|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud uses __________ dreams to prove his method is better.
(a) his own
(b) his parents'
2. The waking brain thinks in ___________ images.
3. By taking the time to consider the answer to #56, this allows for ___________ the first interpretation.
(c) listening to
4. What takes the place of waking actions?
(a) Wish fulfillment dream
(b) Dream interpreration
(c) Anxiety dreams
(d) Dream amnesia
5. Dreams of ________ are used as primary examples of the need for individual dream interpretation.
(b) the eldery
6. Freud believes other dream analysts should ask whether or not there are other types of ___________ besides wish fulfillment.
7. Included in the importance of forgetting dream matter is how __________________ a dream is.
(a) light or heavy
(b) dark or light
(c) simple or difficult
(d) ordered or disordered
8. What is the "_________________" manner of expressing wishes?
(c) verbal and emotional
(d) striking and unfamiliar
9. Freud states we have a ____________ to forget dreams.
10. What sparked interest in how general the theory of wish fulfillment in dreams is?
(a) A book Freud read
(b) The Irma dream
(c) A sleepless night
(d) A walk in the park
11. The ____________ of dreams is a manifestation of subjective feelings, desires, and passions.
12. What dream of Freud's did not at first reveal its underlying meaning?
(a) School dream
(b) Dog dream
(c) Irma dream
(d) Flying dream
13. Times older than one day are remembered the day before the dream and thus are still only __________.
(a) a passing thought
(b) a new idea
(c) a day old
(d) a memory
14. The contrasts between dreams and waking states are ___________.
(c) not Freud's concern
15. Freud quotes _________ in this section.
(a) Julian Haerrian
(b) Eduard von Hartman
(c) Carl Jung
(d) Fred Astaire
Short Answer Questions
1. What are also included in dream memory?
2. What leads to a deeper study of dream problems?
3. Whose poetry does Freud cite as evidence of his own dream manifestations?
4. Freud also includes examples of the dreams of his own, his friends and of ____________.
5. Other theories note that dreams are merely __________ functions with symbols.
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)