|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item helps mathematical illiterates understand the above theory?
2. How many bricks are in the wall?
3. In what year did the Italian scientist make this discovery?
4. Who was a giant in psychiatry?
5. What common structure is used in the comparison?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of doctor was he?
2. What does the man carry to help with the problem?
3. What is the man afraid of?
4. Paulos often has people ask him about what?
5. Where is the stadium located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Archimedes Principle?
2. What is the last principle discussed in chapter 1?
3. What would be one of the easiest ways to reduce or eliminate errors?
4. What do doctors often do that is mathematically incorrect?
5. Examine the first story told by Paulos in this chapter.
6. Discuss the first of the most famous examples of coincidence.
7. What is the coincidence surrounding Christopher Columbus?
8. What is the example used by Paulos to demonstrate the connections between people?
9. What amusing example does Paulos use to illustrate the misunderstanding of numbers?
10. The first example Paulos uses about percentages relates to weather forecasters. What is the mistake?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)