|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT considered to be a source of dreams, according to laymen?
(a) Occurrences during sleep
(b) Stomach ills
(c) Sleep positions
(d) The weather
2. Freud uses the dream to discuss the _____ of the problematic nature of dream interpretation.
3. What causes the answer to #159?
(d) A fallen candle
4. Freud notes that the nature of dreams as _____ items in which the intensity of the elements is displaced.
5. Each symbol in the dream relates or refers to the dreamer's life and _______ state.
6. Freud thinks there is a difficulty in using dream examples when they are related out of ___________.
(a) the office
(d) patient journals
7. What comment does Freud cite as an example of #153?
(a) After all, it is only a dream
(b) This isn't real
(c) What a dream that was
(d) I must be dreaming
8. Whose findings does Freud cite at the beginning of this chapter?
9. Each image must be replaced with a ______ that will adequately represent the individual element.
10. These symbols must be translated ______________.
(a) in groups.
(b) within the context of the dreamer's life.
(c) one at a time.
11. The dream is an amalgamation of many kinds of __________, according to Freud.
12. The true nature of ______ is not recognized in the dream, but is usually mistaken for something else.
13. How many characteristics are specific to the nature of the dream?
14. The concern is the ____________ of the dream as it translates abstract dream thoughts into colors and images.
15. In interpreting dreams, the elements that are uncovered must be seen as a _________ whole.
Short Answer Questions
1. The answer to #152 is not directed at the ________ itself but is applied appropriately to the dream content as a response by the dreamer.
2. The displacement is carried out as ____________ of one idea for another.
3. The dreamer's ________ typical stimuli is never consistent.
4. The final component of dream formation is the __________ expressed by the dreamer during the dream.
5. The dreamer either feels no ___________ to dream content or feels the _________ emotions as a response to the content.
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)