|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Manifest dream content presents itself as symbols, which Freud calls _______________,
2. What dream of Freud's did not at first reveal its underlying meaning?
(a) Dog dream
(b) Flying dream
(c) School dream
(d) Irma dream
3. According to Schleiermacher's theory, when we are away, we experience brain activity through ______.
4. Freud seeks to prove the ______________ of a dream to the person's waking activities, thoughts, and feelings.
5. What kind of nature of a dream could be described as representations in allegory form?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dreams of ________ are used as primary examples of the need for individual dream interpretation.
2. There is a lack of _______ that occurs when we are dreaming.
3. The dream presents the idea in the dream by creating a ___________.
4. Patients not only shared their dreams with Freud, but also their ______________.
5. Many ______ dreams are strictly painful dreams and appear to have nothing to do with wish fulfillment.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)