|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Times older than one day are remembered the day before the dream and thus are still only __________.
(a) a day old
(b) a memory
(c) a passing thought
(d) a new idea
2. Freud quotes _________ in this section.
(a) Carl Jung
(b) Eduard von Hartman
(c) Fred Astaire
(d) Julian Haerrian
3. The ____________ of dreams is a manifestation of subjective feelings, desires, and passions.
4. The wish fulfillment dream is a dream of ____________.
5. Patients not only shared their dreams with Freud, but also their ______________.
(a) family's thoughts about the dreams
(b) memories of childhood
(c) journal pages about the dreams
(d) thoughts and feelings about the dreams
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud questions whether wish fulfillment is a typical __________ of dreams.
2. ________ and dreaming run in parallel.
3. According to Schleiermacher's theory, when we are away, we experience brain activity through ______.
4. Freud works to isolate the problem of how ___________ psychology plays a part in dream psychology.
5. The dream for the __________ is not meaningless or absurd.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)