|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud notes the dreams are a part of the human ___________.
2. Freud gives a ___________ background of the dream as it was regarded.
3. Freud's method allows for interpretation of individual dreams as they apply to __________ dreamers.
4. Freud hopes he will be able to _______ the dream process.
5. Included in the importance of forgetting dream matter is how __________________ a dream is.
(a) dark or light
(b) light or heavy
(c) ordered or disordered
(d) simple or difficult
6. Freud also talks about the _________ who have calculated the preponderance of painful or distressing dreams.
(a) two ladies
(c) other analysts
7. What leads to a deeper study of dream problems?
(b) Psychology therapy
(c) The intrigue of latent content of dreams
(d) Exploration of our own dreams
8. By taking the time to consider the answer to #56, this allows for ___________ the first interpretation.
(d) listening to
9. Freud notes that people are not ___________ enough in dreams to remember them.
10. After a great ______, one should be careful.
11. Interpreting dreams as __________ theory is not a new idea, Freud admits.
(b) wish fulfillment
12. What takes the place of waking actions?
(a) Anxiety dreams
(b) Wish fulfillment dream
(c) Dream interpreration
(d) Dream amnesia
13. Who should take heed of sayings that reveal the simple truth of dreams as wish fulfillment?
14. Freud says that the doctrine is not based on an interpretation of the obvious _______ of dream content.
15. One's mortality will ____________ in one's dreams.
(a) be questioned
Short Answer Questions
1. Other theories note that dreams are merely __________ functions with symbols.
2. Times older than one day are remembered the day before the dream and thus are still only __________.
3. Many ______ dreams are strictly painful dreams and appear to have nothing to do with wish fulfillment.
4. The main focus of Freud's book is the ___________ of dreams.
5. Dreams and wishes yet to be _________ can turn up as wish fulfillment dreams that begin in childhood and continue into adulthood.
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)