|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Jean-Paul Sartre: 'A Little Ball of Fur and Ink'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a play penned by Ibsen?
(a) The Warrior's Barrow.
(b) St. John's Night.
(c) Lady Ingar of Ostraat.
(d) The Priest.
2. What was the nickname of Hemingway's son, Jack?
3. What is the name of the person, whom Ibsen based his character of Nora from A Doll's House on?
(a) Hilde Wangel.
(b) Kirste Holst.
(c) Laura Kieler.
(d) Miriam White.
4. What 10,000 word essay did Shelley write in 1821 as a statement of social purpose?
(a) Ode to Poetry.
(b) The Revolt of Islam.
(c) Ode to the Tyrant.
(d) A Defense of Poetry.
5. How did Shelley die?
(a) He drowned.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He overdosed on opium.
(d) He suffered a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book that Marx spent most of his life working on?
2. How was Brecht's work received in the United States?
3. What was the name of the US Ambassador that gave him a job to look out for German U-boats?
4. Which political party did Bertolt Brecht faithfully serve?
5. What country was Ibsen born in?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)