|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days of travel did it take the MacDonalds to find open land north of Winnipeg when they were searching for a farm site?
2. The neighbor is surprised to learn that Ben is six years old, because Ben looks as though he ought to be how old?
(a) Three or four.
(b) Eleven or twelve.
(c) One or two.
(d) Eight or nine.
3. The North West Company's original fort is seized and destroyed by the Hudson Bay Company; what is the name of the fort that replaces this original fort?
(a) Fort Riley.
(b) Fort Garry.
(c) Fort Leonard.
(d) Fort Kearney.
4. At the end of Chapter One, what animal is Ben following?
5. After the neighbor leaves, how does Esther MacDonald say she feels about the man?
(a) He scares her.
(b) She thinks he is dishonest.
(c) She is furious with him for asking for favors.
(d) She likes him a lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Native American tribe used to inhabit the lands that make up the MacDonald farm?
2. In 1806, the North West Company builds on top of what had been Fort Rouge. What is the name of the new fort?
3. In what year does the prologue say this story takes place?
4. How does Esther ask Ben to respond to the new neighbor?
5. By the end of the prologue, the MacDonalds have how many children?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)