|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud must "_________" that dream content has actual meaning.
2. The dream presents the idea in the dream by creating a ___________.
3. Freud says we bring our __________ experience to the _________ experience of dreaming.
(a) conscious, subconscious
(b) real, unreal
(c) subconscious, conscious
(d) unconscious, pre-conscious
4. What is another form of the childhood memory?
(a) The wish fulfillment dream
(b) The recurring dream
(c) The nonsense dream
(d) The anxiety dream
5. The bulk of dream interpretation is done on the __________ content.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud agrees he must not be so foolish as to generalize that there is only _______ kind of dream.
2. Freud breaks down the __________ of memory with respect to dreams.
3. Many ______ dreams are strictly painful dreams and appear to have nothing to do with wish fulfillment.
4. In interpreting dreams, the elements that are uncovered must be seen as a _________ whole.
5. Freud gives a ___________ background of the dream as it was regarded.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)