|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud says we bring our __________ experience to the _________ experience of dreaming.
(a) conscious, subconscious
(b) unconscious, pre-conscious
(c) subconscious, conscious
(d) real, unreal
2. Many people perceive their dreams are _______ or alien.
3. Freud states we have a ____________ to forget dreams.
4. Freud must "_________" that dream content has actual meaning.
5. The ideas the dreamer has during the day carry over into the sleeping hours as __________________.
(a) Understanding and longing
(b) Ideas and actions
(c) Desires and longings
(d) Desires and loathings
Short Answer Questions
1. The waking brain thinks in ___________ images.
2. The dream is best categorized as ____________ and subjective.
3. Freud notes that people are not ___________ enough in dreams to remember them.
4. Dreams are rarely _______, according to Freud.
5. Freud works to isolate the problem of how ___________ psychology plays a part in dream psychology.
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)