|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dream interpretation must be allowed to prove ______ consistently over time.
(a) fortune telling
2. Who said dreams appear without actual or appropriate emotional value?
3. The dream can not create or craft ___________.
(a) the future
4. The bulk of dream interpretation is done on the __________ content.
5. What is very common as Freud states occurs in absurd dreams?
(b) Running away
(c) Being naked
(d) Intellectual performance
6. A __________ interpretation of dreams is an attempt to interpret one's dream by looking at one piece at a time.
7. Dreams can be pointing to a ___________ or to history.
(b) recent moment
8. Internal stimuli often stems from ___________.
(a) heart troubles
9. It is never definite whether the dream is to be regarded as ____________ or ___________.
(a) painful, happy
(b) useful, not helpful
(c) helpful, harmful
(d) positive, negative
10. The answer to #152 is not directed at the ________ itself but is applied appropriately to the dream content as a response by the dreamer.
11. Each image must be replaced with a ______ that will adequately represent the individual element.
12. Freud notes that the nature of dreams as _____ items in which the intensity of the elements is displaced.
13. In interpreting dreams, the elements that are uncovered must be seen as a _________ whole.
14. Freud thinks there is a difficulty in using dream examples when they are related out of ___________.
(a) patient journals
(b) the office
15. The dreamer's ________ typical stimuli is never consistent.
(a) understanding of
(b) interpretation of
(c) movement toward
(d) response to
Short Answer Questions
1. Manifest dream content presents itself as symbols, which Freud calls _______________,
2. Evidence of ______________ does exist in sensory images and in the physical changes during dreaming.
3. What can be correct or appropriate to the dream content, according to Freud?
4. Another dreamer dreams of a child with a deformed ___________.
5. The _________ is the element in dreams that frees dreamers to speak untruths.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)