|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The interpretation of dreams begins with the _________ content of the dream.
2. The exact truth of the memory of the dreamer is questionable because we almost always take ________ with the truth.
3. Freud hopes he will be able to _______ the dream process.
4. Freud notes that the world only has __________ limited methods for dream interpretation, both of which are worthless according to him.
5. Freud justifies that his method is a ______ method of dream interpretation.
6. The main focus of Freud's book is the ___________ of dreams.
7. Dreams think mostly in _________.
8. Who is the French doctor who has a hyperamnesiac dream?
(a) Alfred Maury
(b) Andre Julian
(c) Jean Pierre Garconne
(d) Frank Jessen
9. The ____________ of dreams is a manifestation of subjective feelings, desires, and passions.
10. Dreams of ________ are used as primary examples of the need for individual dream interpretation.
(d) the eldery
11. Freud notes that people are not ___________ enough in dreams to remember them.
12. Many ______ dreams are strictly painful dreams and appear to have nothing to do with wish fulfillment.
13. What tends to appear in dreams?
(a) Childhood memories
(c) People we love
14. One of the variables of wish dreams is the way the dream is so uniquely ____________.
15. The dream is a tool of _______________.
(c) wish fulfillment
Short Answer Questions
1. The contrasts between dreams and waking states are ___________.
2. Freud says we bring our __________ experience to the _________ experience of dreaming.
3. Freud believes other dream analysts should ask whether or not there are other types of ___________ besides wish fulfillment.
4. The value of the dream is not like a _______________ being banged upon.
5. The wish fulfillment dream is a dream of ____________.
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)