Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1, Part 1 Abstract
* Freud offers a technique for interpreting dreams.
* Freud gives a definition for the act of dreaming.
* The relationship of dreams to waking states is discussed.
* Freud offers the idea of dream-stimuli as a transition to sources of dreaming.
* We bring our conscious...
This section contains 1,391 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)