|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following fates did NOT befall the female badger's previous litter?
(a) Den flood.
(b) Fight with wolf.
(c) Caught by eagle.
(d) Starved to death.
2. How much money does Burton say he can make off the male badger's pelt?
(a) Thirty or forty dollars.
(b) Five or six dollars.
(c) Eighteen or twenty dollars.
(d) Twelve or fifteen dollars.
3. In Chapter Four, how much longer will it be before the baby badgers are ready to try solid food?
(a) Twelve weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
4. How many days of travel did it take the MacDonalds to find open land north of Winnipeg when they were searching for a farm site?
5. From which city did the MacDonalds set out when traveling to Winnipeg looking for a site to farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time she gets to her den after escaping the trap, how many of the badger's pups are still alive?
2. How does the MacDonald family react to seeing the badger Burton caught?
3. How do the MacDonald animals respond when they see Ben coming?
4. According to the author at the end of Chapter Two, a normal life span for a badger is how long?
5. How did the MacDonalds originally plan to chose the site for their farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the growth of the MacDonald farm in the early years of the settlement.
2. What reasons does the author give in Chapter Three for why Ben wishes to become a bird?
3. Describe the badger's appearance at the opening of Chapter Two.
4. Why does Burton wish to trap on the MacDonald's land?
5. Describe how the female badger escapes from the trap in Chapter Six.
6. In Chapter Five, Burton tells a story of a fight Lobo had when he was a puppy. Describe the fight.
7. Why is Ben so happy at dinner at the end of Chapter Three?
8. How do the townspeople of Winnipeg react to the stories of Ben's relationship with animals?
9. Explain the development of the baby badgers as described in Chapter Four.
10. Explain why the female badger did not run after her meeting with Ben.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)