|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud begins this chapter with a discussion of ___________.
(c) retroactive dreaming
(d) changing dream theories
2. A __________ interpretation is required once the initial interpretation of a dream is done.
3. When the dream has been _______, that's when the dream can be changed.
(d) found out
4. There is another kind of displacement mentioned - the exchange of _______ content for mental content.
5. What can be correct or appropriate to the dream content, according to Freud?
6. Dream interpretation must not be based on ________ or exaggerated assumptions.
7. Freud notes that the nature of dreams as _____ items in which the intensity of the elements is displaced.
8. In interpreting dreams, the elements that are uncovered must be seen as a _________ whole.
9. Freud says that writers neglect to include or make less important the somatic dream stimuli if they involve any ________ activity.
10. Each image must be replaced with a ______ that will adequately represent the individual element.
11. The dreamer either feels no ___________ to dream content or feels the _________ emotions as a response to the content.
(a) significance, basic
(b) significance, memorable
(c) attachment, wrong
(d) attachement, right
12. The discussion of calculating dreams is to prove that dreams do not ____________, but merely include numbers and the art of calculating.
(a) teach math
(c) predict financial success
(d) make sense
13. How many characteristics are specific to the nature of the dream?
14. Which dreams appear alarming but are actually wish fulfillment dreams?
(a) Fire dreams
(b) Tornado dreams
(c) Death dreams
(d) Anxiety dreams
15. To follow up #146, the answer cannot be denied, even though the dreamer might, upon waking, deny the subject of the __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proves the answer to #150?
2. Who is the author of the theory of the nerve-stimulus dream?
3. Evidence of ______________ does exist in sensory images and in the physical changes during dreaming.
4. A dreamer who recognizes he is dreaming has slipped past the _____ that transpose the dream thoughts.
5. Dream interpretation must be allowed to prove ______ consistently over time.
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)