|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other theories note that dreams are merely __________ functions with symbols.
2. How many types of tendencies or systems exist in every human in relation to dream content?
3. Included in the importance of forgetting dream matter is how __________________ a dream is.
(a) ordered or disordered
(b) dark or light
(c) light or heavy
(d) simple or difficult
4. Dreams make explicit reference to the ___________ day.
(d) end of the
5. What should one be careful to consider after the idea in #55?
(a) The validity of the thought
(b) The context
(c) The next steps to take
(d) The setting of the experience
6. Freud says we bring our __________ experience to the _________ experience of dreaming.
(a) subconscious, conscious
(b) conscious, subconscious
(c) real, unreal
(d) unconscious, pre-conscious
7. The contrasts between dreams and waking states are ___________.
(a) not Freud's concern
8. Who should take heed of sayings that reveal the simple truth of dreams as wish fulfillment?
9. Freud uses __________ dreams to prove his method is better.
(b) his own
(c) his parents'
10. By taking the time to consider the answer to #56, this allows for ___________ the first interpretation.
(d) listening to
11. Lay theories are illogical and lack the ________ to deny the importance of dreams.
12. After a great ______, one should be careful.
13. The dream presents the idea in the dream by creating a ___________.
14. Freud quotes _________ in this section.
(a) Carl Jung
(b) Eduard von Hartman
(c) Julian Haerrian
(d) Fred Astaire
15. Dream peculiarity is due to limited ____________ during sleep.
(c) brain activity
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud believes other dream analysts should ask whether or not there are other types of ___________ besides wish fulfillment.
2. Dreams think mostly in _________.
3. Freud questions whether wish fulfillment is a typical __________ of dreams.
4. The value of the dream is not like a _______________ being banged upon.
5. Freud agrees he must not be so foolish as to generalize that there is only _______ kind of dream.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)