|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud notes that people are not ___________ enough in dreams to remember them.
2. Freud also talks about the _________ who have calculated the preponderance of painful or distressing dreams.
(a) other analysts
(c) two ladies
3. Freud uses __________ dreams to prove his method is better.
(a) his parents'
(c) his own
4. The interpretation of dreams begins with the _________ content of the dream.
5. What are also included in dream memory?
(c) Remote memories
(d) Untrue memories
6. Dreams think mostly in _________.
7. Freud hopes he will be able to _______ the dream process.
8. Included in the importance of forgetting dream matter is how __________________ a dream is.
(a) simple or difficult
(b) ordered or disordered
(c) light or heavy
(d) dark or light
9. By taking the time to consider the answer to #56, this allows for ___________ the first interpretation.
(d) listening to
10. Freud notes the dreams are a part of the human ___________.
11. Freud believes other dream analysts should ask whether or not there are other types of ___________ besides wish fulfillment.
12. Freud says that the doctrine is not based on an interpretation of the obvious _______ of dream content.
13. Who should take heed of sayings that reveal the simple truth of dreams as wish fulfillment?
14. Times older than one day are remembered the day before the dream and thus are still only __________.
(a) a new idea
(b) a passing thought
(c) a memory
(d) a day old
15. Freud's method of dream collection provided him with the material needed to interpret dreams as _________ of waking reality
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "_________________" manner of expressing wishes?
2. Patients not only shared their dreams with Freud, but also their ______________.
3. Freud likens dreaming to other kinds like mental activity like:
4. How many types of tendencies or systems exist in every human in relation to dream content?
5. The answer to #92, these may or may not be ___________ during waking hours.
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)