|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud also discusses the ____________ of dream content.
2. Dream interpretation must be allowed to prove ______ consistently over time.
(a) fortune telling
3. One thought is represented and extended through the dream by way of associated imagery, much in the same way ________ does, according to Freud.
(a) a book
(c) a theories
4. Freud begins this chapter with a discussion of ___________.
(a) changing dream theories
(c) retroactive dreaming
5. The dream can not create or craft ___________.
(a) the future
6. Freud thinks there is a difficulty in using dream examples when they are related out of ___________.
(c) patient journals
(d) the office
7. The answer to #152 is not directed at the ________ itself but is applied appropriately to the dream content as a response by the dreamer.
8. What can threaten to undermine the very foundation of our efforts at dream interpretation?
(d) Other theorists
9. The bulk of dream interpretation is done on the __________ content.
10. Which dreams appear alarming but are actually wish fulfillment dreams?
(a) Anxiety dreams
(b) Death dreams
(c) Fire dreams
(d) Tornado dreams
11. When the dream has been _______, that's when the dream can be changed.
(d) found out
12. Manifest dream content presents itself as symbols, which Freud calls _______________,
13. These symbols must be translated ______________.
(b) in groups.
(c) one at a time.
(d) within the context of the dreamer's life.
14. Which of these is NOT considered to be a source of dreams, according to laymen?
(a) The weather
(b) Sleep positions
(c) Stomach ills
(d) Occurrences during sleep
15. The displacement is carried out as having relevance to the ____________ associations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a form of stimuli?
2. Evidence of ______________ does exist in sensory images and in the physical changes during dreaming.
3. Freud says that writers neglect to include or make less important the somatic dream stimuli if they involve any ________ activity.
4. There is another kind of displacement mentioned - the exchange of _______ content for mental content.
5. The dream is an amalgamation of many kinds of __________, according to Freud.
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)