|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can be correct or appropriate to the dream content, according to Freud?
2. Which dreams appear alarming but are actually wish fulfillment dreams?
(a) Fire dreams
(b) Anxiety dreams
(c) Tornado dreams
(d) Death dreams
3. The displacement is carried out as ____________ of one idea for another.
(b) the discovery
4. What proves the answer to #150?
(a) Mental health statistics
(b) Dream interpretation
(d) Psychology study
5. Who is the author of the theory of the nerve-stimulus dream?
6. Which of these is NOT considered to be a source of dreams, according to laymen?
(a) Sleep positions
(b) The weather
(c) Occurrences during sleep
(d) Stomach ills
7. The dream can not create or craft ___________.
(c) the future
8. To follow up #146, the answer cannot be denied, even though the dreamer might, upon waking, deny the subject of the __________.
9. Freud explores the ____________ process if a dream is a condensed version of thoughts by virtue of its leaving out most of those thoughts.
10. Whose findings does Freud cite at the beginning of this chapter?
11. A dreamer who recognizes he is dreaming has slipped past the _____ that transpose the dream thoughts.
12. What causes the answer to #159?
(c) A fallen candle
13. The dreamer either feels no ___________ to dream content or feels the _________ emotions as a response to the content.
(a) significance, basic
(b) attachment, wrong
(c) significance, memorable
(d) attachement, right
14. The bulk of dream interpretation is done on the __________ content.
15. Freud says that writers neglect to include or make less important the somatic dream stimuli if they involve any ________ activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. The concern is the ____________ of the dream as it translates abstract dream thoughts into colors and images.
2. Dream interpretation must be _________ based.
3. There is another kind of displacement mentioned - the exchange of _______ content for mental content.
4. Freud uses the dream to discuss the _____ of the problematic nature of dream interpretation.
5. Freud also discusses the ____________ of dream content.
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)