|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most surprising part of the changes in Ben for his family in Chapter Twelve?
(a) He begins talking to them more.
(b) He doesn't think his family missed him.
(c) He continues to act like a badger.
(d) He is so skinny.
2. William decides during Chapter Nine that further help is needed. Which of the following men does William NOT ask for help?
3. At the beginning of Chapter Seven, what is the furthest away from home Ben has ever been?
(a) North Corners.
(c) Red River.
4. When Ben notices that the badger's foot is bothering her, what does he initially use to clean the wound?
5. Which of the neighbors fires the five shots to call the searchers in and cancel the search for Ben?
Short Answer Questions
1. As daylight breaks in Chapter Ten, the badger brings Ben what to eat?
2. After the fight between Burton and the MacDonalds, William tells Burton to do what?
3. What animal is Ben following when he initially wanders off during Chapter Seven?
4. How long has Ben been walking when he realizes he may be traveling in the wrong direction?
5. As Chapter Eleven opens, how long has Ben been missing when a memorial service is held for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ben go to such lengths to hide Lobo's body after the badger kills him?
2. Describe the change in the MacDonald family's behavior toward Ben after the incident with Burton's badger, and Ben's response to the change.
3. Describe William's orders to Burton after the fight.
4. Describe how Ben gets clean after his first night in the badger den.
5. Why is Ben afraid of the badger when she returns to her den and finds him there?
6. Describe the fight between Burton and William.
7. In Chapter Thirteen, why is Burton coming to visit the MacDonalds?
8. Describe the process by which Ben cleans the badger's injured paw.
9. Why does John decide to use his prized rifle to mark the spot where he found Ben's shoe, as the rifle will certainly be ruined?
10. Why does the search team finally call off their search for Ben after two days?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)