|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud uses __________ dreams to prove his method is better.
(c) his own
(d) his parents'
2. What kind of content is related to recent experiences?
3. Freud agrees he must not be so foolish as to generalize that there is only _______ kind of dream.
(a) a simple
(b) a difficult
(c) a recurring
4. The interpretation of dreams begins with the _________ content of the dream.
5. Dreams think mostly in _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the same time, Freud believes dreams are poetic, divinatory and ________.
2. Freud also includes examples of the dreams of his own, his friends and of ____________.
3. Dream peculiarity is due to limited ____________ during sleep.
4. What leads to a deeper study of dream problems?
5. Freud's method of dream collection provided him with the material needed to interpret dreams as _________ of waking reality
Short Essay Questions
1. What is another way Freud describes the symbols found in dreams?
2. Where did Freud say that he discovered the wish fulfillment dream?
3. What inevitably leads to a deeper study of dream problems according to Freud?
4. Whose dream theory does Freud not challenge?
5. Freud says that dream interpretation can be problematic because it should not be based on what?
6. What other things (besides the answer to #1) does Freud say he will discuss in the course of the book?
7. Freud says that a scene or wish in the unconscious progresses toward the pre-conscious. What happens then?
8. What are the three forms of stimuli involved in dreams?
9. What does Freud say about the nature of dreams?
10. What does Freud believe is quote foolish to do?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)