|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Gately addicted to, in Chapter 10?
2. Which of Hal's test scores were extremely low?
3. What is the name of the radio show that Mario and Hal listen to at a local club?
4. How are Hal and Mario related?
5. The scenes at Ennet house parallel the vision of the future for which people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of relationship do Mario and Hal have?
2. What role does Lyle play?
3. Why is Orin being followed?
4. Who is Ken Erdedy?
5. Why does the separatist group want the Entertainment?
6. What kind of relationship did James seem to have with his sons?
7. How does Wallace create back stories for the characters?
8. Who is Orin Incandenza?
9. What role does Millicent Kent play in Mario's life?
10. Describe Hal Incandenza.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was James' genius a blessing or a curse?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Hal have a breakdown at the end of the novel? What brought the breakdown on? How does the breakdown lead to the scene that is actually first in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Which character develops the most throughout Infinite Jest? How do you know?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)