|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter Four opens, which of the following reasons does the author NOT say kept the badger from attacking Ben?
(a) He is small.
(b) He is defenseless.
(c) She was frightened of him.
(d) She is stronger than he.
2. In what year does the prologue say this story takes place?
3. How long ago did the MacDonalds come to the region to settle their farm?
(a) Five years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Fifty years.
4. By the end of the prologue, the MacDonalds have how many children?
5. Why does Burton move his trap after the male badger is killed?
(a) He doubts there is anything else to trap in the area.
(b) He has thought of a better place to put the trap.
(c) The badger has left too much scent in the area.
(d) He needs to clean the trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Three, what animal does Ben most wish he could turn into?
2. What scent does the female badger encounter and ignore that her mate later smells during Chapter Four?
3. Instead of resting after the digging project is completed, the female badger begins to do what?
4. In 1806, the North West Company builds on top of what had been Fort Rouge. What is the name of the new fort?
5. As Chapter Three opens, what has prompted the string of visitors to the MacDonald farm?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)