|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The response to stimuli is __________ because the dreaming brain has only brain activity with which to respond.
2. Who said dreams appear without actual or appropriate emotional value?
3. One thought is represented and extended through the dream by way of associated imagery, much in the same way ________ does, according to Freud.
(b) a book
(d) a theories
4. The changes of __________ facilitates more than one thought.
5. __________ is likely linked to the nature of sleep.
6. The bulk of dream interpretation is done on the __________ content.
7. What is very common as Freud states occurs in absurd dreams?
(a) Being naked
(b) Intellectual performance
(c) Running away
8. A dreamer who recognizes he is dreaming has slipped past the _____ that transpose the dream thoughts.
9. This displacement is also carried out as a _____________ of condensing.
10. Freud says that writers neglect to include or make less important the somatic dream stimuli if they involve any ________ activity.
11. Freud uses the dream to discuss the _____ of the problematic nature of dream interpretation.
12. Dreams can be pointing to a ___________ or to history.
(c) recent moment
13. The _________ of dreams cannot be denied.
14. Dream interpretation must not be based on ________ or exaggerated assumptions.
15. The final component of dream formation is the __________ expressed by the dreamer during the dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. The answer to #152 is not directed at the ________ itself but is applied appropriately to the dream content as a response by the dreamer.
2. Freud provides an example of a dreamer who is the victim of a _____________ painting a house.
3. Freud does admit that some dreams contain symbols the are responding to ____________ stimuli.
4. Freud explores the ____________ process if a dream is a condensed version of thoughts by virtue of its leaving out most of those thoughts.
5. There is also mention of a dream in which a trip during a storm to a ____________ that is soaked through.
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)