|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud notes that the nature of dreams as _____ items in which the intensity of the elements is displaced.
2. The true nature of ______ is not recognized in the dream, but is usually mistaken for something else.
3. Dreams can be pointing to a ___________ or to history.
(c) recent moment
4. The final component of dream formation is the __________ expressed by the dreamer during the dream.
5. What causes the answer to #159?
(b) A fallen candle
6. Who said dreams appear without actual or appropriate emotional value?
7. What can threaten to undermine the very foundation of our efforts at dream interpretation?
(c) Other theorists
8. The discussion of calculating dreams is to prove that dreams do not ____________, but merely include numbers and the art of calculating.
(a) teach math
(c) make sense
(d) predict financial success
9. Freud thinks there is a difficulty in using dream examples when they are related out of ___________.
(c) the office
(d) patient journals
10. Freud provides an example of a dreamer who is the victim of a _____________ painting a house.
11. There is also mention of a dream in which a trip during a storm to a ____________ that is soaked through.
12. The dreamer either feels no ___________ to dream content or feels the _________ emotions as a response to the content.
(a) significance, memorable
(b) attachement, right
(c) significance, basic
(d) attachment, wrong
13. What proves the answer to #150?
(a) Dream interpretation
(c) Psychology study
(d) Mental health statistics
14. What comment does Freud cite as an example of #153?
(a) I must be dreaming
(b) After all, it is only a dream
(c) This isn't real
(d) What a dream that was
15. The response to stimuli is __________ because the dreaming brain has only brain activity with which to respond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the theory of the nerve-stimulus dream?
2. The dreamer of the dream in #134 also noted that the answer was throwing __________ at her.
3. One thought is represented and extended through the dream by way of associated imagery, much in the same way ________ does, according to Freud.
4. _______ and body stimuli are the physical sources of dreams, according to Freud.
5. Freud uses the dream to discuss the _____ of the problematic nature of dream interpretation.
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)