|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud think people believe is not responsible for creating dreams in the first place?
(b) The brain
(c) Our friends
(d) The world
2. According to Schleiermacher's theory, when we are away, we experience brain activity through ______.
3. Dreams and reality are two opposing __________.
4. At the same time, Freud believes dreams are poetic, divinatory and ________.
5. Freud notes that people are not ___________ enough in dreams to remember them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose poetry does Freud cite as evidence of his own dream manifestations?
2. Freud offers to prove the theory that dreams are not driven by ________.
3. Freud hopes he will be able to _______ the dream process.
4. While dreams are unreal, the ________ that occur in the dream are real.
5. Who is the French doctor who has a hyperamnesiac dream?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)