|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dreams we forget are due to what?
(a) Simple forgetfulness
(b) They are not important
(c) Taking the dream for granted
(d) Too little sleep
2. Patients not only shared their dreams with Freud, but also their ______________.
(a) journal pages about the dreams
(b) memories of childhood
(c) family's thoughts about the dreams
(d) thoughts and feelings about the dreams
3. Included in the importance of forgetting dream matter is how __________________ a dream is.
(a) simple or difficult
(b) ordered or disordered
(c) light or heavy
(d) dark or light
4. The exact truth of the memory of the dreamer is questionable because we almost always take ________ with the truth.
5. The dream presents the idea in the dream by creating a ___________.
6. Dreams think mostly in _________.
7. Dreams and wishes yet to be _________ can turn up as wish fulfillment dreams that begin in childhood and continue into adulthood.
8. Many people perceive their dreams are _______ or alien.
9. Freud states we have a ____________ to forget dreams.
10. What is another form of the childhood memory?
(a) The nonsense dream
(b) The anxiety dream
(c) The recurring dream
(d) The wish fulfillment dream
11. Who wrote the studies on anxiety dreams in children?
(a) von Hartman
12. The wish fulfillment dream is a dream of ____________.
13. What does Freud think people believe is not responsible for creating dreams in the first place?
(b) The world
(c) The brain
(d) Our friends
14. Freud notes the dreams are a part of the human ___________.
15. Who has a dream in which he knows the Latin names of several plants?
(a) Franz Joseph Delboeuf
(c) Sigmund Freud
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads to a deeper study of dream problems?
2. The dream is a tool of _______________.
3. Freud questions whether wish fulfillment is a typical __________ of dreams.
4. The value of the dream is not like a _______________ being banged upon.
5. What kind of content is related to recent experiences?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)