|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long after his return does Ben alternate between being human and being badger?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Twelve days.
(d) One week.
2. After the fight between Burton and the MacDonalds, William tells Burton to do what?
(a) Help calm Ben down.
(b) Get a doctor.
(c) Leave the area.
(d) Pay damages.
3. What part of Ben's story does his family find it difficult to believe after his return?
(a) The death of Lobo.
(b) The badger feeding him.
(c) The way he cleaned the badger's paw.
(d) The things he ate.
4. What has been different about the MacDonald family since the evening Burton brought the dead badger over?
(a) Everyone is mad at Ben.
(b) Ben is getting much more attention.
(c) Nothing has changed.
(d) Ben is getting much less attention.
5. William decides during Chapter Nine that further help is needed. Which of the following men does William NOT ask for help?
6. What tool does Ben use to enlarge the burrow in Chapter Eight?
(a) His hands.
(b) His trousers.
(c) An abandoned bucket.
(d) A basket made from prairie grass.
7. How many eggs does the badger bring Ben in Chapter Ten?
8. As William and Esther sit down to lunch in Chapter Nine, where does William suggest Ben is?
(a) Hiding under the house.
(b) Playing in the barn.
(c) Sleeping by the stream.
(d) Talking to a chipmunk.
9. When Ben notices that the badger's foot is bothering her, what does he initially use to clean the wound?
10. Who does Ben ask to help bury the badger?
11. Why is the MacDonald family's search for Ben so difficult in Chapter Eleven?
(a) The weather is bad.
(b) They no longer think he is alive.
(c) They have no idea which direction he went.
(d) Their neighbors are unwilling to help.
12. What is the most surprising part of the changes in Ben for his family in Chapter Twelve?
(a) He is so skinny.
(b) He begins talking to them more.
(c) He continues to act like a badger.
(d) He doesn't think his family missed him.
13. How does Ben react when the badger returns at the beginning of Chapter Eight?
(a) He is angry and scolds her.
(b) He welcomes her back warmly.
(c) He doesn't notice that she has returned.
(d) He is terrified and screams.
14. What issue do the MacDonalds face at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) Ben retreats again and will not speak.
(b) Ben refuses to attend school without the badger.
(c) The whole town now knows Ben's story.
(d) Ben becomes very ill.
15. Where does Burton's second bullet hit the badger in Chapter Thirteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what conclusion has John come at the beginning of Chapter Eleven?
2. When Burton's gun goes off while William is trying to wrestle it away, where is William hit?
3. When Ben awakens from his difficult night in Chapter Eight, what is the weather like?
4. How long has Ben been walking when he realizes he may be traveling in the wrong direction?
5. Which of the neighbors fires the five shots to call the searchers in and cancel the search for Ben?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)