|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads to a deeper study of dream problems?
(a) The intrigue of latent content of dreams
(b) Psychology therapy
(d) Exploration of our own dreams
2. While dreams are unreal, the ________ that occur in the dream are real.
3. The ideas the dreamer has during the day carry over into the sleeping hours as __________________.
(a) Ideas and actions
(b) Desires and loathings
(c) Understanding and longing
(d) Desires and longings
4. The interpretation of dreams begins with the _________ content of the dream.
5. The dream presents the idea in the dream by creating a ___________.
6. Dreams are rarely _______, according to Freud.
7. The contrasts between dreams and waking states are ___________.
(a) not Freud's concern
8. Dream theories hold that dreams are not ____________ activities.
9. Many people perceive their dreams are _______ or alien.
10. What dream of Freud's did not at first reveal its underlying meaning?
(a) School dream
(b) Dog dream
(c) Flying dream
(d) Irma dream
11. Freud notes his approach is more difficult than the _________ method.
12. Who wrote the studies on anxiety dreams in children?
(a) von Hartman
13. According to Schleiermacher's theory, when we are away, we experience brain activity through ______.
14. The wish fulfillment dream is a dream of ____________.
15. By taking the time to consider the answer to #56, this allows for ___________ the first interpretation.
(c) listening to
Short Answer Questions
1. Who should take heed of sayings that reveal the simple truth of dreams as wish fulfillment?
2. Freud states we have a ____________ to forget dreams.
3. Dreams are psychic activities that are links to our ___________.
4. The dream is a tool of _______________.
5. Freud does not believe one set of _________ applies to everyone.
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)