|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ben sleeps for four hours after he sees the person on the horse in the distance. What does he notice when he wakes up?
(a) He can't feel his legs.
(b) The person has returned.
(c) The badger has returned.
(d) He is very hungry.
2. Where do Ben and the badger sleep after Ben's return home?
(a) In the barn.
(b) Under the front porch.
(c) On the floor in his room.
(d) In his bed.
3. John begins to search the area to the southwest of the farm. How long has Ben been missing at this point?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Sixty days.
(d) Eight weeks.
4. By what point in his relationship with the badger does Ben begin to act like a badger?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Ten days.
5. What does John find after Ben's adventure that confirms his story for his family?
(a) The badger den.
(b) Ben's clothes.
(c) Animal bones.
(d) Lobo's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter Eleven opens, how long has Ben been missing when a memorial service is held for him?
2. For how long after his return does Ben alternate between being human and being badger?
3. Why does Ben finally decide to head for home during Chapter Seven?
4. After Ben eats the meal the badger has brought him, how else does she attempt to feed him?
5. What does William tell his son about the badger's chances to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Ben been unresponsive to his family until he is taken into the house after his rescue?
2. Describe the fight between Lobo, Ben, and the badger.
3. Why is Ben afraid of the badger when she returns to her den and finds him there?
4. In Chapter Eight, does the badger intend to bring the prairie chicken for Ben or does he essentially steal it from her?
5. Why does the badger follow John's horse when he rides for home with Ben?
6. Why does the search team finally call off their search for Ben after two days?
7. Esther is concerned about her son all morning in Chapter Nine, and yet she does not go look for him. Why?
8. In Chapter Thirteen, why is Burton coming to visit the MacDonalds?
9. Describe how Ben gets clean after his first night in the badger den.
10. Describe William's orders to Burton after the fight.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)