question does Freud propose other dream analysts ask?
9. Where did Freud say that he discovered the wish fulfillment dream?
10. What is the concern about the disguise of the dream?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)