|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The scientific world is left without _______ for dream interpretation because of the idea that dreams are illogical and invaluable.
2. Freud justifies that his method is a ______ method of dream interpretation.
3. What tends to appear in dreams?
(a) Childhood memories
(b) People we love
4. Who thinks dreams with moral issues are actually the responsibility of the dreamer?
5. The ____________ of dreams is a manifestation of subjective feelings, desires, and passions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dreams are psychic activities that are links to our ___________.
2. Freud hopes he will be able to _______ the dream process.
3. Freud breaks down the __________ of memory with respect to dreams.
4. Freud quotes _________ in this section.
5. According to Schleiermacher's theory, when we are away, we experience brain activity through ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Freud say about the nature of dreams?
2. After Freud defines the act of dreaming, what does he include in this section?
3. Why does Freud believe his method to be the truer method?
4. What other question does Freud propose other dream analysts ask?
5. What is the unified whole that Freud wants to create in the interpretation of dreams?
6. What are some sources of memories that can arise in dreams?
7. What are some alternative causes of dreams as indicated by Freud?
8. What is the concern about the disguise of the dream?
9. How does Freud describe a wish fulfillment dream?
10. What is the fractional interpretation of dreams?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)