|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author at the end of Chapter Two, a normal life span for a badger is how long?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Twenty-five years.
(d) Ten years.
2. As the book opens, the author says that the name "Winnipeg" originated with which Native American tribe?
(d) Dakota Sioux.
3. How does Ben react when the neighbor's dog charges him?
(a) Smacks it on the nose.
(b) Runs and hides.
(c) Screams and kicks at it.
(d) Drops to all fours and whines.
4. The North West Company's original fort is seized and destroyed by the Hudson Bay Company; what is the name of the fort that replaces this original fort?
(a) Fort Leonard.
(b) Fort Kearney.
(c) Fort Garry.
(d) Fort Riley.
5. What reason does Burton give for Lobo's respect of badgers?
(a) He doesn't like the way they smell.
(b) He thinks they're good hunters.
(c) He fought one when he was a pup.
(d) He knows they're bigger than he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the neighbor leaves, how does Esther MacDonald say she feels about the man?
2. The MacDonalds have an argument after their new neighbor leaves in Chapter One. About what are they arguing?
3. Why does William agree to skin the male badger when Burton suggests it?
4. As far as the townspeople can tell, the new neighbor originally comes from where?
5. How much money does Burton say he can make off the male badger's pelt?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)