|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freud notes his approach is more difficult than the _________ method.
2. Other theories note that dreams are merely __________ functions with symbols.
3. Freud justifies that his method is a ______ method of dream interpretation.
4. Who wrote the studies on anxiety dreams in children?
(d) von Hartman
5. Patients not only shared their dreams with Freud, but also their ______________.
(a) family's thoughts about the dreams
(b) journal pages about the dreams
(c) thoughts and feelings about the dreams
(d) memories of childhood
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud does not say there is only one kind of dream as this theory would be easily _________.
2. Dreams of ________ are used as primary examples of the need for individual dream interpretation.
3. The waking brain thinks in ___________ images.
4. Many people perceive their dreams are _______ or alien.
5. Freud's method of dream collection provided him with the material needed to interpret dreams as _________ of waking reality
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)