|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ____________ of dreams is a manifestation of subjective feelings, desires, and passions.
2. Many ______ dreams are strictly painful dreams and appear to have nothing to do with wish fulfillment.
3. Freud notes his approach is more difficult than the _________ method.
4. Lay theories are illogical and lack the ________ to deny the importance of dreams.
5. Freud uses __________ dreams to prove his method is better.
(b) his own
(c) his parents'
6. The contrasts between dreams and waking states are ___________.
(c) not Freud's concern
7. Freud hopes he will be able to _______ the dream process.
8. Patients not only shared their dreams with Freud, but also their ______________.
(a) family's thoughts about the dreams
(b) journal pages about the dreams
(c) thoughts and feelings about the dreams
(d) memories of childhood
9. What sparked interest in how general the theory of wish fulfillment in dreams is?
(a) A sleepless night
(b) The Irma dream
(c) A walk in the park
(d) A book Freud read
10. Freud quotes _________ in this section.
(a) Fred Astaire
(b) Eduard von Hartman
(c) Julian Haerrian
(d) Carl Jung
11. Freud notes the dreams are a part of the human ___________.
12. According to Freud, dream content has actual ___________.
13. Dreams are rarely _______, according to Freud.
14. To begin, Freud must question the way the dream is ____________.
15. There is a lack of _______ that occurs when we are dreaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Interpreting dreams as __________ theory is not a new idea, Freud admits.
2. The wish fulfillment dream is a dream of ____________.
3. Freud likens dreaming to other kinds like mental activity like:
4. Freud justifies that his method is a ______ method of dream interpretation.
5. What is the "_________________" manner of expressing wishes?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)