|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Schleiermacher's theory, when we are away, we experience brain activity through ______.
2. Who is the author of the theory of the nerve-stimulus dream?
3. Dream theories hold that dreams are not ____________ activities.
4. This displacement is also carried out as a _____________ of condensing.
5. Each symbol in the dream relates or refers to the dreamer's life and _______ state.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is another kind of displacement mentioned - the exchange of _______ content for mental content.
2. At the same time, Freud believes dreams are poetic, divinatory and ________.
3. One thought is represented and extended through the dream by way of associated imagery, much in the same way ________ does, according to Freud.
4. Freud does admit that some dreams contain symbols the are responding to ____________ stimuli.
5. When the dream has been _______, that's when the dream can be changed.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)