|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud says that writers neglect to include or make less important the somatic dream stimuli if they involve any ________ activity.
2. It is never definite whether the dream is to be regarded as ____________ or ___________.
(a) positive, negative
(b) helpful, harmful
(c) useful, not helpful
(d) painful, happy
3. The dream presents the idea in the dream by creating a ___________.
4. The means by which dreams are represented do NOT include:
(b) Inverting in nature
5. According to Schleiermacher's theory, when we are away, we experience brain activity through ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dreams are psychic activities that are links to our ___________.
2. Interpreting dreams as __________ theory is not a new idea, Freud admits.
3. The interpretation of dreams begins with the _________ content of the dream.
4. Freud notes that the nature of dreams as _____ items in which the intensity of the elements is displaced.
5. What occurs frequently for the dreamer in relation to the characteristics specific to the dream?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)