|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dream of Freud's did not at first reveal its underlying meaning?
(a) Dog dream
(b) School dream
(c) Irma dream
(d) Flying dream
2. Freud notes that the world only has __________ limited methods for dream interpretation, both of which are worthless according to him.
3. Freud agrees he must not be so foolish as to generalize that there is only _______ kind of dream.
(a) a simple
(b) a difficult
(d) a recurring
4. What leads to a deeper study of dream problems?
(b) The intrigue of latent content of dreams
(c) Exploration of our own dreams
(d) Psychology therapy
5. Freud notes the dreams are a part of the human ___________.
6. What takes the place of waking actions?
(a) Dream amnesia
(b) Dream interpreration
(c) Anxiety dreams
(d) Wish fulfillment dream
7. Who wrote the studies on anxiety dreams in children?
(b) von Hartman
8. Freud likens dreaming to other kinds like mental activity like:
(c) List making
(d) Creative processes
9. Dreams we forget are due to what?
(a) Taking the dream for granted
(b) They are not important
(c) Too little sleep
(d) Simple forgetfulness
10. Other theories note that dreams are merely __________ functions with symbols.
11. Freud quotes _________ in this section.
(a) Carl Jung
(b) Eduard von Hartman
(c) Julian Haerrian
(d) Fred Astaire
12. Freud states we have a ____________ to forget dreams.
13. The waking brain thinks in ___________ images.
14. Freud ends the section with proverbs about what __________ dream of.
15. The answer to #92, these may or may not be ___________ during waking hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud notes that people are not ___________ enough in dreams to remember them.
2. Interpreting dreams as __________ theory is not a new idea, Freud admits.
3. The ____________ of dreams is a manifestation of subjective feelings, desires, and passions.
4. Patients not only shared their dreams with Freud, but also their ______________.
5. The exact truth of the memory of the dreamer is questionable because we almost always take ________ with the truth.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)