|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dreams can be pointing to a ___________ or to history.
(b) recent moment
2. The final component of dream formation is the __________ expressed by the dreamer during the dream.
3. Freud provides an example of a dreamer who is the victim of a _____________ painting a house.
4. The bulk of dream interpretation is done on the __________ content.
5. The true nature of ______ is not recognized in the dream, but is usually mistaken for something else.
6. Freud also discusses the ____________ of dream content.
7. Another dreamer dreams of a child with a deformed ___________.
8. Who said dreams appear without actual or appropriate emotional value?
9. What proves the answer to #150?
(a) Psychology study
(b) Mental health statistics
(c) Dream interpretation
10. When the dream has been _______, that's when the dream can be changed.
(c) found out
11. Freud uses the dream to discuss the _____ of the problematic nature of dream interpretation.
12. Freud explores the ____________ process if a dream is a condensed version of thoughts by virtue of its leaving out most of those thoughts.
13. Manifest dream content presents itself as symbols, which Freud calls _______________,
14. Expressions in ___________________ are not so difficult.
(a) condensed imagery
(b) the therapist's office
(c) peaceful settings
(d) family matters
15. Who is the author of the theory of the nerve-stimulus dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. The dream can not create or craft ___________.
2. Each image must be replaced with a ______ that will adequately represent the individual element.
3. What can threaten to undermine the very foundation of our efforts at dream interpretation?
4. The _________ of dreams cannot be denied.
5. __________ is likely linked to the nature of sleep.
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)