|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The scientific world is left without _______ for dream interpretation because of the idea that dreams are illogical and invaluable.
2. After a great ______, one should be careful.
3. Freud states we have a ____________ to forget dreams.
4. Other theories note that dreams are merely __________ functions with symbols.
5. Who thinks dreams with moral issues are actually the responsibility of the dreamer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dream theories hold that dreams are not ____________ activities.
2. Freud likens dreaming to other kinds like mental activity like:
3. The ideas the dreamer has during the day carry over into the sleeping hours as __________________.
4. Freud works to isolate the problem of how ___________ psychology plays a part in dream psychology.
5. Freud ends the section with proverbs about what __________ dream of.
Short Essay Questions
1. Freud says that a scene or wish in the unconscious progresses toward the pre-conscious. What happens then?
2. What does Freud share as something vital in understanding dreams?
3. What is the fractional interpretation of dreams?
4. As what is the displacement of the dream carried out?
5. What does Freud say about the human regard for dreams?
6. How does Freud describe a wish fulfillment dream?
7. In part one, for what does Freud propose to show a technique for interpreting?
8. What does Freud mention about the dreams in which he has seen numbers and calculations?
9. The transformation of unconscious thoughts does not imply what, according to Freud?
10. What does Freud have to say when challenging the impact of external stimuli?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)