|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Paulos, math has many ________.
2. What did the doctor invent?
(a) The rat's maze.
(b) Poisson's Formula.
(c) Slide rule.
(d) Biorhythmic analysis.
3. Which is taught in elementary schools?
4. Which is related to pseudoscience?
5. Which other country is mentioned?
6. Paulos believes that elementary schools lack ______ in their curriculum?
(a) Informal logic.
(d) Follow through.
7. What is CSICOP?
(a) Committee for Scientific Claims of the Paranormal.
(b) Committee for Simple Conversion of Pi.
(c) Council for Studious Classification of Pythagoras.
(d) Conclave of Scientists Clashing with Pseudoscience.
8. The doctor was convinced about his:
(a) Golf score.
(b) Scientific prowess.
(c) Time of death.
(d) Math skills.
9. Things are often misused if they are ______.
10. What is often caused by childhood trauma?
(a) Educational blocks.
(d) Math anxiety.
11. What animal is referred to by the author?
12. What is not a reason for innumeracy?
(a) Poor education.
(b) Psychological block.
13. Lack of what is responsible for that fear?
14. What great writer is mentioned in this chapter?
15. What is stronger than gravity?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not mentioned as being a way to teach children?
2. What is the term for knowing something before it happens?
3. What piece of office equipment is mentioned?
4. Paulos states that some people believe _______.
5. What is Paulos' favorite pseudoscience?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)