|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dream is a significant ___________ tool.
(a) mental health
2. Dreams and reality are two opposing __________.
3. Who thinks dreams with moral issues are actually the responsibility of the dreamer?
4. Many people perceive their dreams are _______ or alien.
5. There is a lack of _______ that occurs when we are dreaming.
6. Freud uses __________ dreams to prove his method is better.
(c) his parents'
(d) his own
7. Freud states we have a ____________ to forget dreams.
8. Dream theories hold that dreams are not ____________ activities.
9. Who has a dream in which he knows the Latin names of several plants?
(b) Sigmund Freud
(c) Franz Joseph Delboeuf
10. One's mortality will ____________ in one's dreams.
(d) be questioned
11. Lay theories are illogical and lack the ________ to deny the importance of dreams.
12. Dreams and wishes yet to be _________ can turn up as wish fulfillment dreams that begin in childhood and continue into adulthood.
13. Whose poetry does Freud cite as evidence of his own dream manifestations?
14. Freud hopes he will be able to _______ the dream process.
15. Dream peculiarity is due to limited ____________ during sleep.
(a) brain activity
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud says that the doctrine is not based on an interpretation of the obvious _______ of dream content.
2. The interpretation of dreams begins with the _________ content of the dream.
3. The main focus of Freud's book is the ___________ of dreams.
4. Freud does not say there is only one kind of dream as this theory would be easily _________.
5. The dream presents the idea in the dream by creating a ___________.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)