|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dreams we forget are due to what?
(a) Too little sleep
(b) Simple forgetfulness
(c) Taking the dream for granted
(d) They are not important
2. Freud does not believe one set of _________ applies to everyone.
3. Freud agrees he must not be so foolish as to generalize that there is only _______ kind of dream.
(b) a difficult
(c) a recurring
(d) a simple
4. Freud says we bring our __________ experience to the _________ experience of dreaming.
(a) real, unreal
(b) unconscious, pre-conscious
(c) conscious, subconscious
(d) subconscious, conscious
5. The dream is a significant ___________ tool.
(b) mental health
6. Freud believes other dream analysts should ask whether or not there are other types of ___________ besides wish fulfillment.
7. Freud justifies that his method is a ______ method of dream interpretation.
8. Dream theories hold that dreams are not ____________ activities.
9. What should one be careful to consider after the idea in #55?
(a) The context
(b) The validity of the thought
(c) The next steps to take
(d) The setting of the experience
10. Freud uses __________ dreams to prove his method is better.
(a) his own
(b) his parents'
11. The value of the dream is not like a _______________ being banged upon.
(d) musical instrument
12. Dreams and reality are two opposing __________.
13. One's mortality will ____________ in one's dreams.
(c) be questioned
14. What are also included in dream memory?
(a) Remote memories
(b) Untrue memories
15. What is the "_________________" manner of expressing wishes?
(b) verbal and emotional
(c) striking and unfamiliar
Short Answer Questions
1. The wish fulfillment dream is a dream of ____________.
2. After a great ______, one should be careful.
3. Patients not only shared their dreams with Freud, but also their ______________.
4. The answer to #92, these may or may not be ___________ during waking hours.
5. Freud offers to prove the theory that dreams are not driven by ________.
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)