|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud's method of dream collection provided him with the material needed to interpret dreams as _________ of waking reality
2. Freud questions whether wish fulfillment is a typical __________ of dreams.
3. Freud must "_________" that dream content has actual meaning.
4. The dream is a tool of _______________.
(d) wish fulfillment
5. Included in the importance of forgetting dream matter is how __________________ a dream is.
(a) light or heavy
(b) dark or light
(c) simple or difficult
(d) ordered or disordered
6. Dreams of ________ are used as primary examples of the need for individual dream interpretation.
(c) the eldery
7. Lay theories are illogical and lack the ________ to deny the importance of dreams.
8. According to Schleiermacher's theory, when we are away, we experience brain activity through ______.
9. The scientific world is left without _______ for dream interpretation because of the idea that dreams are illogical and invaluable.
10. What tends to appear in dreams?
(b) People we love
(c) Childhood memories
11. Freud breaks down the __________ of memory with respect to dreams.
(a) fine points
(b) inner workings
12. What is the "_________________" manner of expressing wishes?
(a) verbal and emotional
(b) striking and unfamiliar
13. The interpretation of dreams begins with the _________ content of the dream.
14. While dreams are unreal, the ________ that occur in the dream are real.
15. What are also included in dream memory?
(b) Untrue memories
(c) Remote memories
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud agrees he must not be so foolish as to generalize that there is only _______ kind of dream.
2. Dream peculiarity is due to limited ____________ during sleep.
3. Freud hopes he will be able to _______ the dream process.
4. How many types of tendencies or systems exist in every human in relation to dream content?
5. Freud works to isolate the problem of how ___________ psychology plays a part in dream psychology.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)