|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The displacement is carried out as having relevance to the ____________ associations.
2. What comment does Freud cite as an example of #153?
(a) I must be dreaming
(b) This isn't real
(c) What a dream that was
(d) After all, it is only a dream
3. Dream interpretation must be _________ based.
4. Everything in dreams that seems to be _________ is not but is instead what Freud considers dream thoughts that find their way completely as latent dream content.
5. The answer to #152 is not directed at the ________ itself but is applied appropriately to the dream content as a response by the dreamer.
6. Internal stimuli often stems from ___________.
(d) heart troubles
7. There is also mention of a dream in which a trip during a storm to a ____________ that is soaked through.
8. How many characteristics are specific to the nature of the dream?
9. What occurs frequently for the dreamer in relation to the characteristics specific to the dream?
(a) Poor interpretation
10. Evidence of ______________ does exist in sensory images and in the physical changes during dreaming.
(a) internal sensory impact
(b) psychic leanings
(c) mental health healing
11. What is very common as Freud states occurs in absurd dreams?
(a) Running away
(b) Being naked
(c) Intellectual performance
12. The dreamer's ________ typical stimuli is never consistent.
(a) movement toward
(b) response to
(c) interpretation of
(d) understanding of
13. The changes of __________ facilitates more than one thought.
14. Expressions in ___________________ are not so difficult.
(a) family matters
(b) the therapist's office
(c) peaceful settings
(d) condensed imagery
15. Freud does admit that some dreams contain symbols the are responding to ____________ stimuli.
Short Answer Questions
1. The final component of dream formation is the __________ expressed by the dreamer during the dream.
2. It is never definite whether the dream is to be regarded as ____________ or ___________.
3. To follow up #146, the answer cannot be denied, even though the dreamer might, upon waking, deny the subject of the __________.
4. Freud provides an example of a dreamer who is the victim of a _____________ painting a house.
5. One thought is represented and extended through the dream by way of associated imagery, much in the same way ________ does, according to Freud.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)