|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the studies on anxiety dreams in children?
(d) von Hartman
2. Dreams and wishes yet to be _________ can turn up as wish fulfillment dreams that begin in childhood and continue into adulthood.
3. Freud uses __________ dreams to prove his method is better.
(a) his parents'
(d) his own
4. Freud agrees he must not be so foolish as to generalize that there is only _______ kind of dream.
(a) a recurring
(c) a difficult
(d) a simple
5. Dreams think mostly in _________.
6. Other theories note that dreams are merely __________ functions with symbols.
7. What should one be careful to consider after the idea in #55?
(a) The setting of the experience
(b) The context
(c) The next steps to take
(d) The validity of the thought
8. Dream peculiarity is due to limited ____________ during sleep.
(d) brain activity
9. What is another form of the childhood memory?
(a) The anxiety dream
(b) The nonsense dream
(c) The wish fulfillment dream
(d) The recurring dream
10. Freud works to isolate the problem of how ___________ psychology plays a part in dream psychology.
11. How many types of tendencies or systems exist in every human in relation to dream content?
12. From where does the dream's ________ material come?
13. According to Freud, dream content has actual ___________.
14. Dreams we forget are due to what?
(a) Simple forgetfulness
(b) Too little sleep
(c) Taking the dream for granted
(d) They are not important
15. Freud likens dreaming to other kinds like mental activity like:
(c) List making
(d) Creative processes
Short Answer Questions
1. The dream is a tool of _______________.
2. Dreams are psychic activities that are links to our ___________.
3. The exact truth of the memory of the dreamer is questionable because we almost always take ________ with the truth.
4. Freud must "_________" that dream content has actual meaning.
5. Dreams which contain material of which we are not aware in our waking state are called what?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)