|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age is the child mentioned?
2. What is stronger than gravity?
3. Who is used as one of the examples?
4. What great writer is mentioned in this chapter?
5. Which is an incorrect statement in science?
(b) In most cases.
(d) It depends.
6. Which is taught in elementary schools?
7. Lack of what is responsible for that fear?
8. Many people are numerate despite lack of:
(a) Private instruction.
9. The student mistakenly assumed that his professor believed in what?
(c) Love potions.
10. When a student reaches college it is impossible to take the time to teach ________.
(b) Basic algorithms.
11. In elementary school, math is rarely _______.
12. Paulos likes to debunk which of the following?
(b) Abstract thinking.
13. Things are often misused if they are ______.
14. Which is the false adage pointed out by Paulos?
(a) What goes around comes around.
(b) You have to win sometime.
(c) Everything comes in threes.
(d) Time is money.
15. How many days is a woman's cycle?
(a) 23 days.
(b) 14 days.
(c) 28 days.
(d) 5 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paulos was encouraged to learn math because ____.
2. Math is ________.
3. Innumerates are more likely to believe in what?
4. Which doctor is referenced in this chapter?
5. Which is not mentioned as being a way to teach children?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)