|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the explorer discover?
(a) Polio vaccine.
(c) Fountain of Youth.
(d) Spice Islands.
2. What item in the stadium is used as an example?
3. What is another name for those not proficient in math?
4. Where is the stadium located?
(d) New York.
5. How many outfits can be created according to Paulos?
6. What restaurant is referenced?
(a) Four Seasons.
(b) Taco Bell.
7. Each person knows approximately how many people?
8. In what year did the Italian scientist make this discovery?
9. What makes Paulos crazy about major math mistakes.
(a) People don't notice.
(b) No one corrects the offender.
(c) No one cares.
(d) It is accepted.
10. Which phrase is often used incorrectly?
(a) Play more and win more.
(b) Haste makes waste.
(c) A fool and his money are soon parted
(d) It's a small world.
11. What type of academic would most likely cringe over a misused word?
12. In what year was the discovery made?
13. What does the man gauge to help his fear?
14. Paulos believes that most people fall where in their mathematical understanding?
(a) Lower quadrant.
(b) Top 10%.
(c) Bottom 10%.
15. What is the probability of 2 people being linked by 2 intermediates?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people notice the coincidences?
2. Paulos believes that the theory may seem:
3. What is the probability of people being directly linked?
4. Where do the two people meet?
5. What item in the structure is referenced?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)