|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Paulos crazy about major math mistakes.
(a) No one cares.
(b) No one corrects the offender.
(c) It is accepted.
(d) People don't notice.
2. What stadium is referenced?
(a) Veteran's Stadium.
(b) Yankee Stadium.
(c) Wrigley Field.
(d) Three Rivers Stadium.
3. Notation makes more sense than?
4. What type of academic would most likely cringe over a misused word?
5. How many outfits can be created according to Paulos?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the business man travel?
2. Who is the first doctor mentioned?
3. What word does the author use to describe mathematical errors?
4. How many bricks are in the wall?
5. What item in the structure is referenced?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the first of the most famous examples of coincidence.
2. Examine the first story told by Paulos in this chapter.
3. What do doctors often do that is mathematically incorrect?
4. Who is the second famous doctor introduced by Paulos? Which topic was this doctor fascinated by?
5. Why do people tend to be fascinated by coincidences?
6. The author believes that people are often obsessed by what topics?
7. Why does Paulos argue about the existence of coincidences?
8. What would be one of the easiest ways to reduce or eliminate errors?
9. Who was the mathematician responsible for discovering one of the most important discoveries?
10. What is the coincidence surrounding Christopher Columbus?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)