|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _________ of dreams cannot be denied.
2. The dreamer either feels no ___________ to dream content or feels the _________ emotions as a response to the content.
(a) significance, memorable
(b) attachment, wrong
(c) significance, basic
(d) attachement, right
3. Who said dreams appear without actual or appropriate emotional value?
4. What is very common as Freud states occurs in absurd dreams?
(a) Intellectual performance
(b) Running away
(d) Being naked
5. These symbols must be translated ______________.
(b) within the context of the dreamer's life.
(c) one at a time.
(d) in groups.
6. Freud compares dream work to dream ___________.
7. The concern is the ____________ of the dream as it translates abstract dream thoughts into colors and images.
8. Dreams can be pointing to a ___________ or to history.
(b) recent moment
9. What comment does Freud cite as an example of #153?
(a) This isn't real
(b) I must be dreaming
(c) After all, it is only a dream
(d) What a dream that was
10. Everything in dreams that seems to be _________ is not but is instead what Freud considers dream thoughts that find their way completely as latent dream content.
11. Freud notes that the nature of dreams as _____ items in which the intensity of the elements is displaced.
12. Freud does admit that some dreams contain symbols the are responding to ____________ stimuli.
13. A dreamer who recognizes he is dreaming has slipped past the _____ that transpose the dream thoughts.
14. This displacement is also carried out as a _____________ of condensing.
15. Another dreamer dreams of a child with a deformed ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud provides an example of a dreamer who is the victim of a _____________ painting a house.
2. A __________ interpretation of dreams is an attempt to interpret one's dream by looking at one piece at a time.
3. What occurs frequently for the dreamer in relation to the characteristics specific to the dream?
4. Which of these is NOT considered to be a source of dreams, according to laymen?
5. Dream interpretation must be allowed to prove ______ consistently over time.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)