|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is also mention of a dream in which a trip during a storm to a ____________ that is soaked through.
2. In interpreting dreams, the elements that are uncovered must be seen as a _________ whole.
3. The answer to #152 is not directed at the ________ itself but is applied appropriately to the dream content as a response by the dreamer.
4. The changes of __________ facilitates more than one thought.
5. The discussion of calculating dreams is to prove that dreams do not ____________, but merely include numbers and the art of calculating.
(b) teach math
(c) make sense
(d) predict financial success
6. The means by which dreams are represented do NOT include:
(d) Inverting in nature
7. The _________ is the element in dreams that frees dreamers to speak untruths.
8. What causes the dying person in the answer to #158 to actually die?
(a) Natural causes
(b) He is set on fire.
(c) He doesn't die.
(d) He is ill.
9. A dreamer who recognizes he is dreaming has slipped past the _____ that transpose the dream thoughts.
10. Freud thinks there is a difficulty in using dream examples when they are related out of ___________.
(a) the office
(b) patient journals
11. What can threaten to undermine the very foundation of our efforts at dream interpretation?
(d) Other theorists
12. __________ is likely linked to the nature of sleep.
13. Freud says that writers neglect to include or make less important the somatic dream stimuli if they involve any ________ activity.
14. Dream interpretation must be allowed to prove ______ consistently over time.
(a) fortune telling
15. Which of these is NOT a form of stimuli?
(d) Internal physical
Short Answer Questions
1. The dreamer either feels no ___________ to dream content or feels the _________ emotions as a response to the content.
2. The dream can not create or craft ___________.
3. The true nature of ______ is not recognized in the dream, but is usually mistaken for something else.
4. The dream is an amalgamation of many kinds of __________, according to Freud.
5. Each symbol in the dream relates or refers to the dreamer's life and _______ state.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)