|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John begins to search the area to the southwest of the farm. How long has Ben been missing at this point?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Sixty days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Eight weeks.
2. Where does Burton's second bullet hit the badger in Chapter Thirteen?
3. How long has Ben been walking when he realizes he may be traveling in the wrong direction?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Five hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Half an hour.
4. What area does everyone think is most likely for Ben to have chosen and disappeared in Chapter Eleven?
(a) Toward Winnipeg.
(b) Toward the river.
(c) Into the woods.
(d) North of the farm.
5. To what conclusion do the doctor and pastor come as the MacDonalds tell them Ben's story?
(a) That the details should be kept quiet.
(b) That Ben is probably lying.
(c) That the whole world should be told.
(d) That the whole family is crazy.
6. Where is the badger sleeping when Burton arrives at the MacDonald farm in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Near the stream.
(b) On the porch.
(c) By the well.
(d) In Ben's room.
7. As Chapter Ten opens, what has Ben done in an attempt to stay warm in the burrow?
(a) Tossed grass over himself.
(b) Closed the entrance to the burrow.
(c) Snuggled up to the badger.
(d) Made a blanket out of animal furs.
8. What issue do the MacDonalds face at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) Ben retreats again and will not speak.
(b) Ben becomes very ill.
(c) The whole town now knows Ben's story.
(d) Ben refuses to attend school without the badger.
9. As John continues his search southwest of the farm in Chapter Eleven, what article of clothing does he find belonging to his brother?
10. In the first week after Ben's disappearance, how many hours does William spend looking for Ben each day?
11. To what conclusion has John come at the beginning of Chapter Eleven?
(a) His brother has run away.
(b) His father is going crazy.
(c) His brother is dead.
(d) His parents are likely to divorce.
12. What visitor arrives as Chapter Twelve ends?
13. When Ben is unable to clean the badger's wound well, to what method does Ben next turn?
(a) Wiping it with wet grass.
(b) Licking it.
(c) Gives the badger medicine.
(d) Holding it under water.
14. How does Ben respond when William offers to help him bury the badger?
(b) Starts screaming.
(c) Doesn't respond.
15. How long does it take the badger to stop growling at the MacDonald family after Ben's rescue?
(a) Four months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six hours.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. William decides during Chapter Nine that further help is needed. Which of the following men does William NOT ask for help?
2. The members of the search party agree before they begin that whomever finds Ben will fire how many shots?
3. How long does John wait for Ben to emerge from the rock pile after finding him?
4. How many eggs does the badger bring Ben in Chapter Ten?
5. After Ben eats the meal the badger has brought him, how else does she attempt to feed him?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)