|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the dream's ________ material come?
2. What takes the place of waking actions?
(a) Dream interpreration
(b) Anxiety dreams
(c) Dream amnesia
(d) Wish fulfillment dream
3. By taking the time to consider the answer to #56, this allows for ___________ the first interpretation.
(d) listening to
4. Interpreting dreams as __________ theory is not a new idea, Freud admits.
(b) wish fulfillment
5. The scientific world is left without _______ for dream interpretation because of the idea that dreams are illogical and invaluable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "_________________" manner of expressing wishes?
2. Freud's method of dream collection provided him with the material needed to interpret dreams as _________ of waking reality
3. Freud ends the section with proverbs about what __________ dream of.
4. The waking brain thinks in ___________ images.
5. The contrasts between dreams and waking states are ___________.
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)