|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A __________ interpretation is required once the initial interpretation of a dream is done.
2. Dream interpretation must not be based on ________ or exaggerated assumptions.
3. Each image must be replaced with a ______ that will adequately represent the individual element.
4. Who is the author of the theory of the nerve-stimulus dream?
5. The concern is the ____________ of the dream as it translates abstract dream thoughts into colors and images.
6. Manifest dream content presents itself as symbols, which Freud calls _______________,
7. The dream is an amalgamation of many kinds of __________, according to Freud.
8. Freud notes that the nature of dreams as _____ items in which the intensity of the elements is displaced.
9. What kind of nature of a dream could be described as representations in allegory form?
10. There is another kind of displacement mentioned - the exchange of _______ content for mental content.
11. What is very common as Freud states occurs in absurd dreams?
(a) Running away
(b) Being naked
(d) Intellectual performance
12. The dream can not create or craft ___________.
(a) the future
13. Expressions in ___________________ are not so difficult.
(a) the therapist's office
(b) family matters
(c) condensed imagery
(d) peaceful settings
14. Freud says that writers neglect to include or make less important the somatic dream stimuli if they involve any ________ activity.
15. To follow up #146, the answer cannot be denied, even though the dreamer might, upon waking, deny the subject of the __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Everything in dreams that seems to be _________ is not but is instead what Freud considers dream thoughts that find their way completely as latent dream content.
2. The displacement is carried out as having relevance to the ____________ associations.
3. __________ is likely linked to the nature of sleep.
4. How many characteristics are specific to the nature of the dream?
5. Who said dreams appear without actual or appropriate emotional value?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)