|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Karl Marx: 'Howling Gigantic Curses'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the book that Marx spent most of his life working on?
(d) The Philosphy of Marx.
2. What type of vocation did Marx's family (on both sides) participate in?
(a) They were Talmudic scholars.
(b) They were factory workers from the proletariat class.
(c) They were farmers.
(d) They were aristocrats.
3. What was the nickname of Helen Demuth who spent her life working for the Marx family?
4. What young woman was a laundress and agreed to become Rousseau's mistress on a permanent basis?
(a) Madame d'Epinay.
(b) Therese Levasseur.
(c) Joan MacDonald.
(d) Madame Melchior.
5. What year was Shelley born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel did Shelley's wife Mary author?
2. What poem did Shelley dedicate to his first wife?
3. How many children did Rousseau have with his wife?
4. Which benefactress of Rousseau died of malnutrition after he refused to help her in her old age?
5. What was Shelley's nickname at school?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)