|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The concern is the ____________ of the dream as it translates abstract dream thoughts into colors and images.
2. The changes of __________ facilitates more than one thought.
3. Evidence of ______________ does exist in sensory images and in the physical changes during dreaming.
(b) psychic leanings
(c) mental health healing
(d) internal sensory impact
4. The discussion of calculating dreams is to prove that dreams do not ____________, but merely include numbers and the art of calculating.
(a) teach math
(b) make sense
(d) predict financial success
5. Freud thinks there is a difficulty in using dream examples when they are related out of ___________.
(b) the office
(d) patient journals
6. In interpreting dreams, the elements that are uncovered must be seen as a _________ whole.
7. Which of these is NOT considered to be a source of dreams, according to laymen?
(a) The weather
(b) Occurrences during sleep
(c) Sleep positions
(d) Stomach ills
8. The dream is an amalgamation of many kinds of __________, according to Freud.
9. Everything in dreams that seems to be _________ is not but is instead what Freud considers dream thoughts that find their way completely as latent dream content.
10. The answer to #152 is not directed at the ________ itself but is applied appropriately to the dream content as a response by the dreamer.
11. Freud compares dream work to dream ___________.
12. How many characteristics are specific to the nature of the dream?
13. Manifest dream content presents itself as symbols, which Freud calls _______________,
14. One thought is represented and extended through the dream by way of associated imagery, much in the same way ________ does, according to Freud.
(b) a theories
(d) a book
15. What causes the dying person in the answer to #158 to actually die?
(a) He doesn't die.
(b) Natural causes
(c) He is set on fire.
(d) He is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. The true nature of ______ is not recognized in the dream, but is usually mistaken for something else.
2. The _________ of dreams cannot be denied.
3. Freud begins this chapter with a discussion of ___________.
4. Dream interpretation must not be based on ________ or exaggerated assumptions.
5. The means by which dreams are represented do NOT include:
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)