|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud uses __________ dreams to prove his method is better.
(b) his parents'
(c) his own
2. What kind of content is related to recent experiences?
3. The dream presents the idea in the dream by creating a ___________.
4. Dream peculiarity is due to limited ____________ during sleep.
(c) brain activity
5. Dreams are psychic activities that are links to our ___________.
6. Freud must "_________" that dream content has actual meaning.
7. The contrasts between dreams and waking states are ___________.
(a) not Freud's concern
8. The scientific world is left without _______ for dream interpretation because of the idea that dreams are illogical and invaluable.
9. The exact truth of the memory of the dreamer is questionable because we almost always take ________ with the truth.
10. The ideas the dreamer has during the day carry over into the sleeping hours as __________________.
(a) Desires and longings
(b) Understanding and longing
(c) Desires and loathings
(d) Ideas and actions
11. Freud's method of dream collection provided him with the material needed to interpret dreams as _________ of waking reality
12. Other theories note that dreams are merely __________ functions with symbols.
13. Dreams which contain material of which we are not aware in our waking state are called what?
14. Freud gives a ___________ background of the dream as it was regarded.
15. Who wrote the studies on anxiety dreams in children?
(c) von Hartman
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud believes other dream analysts should ask whether or not there are other types of ___________ besides wish fulfillment.
2. Freud notes that people are not ___________ enough in dreams to remember them.
3. The ____________ of dreams is a manifestation of subjective feelings, desires, and passions.
4. What should one be careful to consider after the idea in #55?
5. Dreams of ________ are used as primary examples of the need for individual dream interpretation.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)