|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of content is related to recent experiences?
2. Freud states we have a ____________ to forget dreams.
3. Freud questions whether wish fulfillment is a typical __________ of dreams.
4. Freud notes his approach is more difficult than the _________ method.
5. Freud also talks about the _________ who have calculated the preponderance of painful or distressing dreams.
(b) other analysts
(c) two ladies
Short Answer Questions
1. The main focus of Freud's book is the ___________ of dreams.
2. According to Freud, dream content has actual ___________.
3. Freud gives a ___________ background of the dream as it was regarded.
4. Dream theories hold that dreams are not ____________ activities.
5. While dreams are unreal, the ________ that occur in the dream are real.
Short Essay Questions
1. What might dreams appear to not have, according to Strumpell?
2. Where did Freud say that he discovered the wish fulfillment dream?
3. What does Schleiermacher's theory state in reference to the strangeness of dreams?
4. In part one, for what does Freud propose to show a technique for interpreting?
5. What does Freud share as something vital in understanding dreams?
6. What other question does Freud propose other dream analysts ask?
7. What is the fractional interpretation of dreams?
8. What is another form of displacement that Freud brings offers?
9. What is the goal of the first interpretation of a dream?
10. What does Freud have to say about other dream theories?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)