|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose findings does Freud cite at the beginning of this chapter?
2. Dreams can be pointing to a ___________ or to history.
(d) recent moment
3. There is another kind of displacement mentioned - the exchange of _______ content for mental content.
4. What can threaten to undermine the very foundation of our efforts at dream interpretation?
(d) Other theorists
5. Freud begins this chapter with a discussion of ___________.
(b) changing dream theories
(c) retroactive dreaming
6. Everything in dreams that seems to be _________ is not but is instead what Freud considers dream thoughts that find their way completely as latent dream content.
7. Freud provides an example of a dreamer who is the victim of a _____________ painting a house.
8. What kind of nature of a dream could be described as representations in allegory form?
9. The changes of __________ facilitates more than one thought.
10. The dreamer's ________ typical stimuli is never consistent.
(a) interpretation of
(b) response to
(c) understanding of
(d) movement toward
11. What is very common as Freud states occurs in absurd dreams?
(a) Running away
(c) Being naked
(d) Intellectual performance
12. Expressions in ___________________ are not so difficult.
(a) condensed imagery
(b) family matters
(c) the therapist's office
(d) peaceful settings
13. _______ and body stimuli are the physical sources of dreams, according to Freud.
14. Freud begins with the retelling of a dream that one of his patients had after hearing the story of the same dream at a ___________.
15. The dream in #157 involved the _________ of a dying _______.
(a) father, daughter
(b) father, son
(c) mother, daughter
(d) mother, son
Short Answer Questions
1. One thought is represented and extended through the dream by way of associated imagery, much in the same way ________ does, according to Freud.
2. What can be correct or appropriate to the dream content, according to Freud?
3. The concern is the ____________ of the dream as it translates abstract dream thoughts into colors and images.
4. A __________ interpretation of dreams is an attempt to interpret one's dream by looking at one piece at a time.
5. Freud notes that the nature of dreams as _____ items in which the intensity of the elements is displaced.
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)