|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dream is an amalgamation of many kinds of __________, according to Freud.
2. How many characteristics are specific to the nature of the dream?
3. To follow up #146, the answer cannot be denied, even though the dreamer might, upon waking, deny the subject of the __________.
4. __________ is likely linked to the nature of sleep.
5. Dream interpretation must be _________ based.
6. There is another kind of displacement mentioned - the exchange of _______ content for mental content.
7. Who said dreams appear without actual or appropriate emotional value?
8. Internal stimuli often stems from ___________.
(c) heart troubles
9. Freud notes that the nature of dreams as _____ items in which the intensity of the elements is displaced.
10. The discussion of calculating dreams is to prove that dreams do not ____________, but merely include numbers and the art of calculating.
(a) teach math
(b) predict financial success
(d) make sense
11. Dream interpretation must not be based on ________ or exaggerated assumptions.
12. What comment does Freud cite as an example of #153?
(a) This isn't real
(b) I must be dreaming
(c) After all, it is only a dream
(d) What a dream that was
13. Freud uses the dream to discuss the _____ of the problematic nature of dream interpretation.
14. A dreamer who recognizes he is dreaming has slipped past the _____ that transpose the dream thoughts.
15. These symbols must be translated ______________.
(b) one at a time.
(c) within the context of the dreamer's life.
(d) in groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. The final component of dream formation is the __________ expressed by the dreamer during the dream.
2. A __________ interpretation is required once the initial interpretation of a dream is done.
3. The answer to #152 is not directed at the ________ itself but is applied appropriately to the dream content as a response by the dreamer.
4. Everything in dreams that seems to be _________ is not but is instead what Freud considers dream thoughts that find their way completely as latent dream content.
5. Dreams can be pointing to a ___________ or to history.
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)