|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose dream theories does Freud agree with in this section?
(a) R.A. Scherner
(b) No one's
2. Dreams are rarely _______, according to Freud.
3. What kind of content is related to recent experiences?
4. Freud questions whether wish fulfillment is a typical __________ of dreams.
5. Who wrote the studies on anxiety dreams in children?
(b) von Hartman
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose poetry does Freud cite as evidence of his own dream manifestations?
2. Freud breaks down the __________ of memory with respect to dreams.
3. Freud notes his approach is more difficult than the _________ method.
4. Times older than one day are remembered the day before the dream and thus are still only __________.
5. The dream presents the idea in the dream by creating a ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the fractional interpretation of dreams?
2. What does Freud mention about the dreams in which he has seen numbers and calculations?
3. Instead of the dream turning a waking idea into a dreaming hallucination, what happens?
4. What are day residues?
5. What is Freud's method of researching dreams?
6. What is Freud's logic about the reason why wish fulfillment dreams are not the only dreams?
7. Why does Freud believe his method to be the truer method?
8. How does Freud describe a wish fulfillment dream?
9. The transformation of unconscious thoughts does not imply what, according to Freud?
10. In part one, for what does Freud propose to show a technique for interpreting?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)