|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said dreams appear without actual or appropriate emotional value?
2. The dream in #157 involved the _________ of a dying _______.
(a) father, son
(b) mother, son
(c) father, daughter
(d) mother, daughter
3. There is also mention of a dream in which a trip during a storm to a ____________ that is soaked through.
4. The displacement is carried out as having relevance to the ____________ associations.
5. Dream interpretation must be allowed to prove ______ consistently over time.
(b) fortune telling
6. What kind of nature of a dream could be described as representations in allegory form?
7. A __________ interpretation of dreams is an attempt to interpret one's dream by looking at one piece at a time.
8. What comment does Freud cite as an example of #153?
(a) This isn't real
(b) I must be dreaming
(c) What a dream that was
(d) After all, it is only a dream
9. The answer to #152 is not directed at the ________ itself but is applied appropriately to the dream content as a response by the dreamer.
10. Who is the author of the theory of the nerve-stimulus dream?
11. Freud says that writers neglect to include or make less important the somatic dream stimuli if they involve any ________ activity.
12. This displacement is also carried out as a _____________ of condensing.
13. What is very common as Freud states occurs in absurd dreams?
(a) Running away
(b) Being naked
(d) Intellectual performance
14. To follow up #146, the answer cannot be denied, even though the dreamer might, upon waking, deny the subject of the __________.
15. Internal stimuli often stems from ___________.
(c) heart troubles
Short Answer Questions
1. The dreamer's ________ typical stimuli is never consistent.
2. Each image must be replaced with a ______ that will adequately represent the individual element.
3. How many characteristics are specific to the nature of the dream?
4. Freud begins this chapter with a discussion of ___________.
5. The _________ is the element in dreams that frees dreamers to speak untruths.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)