|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Jean-Paul Sartre: 'A Little Ball of Fur and Ink'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school mistress who loaned Shelley 100 pounds (her life savings), that was never repaid.
(a) Claire Clairmont.
(b) Elizabeth Hitchener.
(c) Harriet Gogg.
(d) Fanny Imlay.
2. What happened to Rousseau's children?
(a) He abandoned all of them at orphanages.
(b) They were adopted by Lord Boswell in England.
(c) They all died at birth.
(d) They all grew up to be writers.
3. Which of the following armies did Tolstoy not fight during his tenure with the Russian army?
4. What young woman was a laundress and agreed to become Rousseau's mistress on a permanent basis?
(a) Madame d'Epinay.
(b) Joan MacDonald.
(c) Therese Levasseur.
(d) Madame Melchior.
5. What was the name of Hemingway's third wife?
(a) Mary Welsh.
(b) Pauline Pfeiffer.
(c) Martha Gellhorn.
(d) Hadley Richardson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Russell die?
2. What is the name of Marx's wife?
3. What political approach did Hemingway take in his perspective of the Spanish Civil War?
4. What year was Bertrand Russell born?
5. How did Russell feel about war?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)