|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Ben's story does his family find it difficult to believe after his return?
(a) The way he cleaned the badger's paw.
(b) The death of Lobo.
(c) The things he ate.
(d) The badger feeding him.
2. Where is the badger sleeping when Burton arrives at the MacDonald farm in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) In Ben's room.
(b) Near the stream.
(c) On the porch.
(d) By the well.
3. When Burton's gun goes off while William is trying to wrestle it away, where is William hit?
4. What leads Ben to conclude that the badger was not a dream after his first night in the badger den?
(a) The badger is sitting outside waiting for him.
(b) He finds her footprints around the den.
(c) He remembers her presence clearly.
(d) He finds badger fur on his clothes.
5. As Chapter Eleven opens, how long has Ben been missing when a memorial service is held for him?
(a) Four days.
(b) One month.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Two weeks.
6. Who fires a shot at Burton's feet during the scuffle in Chapter Thirteen?
7. Where does Burton's second bullet hit the badger in Chapter Thirteen?
8. As Chapter Eight opens, which of the following is NOT a reason Ben is having trouble sleeping?
(a) He keeps expecting the badger to return.
(b) He is not tired.
(c) The storm is keeping him awake.
(d) Thought he heard someone calling his name.
9. William decides during Chapter Nine that further help is needed. Which of the following men does William NOT ask for help?
10. Who is the first person to see William and John returning with Ben as Chapter Twelve begins?
11. After the fight between Burton and the MacDonalds, William tells Burton to do what?
(a) Pay damages.
(b) Get a doctor.
(c) Leave the area.
(d) Help calm Ben down.
12. What animal alarms Ben in his hiding spot during the storm in Chapter Seven?
13. As William continues his search for Ben in Chapter Nine, which of the following animals does he NOT worry may have attacked the boy?
14. Who does Ben see on a horse in the distance that sends him scurrying for the burrow in Chapter Eight?
15. Ben sleeps for four hours after he sees the person on the horse in the distance. What does he notice when he wakes up?
(a) The person has returned.
(b) He is very hungry.
(c) The badger has returned.
(d) He can't feel his legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what conclusion has John come at the beginning of Chapter Eleven?
2. What animal do Ben and the badger fight and kill at the end of Chapter Ten?
3. What tool does Ben use to enlarge the burrow in Chapter Eight?
4. To what conclusion do the doctor and pastor come as the MacDonalds tell them Ben's story?
5. What does William tell his son about the badger's chances to live?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)