|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, who does Wardine complain to?
2. What is the name of the star of James Incandenza's movies?
3. What is the name of the man who sells urine samples to his classmates at the academy?
4. What is the name of the woman who has a party that Joelle attends and feels depressed at?
5. What is the alleged name of the oiled guru in the weight room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lyle's enjoyment of licking sweat symbolize?
2. What role does Millicent Kent play in Mario's life?
3. What role does drug use play at Enfield?
4. Who is Don Gately?
5. Why do many of the Enfield students use drugs?
6. Who is Kate Gompert?
7. How does the Ennet House parallel Enfield?
8. How do the deans react to Hal's communication skills?
9. What kind of relationship did James seem to have with his father?
10. Who is Wardine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of relationship do Hal and Mario have? Why does it make sense that Mario looks to Hal for guidance and reassurance even though Hal is younger? What types of events cause strain in their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of relationship does Avril have with her children? What events have put strain on her relationships? Does Avril love her sons?
Essay Topic 3
Why did James commit suicide? What did his lack of connection with his family have to do with his depression and suicide?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)