|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud likens dreaming to other kinds like mental activity like:
(b) Creative processes
(c) List making
2. Dreams and reality are two opposing __________.
3. The ideas the dreamer has during the day carry over into the sleeping hours as __________________.
(a) Desires and longings
(b) Understanding and longing
(c) Desires and loathings
(d) Ideas and actions
4. Other theories note that dreams are merely __________ functions with symbols.
5. Freud works to isolate the problem of how ___________ psychology plays a part in dream psychology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud seeks to prove the ______________ of a dream to the person's waking activities, thoughts, and feelings.
2. According to Schleiermacher's theory, when we are away, we experience brain activity through ______.
3. The exact truth of the memory of the dreamer is questionable because we almost always take ________ with the truth.
4. The dream presents the idea in the dream by creating a ___________.
5. Freud believes other dream analysts should ask whether or not there are other types of ___________ besides wish fulfillment.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)