|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ideas the dreamer has during the day carry over into the sleeping hours as __________________.
(a) Desires and longings
(b) Understanding and longing
(c) Ideas and actions
(d) Desires and loathings
2. Freud does not say there is only one kind of dream as this theory would be easily _________.
(d) agreed with
3. Freud says that writers neglect to include or make less important the somatic dream stimuli if they involve any ________ activity.
4. Which dreams appear alarming but are actually wish fulfillment dreams?
(a) Death dreams
(b) Fire dreams
(c) Anxiety dreams
(d) Tornado dreams
5. Freud quotes _________ in this section.
(a) Carl Jung
(b) Eduard von Hartman
(c) Fred Astaire
(d) Julian Haerrian
Short Answer Questions
1. Times older than one day are remembered the day before the dream and thus are still only __________.
2. Freud notes that the world only has __________ limited methods for dream interpretation, both of which are worthless according to him.
3. To follow up #146, the answer cannot be denied, even though the dreamer might, upon waking, deny the subject of the __________.
4. Freud states we have a ____________ to forget dreams.
5. The dreamer of the dream in #134 also noted that the answer was throwing __________ at her.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)