|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud discusses __________ versus __________ dream content.
(a) real, unreal
(b) manifest, latent
(c) subconscious, unconscious
(d) pre-conscious, unconcious
2. Who is the French doctor who has a hyperamnesiac dream?
(a) Frank Jessen
(b) Andre Julian
(c) Jean Pierre Garconne
(d) Alfred Maury
3. The exact truth of the memory of the dreamer is questionable because we almost always take ________ with the truth.
4. Freud notes that people are not ___________ enough in dreams to remember them.
5. Freud does not say there is only one kind of dream as this theory would be easily _________.
(b) agreed with
Short Answer Questions
1. Dreams which contain material of which we are not aware in our waking state are called what?
2. Freud quotes _________ in this section.
3. One's mortality will ____________ in one's dreams.
4. What dream of Freud's did not at first reveal its underlying meaning?
5. The ____________ of dreams is a manifestation of subjective feelings, desires, and passions.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)