|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The scientific world is left without _______ for dream interpretation because of the idea that dreams are illogical and invaluable.
2. The ideas the dreamer has during the day carry over into the sleeping hours as __________________.
(a) Desires and loathings
(b) Ideas and actions
(c) Desires and longings
(d) Understanding and longing
3. Freud quotes _________ in this section.
(a) Carl Jung
(b) Eduard von Hartman
(c) Fred Astaire
(d) Julian Haerrian
4. Whose poetry does Freud cite as evidence of his own dream manifestations?
5. Freud agrees he must not be so foolish as to generalize that there is only _______ kind of dream.
(a) a difficult
(c) a recurring
(d) a simple
Short Answer Questions
1. There is a lack of _______ that occurs when we are dreaming.
2. The main focus of Freud's book is the ___________ of dreams.
3. Freud must "_________" that dream content has actual meaning.
4. Dreams think mostly in _________.
5. One's mortality will ____________ in one's dreams.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)