|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long after his return does Ben alternate between being human and being badger?
(a) Six months.
(b) One week.
(c) Twelve days.
(d) Five weeks.
2. What does John find after Ben's adventure that confirms his story for his family?
(a) Lobo's body.
(b) Animal bones.
(c) The badger den.
(d) Ben's clothes.
3. What visitor arrives as Chapter Twelve ends?
4. Why does Ben initially decide not to head for home in Chapter Seven?
(a) He is looking for the female badger.
(b) He knows his parents are looking for him.
(c) He thinks Burton might be at his house.
(d) He doesn't think the storm is close.
5. Where is the badger sleeping when Burton arrives at the MacDonald farm in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) In Ben's room.
(b) By the well.
(c) On the porch.
(d) Near the stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ben see on a horse in the distance that sends him scurrying for the burrow in Chapter Eight?
2. What animal do Ben and the badger fight and kill at the end of Chapter Ten?
3. William decides during Chapter Nine that further help is needed. Which of the following men does William NOT ask for help?
4. When Ben awakens from his difficult night in Chapter Eight, what is the weather like?
5. The members of the search party agree before they begin that whomever finds Ben will fire how many shots?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Thirteen, why is Burton coming to visit the MacDonalds?
2. Why does the search team finally call off their search for Ben after two days?
3. Why does the search team from North Corners not turn up any sign of Ben in the two days they spend looking?
4. Describe the fight between Lobo, Ben, and the badger.
5. Why does Ben not recognize his brother when John first attempts contact with him in Chapter Eleven?
6. Why has Ben been unresponsive to his family until he is taken into the house after his rescue?
7. Describe Ben's appearance when John finds him and returns home.
8. Why is William initially unconcerned about Ben's location in Chapter Nine?
9. Why do both William and Ben believe they are responsible for William hitting Ben during the badger skinning?
10. Why does the MacDonald family allow the badger to move in with them?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)