|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud gives a ___________ background of the dream as it was regarded.
2. Other theories note that dreams are merely __________ functions with symbols.
3. Who wrote the studies on anxiety dreams in children?
(c) von Hartman
4. Who should take heed of sayings that reveal the simple truth of dreams as wish fulfillment?
5. To begin, Freud must question the way the dream is ____________.
6. The main focus of Freud's book is the ___________ of dreams.
7. Freud's method of dream collection provided him with the material needed to interpret dreams as _________ of waking reality
8. How many types of tendencies or systems exist in every human in relation to dream content?
9. Dream theories hold that dreams are not ____________ activities.
10. Whose poetry does Freud cite as evidence of his own dream manifestations?
11. One of the variables of wish dreams is the way the dream is so uniquely ____________.
12. ________ and dreaming run in parallel.
13. Interpreting dreams as __________ theory is not a new idea, Freud admits.
(a) wish fulfillment
14. What is the "_________________" manner of expressing wishes?
(a) verbal and emotional
(c) striking and unfamiliar
15. There is a lack of _______ that occurs when we are dreaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dream presents the idea in the dream by creating a ___________.
2. Dreams think mostly in _________.
3. The ideas the dreamer has during the day carry over into the sleeping hours as __________________.
4. Freud notes his approach is more difficult than the _________ method.
5. By taking the time to consider the answer to #56, this allows for ___________ the first interpretation.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)