|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Freud cite as an example of #153?
(a) What a dream that was
(b) This isn't real
(c) After all, it is only a dream
(d) I must be dreaming
2. Freud thinks there is a difficulty in using dream examples when they are related out of ___________.
(b) the office
(d) patient journals
3. Freud begins with the retelling of a dream that one of his patients had after hearing the story of the same dream at a ___________.
4. Freud begins this chapter with a discussion of ___________.
(a) retroactive dreaming
(c) changing dream theories
5. Dreams can be pointing to a ___________ or to history.
(c) recent moment
6. The dreamer either feels no ___________ to dream content or feels the _________ emotions as a response to the content.
(a) significance, memorable
(b) attachement, right
(c) attachment, wrong
(d) significance, basic
7. A dreamer who recognizes he is dreaming has slipped past the _____ that transpose the dream thoughts.
8. What kind of nature of a dream could be described as representations in allegory form?
9. It is never definite whether the dream is to be regarded as ____________ or ___________.
(a) helpful, harmful
(b) painful, happy
(c) positive, negative
(d) useful, not helpful
10. Each image must be replaced with a ______ that will adequately represent the individual element.
11. Which dreams appear alarming but are actually wish fulfillment dreams?
(a) Tornado dreams
(b) Anxiety dreams
(c) Death dreams
(d) Fire dreams
12. Dream interpretation must be _________ based.
13. _______ and body stimuli are the physical sources of dreams, according to Freud.
14. What occurs frequently for the dreamer in relation to the characteristics specific to the dream?
(d) Poor interpretation
15. Who is the author of the theory of the nerve-stimulus dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. The final component of dream formation is the __________ expressed by the dreamer during the dream.
2. There is also mention of a dream in which a trip during a storm to a ____________ that is soaked through.
3. __________ is likely linked to the nature of sleep.
4. This displacement is also carried out as a _____________ of condensing.
5. Freud explores the ____________ process if a dream is a condensed version of thoughts by virtue of its leaving out most of those thoughts.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)