|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the French doctor who has a hyperamnesiac dream?
(a) Alfred Maury
(b) Frank Jessen
(c) Jean Pierre Garconne
(d) Andre Julian
2. Freud believes other dream analysts should ask whether or not there are other types of ___________ besides wish fulfillment.
3. Patients not only shared their dreams with Freud, but also their ______________.
(a) family's thoughts about the dreams
(b) journal pages about the dreams
(c) thoughts and feelings about the dreams
(d) memories of childhood
4. Freud agrees he must not be so foolish as to generalize that there is only _______ kind of dream.
(b) a recurring
(c) a difficult
(d) a simple
5. The value of the dream is not like a _______________ being banged upon.
(b) musical instrument
6. After a great ______, one should be careful.
7. Times older than one day are remembered the day before the dream and thus are still only __________.
(a) a day old
(b) a memory
(c) a new idea
(d) a passing thought
8. One's mortality will ____________ in one's dreams.
(d) be questioned
9. What sparked interest in how general the theory of wish fulfillment in dreams is?
(a) A sleepless night
(b) A walk in the park
(c) The Irma dream
(d) A book Freud read
10. Freud does not say there is only one kind of dream as this theory would be easily _________.
(b) agreed with
11. The dream presents the idea in the dream by creating a ___________.
12. Freud uses __________ dreams to prove his method is better.
(a) his parents'
(c) his own
13. Freud's method allows for interpretation of individual dreams as they apply to __________ dreamers.
14. The waking brain thinks in ___________ images.
15. From where does the dream's ________ material come?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Schleiermacher's theory, when we are away, we experience brain activity through ______.
2. Freud also includes examples of the dreams of his own, his friends and of ____________.
3. The exact truth of the memory of the dreamer is questionable because we almost always take ________ with the truth.
4. Freud does not believe one set of _________ applies to everyone.
5. Other theories note that dreams are merely __________ functions with symbols.
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)