|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dream presents the idea in the dream by creating a ___________.
2. Many ______ dreams are strictly painful dreams and appear to have nothing to do with wish fulfillment.
3. The ____________ of dreams is a manifestation of subjective feelings, desires, and passions.
4. By taking the time to consider the answer to #56, this allows for ___________ the first interpretation.
(c) listening to
5. The wish fulfillment dream is a dream of ____________.
6. What tends to appear in dreams?
(a) Childhood memories
(b) People we love
7. What is another form of the childhood memory?
(a) The recurring dream
(b) The nonsense dream
(c) The anxiety dream
(d) The wish fulfillment dream
8. Included in the importance of forgetting dream matter is how __________________ a dream is.
(a) ordered or disordered
(b) simple or difficult
(c) light or heavy
(d) dark or light
9. The dream is a tool of _______________.
(b) wish fulfillment
10. Dreams we forget are due to what?
(a) Simple forgetfulness
(b) Too little sleep
(c) They are not important
(d) Taking the dream for granted
11. The answer to #92, these may or may not be ___________ during waking hours.
12. Freud discusses __________ versus __________ dream content.
(a) real, unreal
(b) pre-conscious, unconcious
(c) manifest, latent
(d) subconscious, unconscious
13. Freud justifies that his method is a ______ method of dream interpretation.
14. There is a lack of _______ that occurs when we are dreaming.
15. Dream theories hold that dreams are not ____________ activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud says that the doctrine is not based on an interpretation of the obvious _______ of dream content.
2. Who has a dream in which he knows the Latin names of several plants?
3. Dreams which contain material of which we are not aware in our waking state are called what?
4. Freud works to isolate the problem of how ___________ psychology plays a part in dream psychology.
5. Times older than one day are remembered the day before the dream and thus are still only __________.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)