|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The neighbor is surprised to learn that Ben is six years old, because Ben looks as though he ought to be how old?
(a) Eight or nine.
(b) Three or four.
(c) Eleven or twelve.
(d) One or two.
2. By the end of the prologue, the MacDonalds have how many children?
3. What favor does the new neighbor ask of William MacDonald?
(a) To borrow MacDonald's horse.
(b) To buy MacDonald's crops.
(c) To trap on MacDonald's land.
(d) To hide out at MacDonald's house.
4. Why did Burton leave Lobo at home when going to check his traps?
(a) He decided Lobo was more trouble than he was worth.
(b) Lobo wasn't around when he left the house.
(c) He didn't want Lobo to attack the trapped animals.
(d) He was afraid Lobo would get caught in one of the traps.
5. As Chapter One opens, what animal is Ben MacDonald following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the neighbor say the dog's reaction to Ben is unusual?
2. The North West Company's original fort is seized and destroyed by the Hudson Bay Company; what is the name of the fort that replaces this original fort?
3. How do the MacDonald animals respond when they see Ben coming?
4. What purpose does the badger's second tunnel serve as she completes her digging project?
5. In 1806, the North West Company builds on top of what had been Fort Rouge. What is the name of the new fort?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)