|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Jean-Paul Sartre: 'A Little Ball of Fur and Ink'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movement did Ralph Waldo Emerson found?
(a) New Nationalism.
2. How did Marx support his family financially through most of his life?
(a) He was supported by the government and received a salary for his work.
(b) His writings were an immediate success and provided handsomely for the family.
(c) He worked as a railway clerk.
(d) He borrowed money and received legacies from family.
3. How many siblings did Ibsen have?
(c) He was an only child.
4. What was the name of Russell's fourth wife?
(a) Katherine Perkins.
(b) Dora Black.
(c) Edith Finch.
(d) Alys Jane.
5. What young woman was a laundress and agreed to become Rousseau's mistress on a permanent basis?
(a) Madame d'Epinay.
(b) Madame Melchior.
(c) Therese Levasseur.
(d) Joan MacDonald.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Tolstoy's wife?
2. What friend did Russell give $3000.00 of stock to during WWII?
3. What is the name of Ibsen's wife?
4. What caused Hemingway to lose interest in his affair with Jane Mason?
5. What occupation did Hemingway begin his career with in 1921?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)