|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud discusses __________ versus __________ dream content.
(a) real, unreal
(b) pre-conscious, unconcious
(c) subconscious, unconscious
(d) manifest, latent
2. Freud must "_________" that dream content has actual meaning.
3. The main focus of Freud's book is the ___________ of dreams.
4. Who has a dream in which he knows the Latin names of several plants?
(b) Sigmund Freud
(c) Franz Joseph Delboeuf
5. Whose dream theories does Freud agree with in this section?
(a) No one's
(c) R.A. Scherner
6. Freud does not believe one set of _________ applies to everyone.
7. Many people perceive their dreams are _______ or alien.
8. According to Schleiermacher's theory, when we are away, we experience brain activity through ______.
9. Interpreting dreams as __________ theory is not a new idea, Freud admits.
(a) wish fulfillment
10. Freud notes that the world only has __________ limited methods for dream interpretation, both of which are worthless according to him.
11. Freud notes the dreams are a part of the human ___________.
12. Freud says we bring our __________ experience to the _________ experience of dreaming.
(a) real, unreal
(b) subconscious, conscious
(c) unconscious, pre-conscious
(d) conscious, subconscious
13. Freud agrees he must not be so foolish as to generalize that there is only _______ kind of dream.
(a) a difficult
(b) a recurring
(d) a simple
14. Freud questions whether wish fulfillment is a typical __________ of dreams.
15. Freud works to isolate the problem of how ___________ psychology plays a part in dream psychology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud's method allows for interpretation of individual dreams as they apply to __________ dreamers.
2. The dream presents the idea in the dream by creating a ___________.
3. The exact truth of the memory of the dreamer is questionable because we almost always take ________ with the truth.
4. The dream is a significant ___________ tool.
5. Patients not only shared their dreams with Freud, but also their ______________.
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)