|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Whence Innumeracy?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many outfits can be created according to Paulos?
2. Which is not mentioned as being a way to teach children?
(c) Interactive games.
3. Paulos believes that elementary schools lack ______ in their curriculum?
(c) Informal logic.
(d) Follow through.
4. People seem to have the most trouble when dealing with what area of numbers?
5. What number is used in the joke about the population of the city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which/whose formula is discussed?
2. What famous doctor does Paulos consider to be an innumerate?
3. Who made one of the most important and yet simple mathematical discoveries?
4. Many are innumerate because they cannot connect math to:
5. Which skill is rarely taught?
This section contains 139 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)