|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Karl Marx: 'Howling Gigantic Curses'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vocation did Rousseau's father have?
(a) He was a politician.
(b) He was a watchmaker.
(c) He was born an aristocrat.
(d) He was a writer.
2. How did Marx support his family financially through most of his life?
(a) He worked as a railway clerk.
(b) He was supported by the government and received a salary for his work.
(c) He borrowed money and received legacies from family.
(d) His writings were an immediate success and provided handsomely for the family.
3. Which benefactress of Rousseau died of malnutrition after he refused to help her in her old age?
(a) Madame D'Epinary.
(b) Madame de Warens.
(c) Mademoiselle Groton.
(d) Mademoiselle Lambercier.
4. What novel did Shelley's wife Mary author?
(a) Silas Marner.
(d) Northanger Abby.
5. Who would receive Shelley's title of baronet?
(a) His son Percy.
(b) His cousin William.
(c) His friend Byron.
(d) His son Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the school mistress who loaned Shelley 100 pounds (her life savings), that was never repaid.
2. What poem did Shelley dedicate to his first wife?
3. What was the name of Shelley's first wife?
4. Where was Rousseau born?
5. What ancient languages did Shelley attain great fluency in at Eton?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)