|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is never definite whether the dream is to be regarded as ____________ or ___________.
(a) helpful, harmful
(b) positive, negative
(c) painful, happy
(d) useful, not helpful
2. Each symbol in the dream relates or refers to the dreamer's life and _______ state.
3. Contradictory thoughts make up trains of thought which are processed successfully or are broken through in conflict in _________ dream.
(a) a nonsense
(b) a displacment
(c) an anxiety
(d) a nightmarish
4. Freud says we bring our __________ experience to the _________ experience of dreaming.
(a) subconscious, conscious
(b) unconscious, pre-conscious
(c) real, unreal
(d) conscious, subconscious
5. Freud believes other dream analysts should ask whether or not there are other types of ___________ besides wish fulfillment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dreams and wishes yet to be _________ can turn up as wish fulfillment dreams that begin in childhood and continue into adulthood.
2. Patients not only shared their dreams with Freud, but also their ______________.
3. Freud begins with the retelling of a dream that one of his patients had after hearing the story of the same dream at a ___________.
4. Freud gives a ___________ background of the dream as it was regarded.
5. Who wrote the studies on anxiety dreams in children?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)