|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can threaten to undermine the very foundation of our efforts at dream interpretation?
(d) Other theorists
2. What proves the answer to #150?
(a) Psychology study
(c) Mental health statistics
(d) Dream interpretation
3. Which of these is NOT a form of stimuli?
(b) Internal physical
4. The dreamer's ________ typical stimuli is never consistent.
(a) response to
(b) interpretation of
(c) understanding of
(d) movement toward
5. Manifest dream content presents itself as symbols, which Freud calls _______________,
6. The _________ is the element in dreams that frees dreamers to speak untruths.
7. Which of these is NOT considered to be a source of dreams, according to laymen?
(a) Sleep positions
(b) Stomach ills
(c) Occurrences during sleep
(d) The weather
8. _______ and body stimuli are the physical sources of dreams, according to Freud.
9. How many characteristics are specific to the nature of the dream?
10. This displacement is also carried out as a _____________ of condensing.
11. Freud uses the dream to discuss the _____ of the problematic nature of dream interpretation.
12. The concern is the ____________ of the dream as it translates abstract dream thoughts into colors and images.
13. Evidence of ______________ does exist in sensory images and in the physical changes during dreaming.
(a) psychic leanings
(c) internal sensory impact
(d) mental health healing
14. Internal stimuli often stems from ___________.
(b) heart troubles
15. The true nature of ______ is not recognized in the dream, but is usually mistaken for something else.
Short Answer Questions
1. The answer to #152 is not directed at the ________ itself but is applied appropriately to the dream content as a response by the dreamer.
2. The dreamer of the dream in #134 also noted that the answer was throwing __________ at her.
3. To follow up #146, the answer cannot be denied, even though the dreamer might, upon waking, deny the subject of the __________.
4. What occurs frequently for the dreamer in relation to the characteristics specific to the dream?
5. Dream interpretation must be _________ based.
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)