|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud thinks there is a difficulty in using dream examples when they are related out of ___________.
(b) patient journals
(c) the office
2. The means by which dreams are represented do NOT include:
(a) Inverting in nature
3. What does Freud think people believe is not responsible for creating dreams in the first place?
(b) The world
(c) Our friends
(d) The brain
4. Dreams which contain material of which we are not aware in our waking state are called what?
5. There is another kind of displacement mentioned - the exchange of _______ content for mental content.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many people perceive their dreams are _______ or alien.
2. Many ______ dreams are strictly painful dreams and appear to have nothing to do with wish fulfillment.
3. What is the "_________________" manner of expressing wishes?
4. Freud notes that the world only has __________ limited methods for dream interpretation, both of which are worthless according to him.
5. Dreams are rarely _______, according to Freud.
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)