|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud breaks down the __________ of memory with respect to dreams.
(a) inner workings
(c) fine points
2. What does Freud think people believe is not responsible for creating dreams in the first place?
(a) The world
(b) The brain
(c) Our friends
3. Freud notes his approach is more difficult than the _________ method.
4. Freud agrees he must not be so foolish as to generalize that there is only _______ kind of dream.
(b) a simple
(c) a difficult
(d) a recurring
5. According to Schleiermacher's theory, when we are away, we experience brain activity through ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many people perceive their dreams are _______ or alien.
2. Freud must "_________" that dream content has actual meaning.
3. Dreams and wishes yet to be _________ can turn up as wish fulfillment dreams that begin in childhood and continue into adulthood.
4. What is another form of the childhood memory?
5. What dream of Freud's did not at first reveal its underlying meaning?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)