|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud notes that the world only has __________ limited methods for dream interpretation, both of which are worthless according to him.
2. Freud does not believe one set of _________ applies to everyone.
3. Interpreting dreams as __________ theory is not a new idea, Freud admits.
(c) wish fulfillment
4. What sparked interest in how general the theory of wish fulfillment in dreams is?
(a) A sleepless night
(b) The Irma dream
(c) A book Freud read
(d) A walk in the park
5. Who has a dream in which he knows the Latin names of several plants?
(a) Franz Joseph Delboeuf
(d) Sigmund Freud
Short Answer Questions
1. Lay theories are illogical and lack the ________ to deny the importance of dreams.
2. After a great ______, one should be careful.
3. Whose poetry does Freud cite as evidence of his own dream manifestations?
4. Whose dream theories does Freud agree with in this section?
5. Freud believes other dream analysts should ask whether or not there are other types of ___________ besides wish fulfillment.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)