|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud uses __________ dreams to prove his method is better.
(a) his own
(c) his parents'
2. Freud likens dreaming to other kinds like mental activity like:
(b) List making
(d) Creative processes
3. Who thinks dreams with moral issues are actually the responsibility of the dreamer?
4. Freud gives a ___________ background of the dream as it was regarded.
5. Freud says we bring our __________ experience to the _________ experience of dreaming.
(a) subconscious, conscious
(b) conscious, subconscious
(c) unconscious, pre-conscious
(d) real, unreal
6. One of the variables of wish dreams is the way the dream is so uniquely ____________.
7. What is another form of the childhood memory?
(a) The anxiety dream
(b) The wish fulfillment dream
(c) The recurring dream
(d) The nonsense dream
8. Freud ends the section with proverbs about what __________ dream of.
9. Dreams of ________ are used as primary examples of the need for individual dream interpretation.
(a) the eldery
10. Dream theories hold that dreams are not ____________ activities.
11. The dream is a significant ___________ tool.
(b) mental health
12. Freud notes the dreams are a part of the human ___________.
13. Dreams are rarely _______, according to Freud.
14. Freud works to isolate the problem of how ___________ psychology plays a part in dream psychology.
15. Freud seeks to prove the ______________ of a dream to the person's waking activities, thoughts, and feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dreams think mostly in _________.
2. ________ and dreaming run in parallel.
3. The dream is best categorized as ____________ and subjective.
4. How many types of tendencies or systems exist in every human in relation to dream content?
5. Who wrote the studies on anxiety dreams in children?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)