|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another form of the childhood memory?
(a) The nonsense dream
(b) The wish fulfillment dream
(c) The recurring dream
(d) The anxiety dream
2. The dream is a significant ___________ tool.
(b) mental health
3. Many ______ dreams are strictly painful dreams and appear to have nothing to do with wish fulfillment.
4. Freud notes that the world only has __________ limited methods for dream interpretation, both of which are worthless according to him.
5. From where does the dream's ________ material come?
6. Freud likens dreaming to other kinds like mental activity like:
(a) List making
(c) Creative processes
7. Dreams of ________ are used as primary examples of the need for individual dream interpretation.
(c) the eldery
8. Dreams and reality are two opposing __________.
9. The dream is best categorized as ____________ and subjective.
10. According to Freud, dream content has actual ___________.
11. Dreams make explicit reference to the ___________ day.
(a) end of the
12. Freud notes his approach is more difficult than the _________ method.
13. Dreams are rarely _______, according to Freud.
14. To begin, Freud must question the way the dream is ____________.
15. One's mortality will ____________ in one's dreams.
(b) be questioned
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud says that the doctrine is not based on an interpretation of the obvious _______ of dream content.
2. Freud states we have a ____________ to forget dreams.
3. Freud gives a ___________ background of the dream as it was regarded.
4. The exact truth of the memory of the dreamer is questionable because we almost always take ________ with the truth.
5. Whose poetry does Freud cite as evidence of his own dream manifestations?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)