|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Ten, how many horsemen does Ben see when he leaves the burrow for a drink?
2. What leads Ben to conclude that the badger was not a dream after his first night in the badger den?
(a) The badger is sitting outside waiting for him.
(b) He finds badger fur on his clothes.
(c) He remembers her presence clearly.
(d) He finds her footprints around the den.
3. What has been different about the MacDonald family since the evening Burton brought the dead badger over?
(a) Ben is getting much less attention.
(b) Ben is getting much more attention.
(c) Everyone is mad at Ben.
(d) Nothing has changed.
4. After the fight between Burton and the MacDonalds, William tells Burton to do what?
(a) Leave the area.
(b) Get a doctor.
(c) Pay damages.
(d) Help calm Ben down.
5. Who tackles Burton while William is recovering from the bullet wound?
6. Where do Ben and the badger sleep after Ben's return home?
(a) Under the front porch.
(b) On the floor in his room.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In his bed.
7. John begins to search the area to the southwest of the farm. How long has Ben been missing at this point?
(a) Sixty days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Eight weeks.
8. How long does it take the badger to stop growling at the MacDonald family after Ben's rescue?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four months.
(d) Three days.
9. As Chapter Seven opens, what are Ben's siblings doing?
(a) Playing tag in the yard.
(b) Last day of school.
(c) Helping William with barn work.
(d) Cleaning the house.
10. For how long after his return does Ben alternate between being human and being badger?
(a) One week.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five weeks.
11. What hiding place does Ben stumble into during the storm in Chapter Seven?
(b) Rock pile.
(c) Abandoned barn.
(d) Badger den.
12. How long has Ben been walking when he realizes he may be traveling in the wrong direction?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Five hours.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) One hour.
13. Who does Ben ask to help bury the badger?
14. What is the most surprising part of the changes in Ben for his family in Chapter Twelve?
(a) He continues to act like a badger.
(b) He is so skinny.
(c) He doesn't think his family missed him.
(d) He begins talking to them more.
15. What does John find after Ben's adventure that confirms his story for his family?
(a) Lobo's body.
(b) The badger den.
(c) Ben's clothes.
(d) Animal bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ben plan to bury the badger?
2. At the beginning of Chapter Seven, what is the furthest away from home Ben has ever been?
3. For which of the following does Ben NOT cry at the end of Chapter Eight?
4. In the first week after Ben's disappearance, how many hours does William spend looking for Ben each day?
5. As Chapter Eleven opens, how long has Ben been missing when a memorial service is held for him?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)