|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The neighbor is surprised to learn that Ben is six years old, because Ben looks as though he ought to be how old?
(a) Eight or nine.
(b) Three or four.
(c) Eleven or twelve.
(d) One or two.
2. How long does the search party look for Ben before giving up the search in Chapter Nine?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Six hours.
3. At the beginning of Chapter Six, how long does the female badger stay in the den with her pups after her last hunt?
(a) Twenty-four hours.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Six hours.
4. What hiding place does Ben stumble into during the storm in Chapter Seven?
(a) Abandoned barn.
(c) Badger den.
(d) Rock pile.
5. The North West Company's original fort is seized and destroyed by the Hudson Bay Company; what is the name of the fort that replaces this original fort?
(a) Fort Garry.
(b) Fort Riley.
(c) Fort Kearney.
(d) Fort Leonard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Esther not initially go to look for her son when she realizes she hasn't seen him for awhile?
2. What does Ben notice when he examines the badger's body that assures him it's not the badger he met?
3. The members of the search party agree before they begin that whomever finds Ben will fire how many shots?
4. As Chapter Seven opens, what are Ben's siblings doing?
5. Toward the end of Chapter Two, the author states that the gestation period for badgers is how long?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)