|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dreams and reality are two opposing __________.
2. Freud agrees he must not be so foolish as to generalize that there is only _______ kind of dream.
(b) a simple
(c) a difficult
(d) a recurring
3. What leads to a deeper study of dream problems?
(b) The intrigue of latent content of dreams
(c) Exploration of our own dreams
(d) Psychology therapy
4. Dreams of ________ are used as primary examples of the need for individual dream interpretation.
(b) the eldery
5. Freud does not say there is only one kind of dream as this theory would be easily _________.
(b) agreed with
6. The dream for the __________ is not meaningless or absurd.
7. Freud also talks about the _________ who have calculated the preponderance of painful or distressing dreams.
(c) other analysts
(d) two ladies
8. Freud's method of dream collection provided him with the material needed to interpret dreams as _________ of waking reality
9. The scientific world is left without _______ for dream interpretation because of the idea that dreams are illogical and invaluable.
10. Whose dream theories does Freud agree with in this section?
(c) No one's
(d) R.A. Scherner
11. Freud hopes he will be able to _______ the dream process.
12. The contrasts between dreams and waking states are ___________.
(c) not Freud's concern
13. At the same time, Freud believes dreams are poetic, divinatory and ________.
14. Dreams are rarely _______, according to Freud.
15. Lay theories are illogical and lack the ________ to deny the importance of dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud justifies that his method is a ______ method of dream interpretation.
2. Interpreting dreams as __________ theory is not a new idea, Freud admits.
3. Many ______ dreams are strictly painful dreams and appear to have nothing to do with wish fulfillment.
4. Freud quotes _________ in this section.
5. Freud uses __________ dreams to prove his method is better.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)