|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ is likely linked to the nature of sleep.
2. Freud compares dream work to dream ___________.
3. The dream can not create or craft ___________.
(d) the future
4. The dreamer of the dream in #134 also noted that the answer was throwing __________ at her.
5. The response to stimuli is __________ because the dreaming brain has only brain activity with which to respond.
6. Dream interpretation must be allowed to prove ______ consistently over time.
(d) fortune telling
7. What kind of nature of a dream could be described as representations in allegory form?
8. In interpreting dreams, the elements that are uncovered must be seen as a _________ whole.
9. These symbols must be translated ______________.
(a) one at a time.
(c) within the context of the dreamer's life.
(d) in groups.
10. It is never definite whether the dream is to be regarded as ____________ or ___________.
(a) positive, negative
(b) helpful, harmful
(c) useful, not helpful
(d) painful, happy
11. Freud uses the dream to discuss the _____ of the problematic nature of dream interpretation.
12. A __________ interpretation is required once the initial interpretation of a dream is done.
13. _______ and body stimuli are the physical sources of dreams, according to Freud.
14. The dreamer's ________ typical stimuli is never consistent.
(a) understanding of
(b) interpretation of
(c) response to
(d) movement toward
15. A dreamer who recognizes he is dreaming has slipped past the _____ that transpose the dream thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. The changes of __________ facilitates more than one thought.
2. Who said dreams appear without actual or appropriate emotional value?
3. Freud does admit that some dreams contain symbols the are responding to ____________ stimuli.
4. Freud thinks there is a difficulty in using dream examples when they are related out of ___________.
5. The bulk of dream interpretation is done on the __________ content.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)