|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By taking the time to consider the answer to #56, this allows for ___________ the first interpretation.
(c) listening to
2. The exact truth of the memory of the dreamer is questionable because we almost always take ________ with the truth.
3. To begin, Freud must question the way the dream is ____________.
4. Lay theories are illogical and lack the ________ to deny the importance of dreams.
5. Interpreting dreams as __________ theory is not a new idea, Freud admits.
(a) wish fulfillment
6. According to Schleiermacher's theory, when we are away, we experience brain activity through ______.
7. The ____________ of dreams is a manifestation of subjective feelings, desires, and passions.
8. Who has a dream in which he knows the Latin names of several plants?
(b) Sigmund Freud
(d) Franz Joseph Delboeuf
9. Freud's method allows for interpretation of individual dreams as they apply to __________ dreamers.
10. Freud states we have a ____________ to forget dreams.
11. Freud uses __________ dreams to prove his method is better.
(b) his parents'
(d) his own
12. The wish fulfillment dream is a dream of ____________.
13. After a great ______, one should be careful.
14. The waking brain thinks in ___________ images.
15. Dreams which contain material of which we are not aware in our waking state are called what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dreams think mostly in _________.
2. Freud works to isolate the problem of how ___________ psychology plays a part in dream psychology.
3. The ideas the dreamer has during the day carry over into the sleeping hours as __________________.
4. ________ and dreaming run in parallel.
5. What requires a visit to the nature of memory in dreaming?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)