|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about coincidence makes it the most noticeable among events?
2. What word does the author use to describe mathematical errors?
3. What did the explorer discover?
(b) Fountain of Youth.
(c) Polio vaccine.
(d) Spice Islands.
4. What item helps mathematical illiterates understand the above theory?
5. What does the man gauge to help his fear?
6. Paulos believes that the theory may seem:
7. What professional often makes major errors in calculating percentages?
(a) Math teacher.
8. What percentage of rain is referenced?
9. Where do the strangers live?
(a) Opposite sides of the country.
(c) New York.
10. What type of doctor was he?
(a) Phd in Physics.
(c) Medical doctor.
(d) Research Scientist.
11. What did the Italian scientist discover?
(a) Combustible fuel.
(c) Bubonic plague.
12. What is Paulos' forte?
(a) Creating word problems.
(b) Solving riddles.
(c) Explaining coincidences.
(d) Devising new calculating systems.
13. Which group does this coincidence often apply to?
(b) Taxi drivers.
14. What city is mentioned in one of the examples?
(d) New York.
15. Which/whose formula is discussed?
(b) Theory of Relativity.
(c) Pythagorean Theorem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made one of the most important and yet simple mathematical discoveries?
2. What is one of the most misunderstood items according to Paulos?
3. What would make math easier for people?
4. How many bricks are in the wall?
5. What is the name of the expert in this chapter?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)