|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of the prologue, the MacDonalds have how many children?
2. In the prologue, the author states that William MacDonald is what ethnicity?
3. Lord Selkirk, who manages the Hudson Bay Company, brings in settlers from which country to farm the Winnipeg area?
4. In Chapter One, what is William's attitude toward Ben?
(a) William thinks Ben is too big for his age.
(b) William thinks Ben isn't normal.
(c) William thinks Ben is disrespectful.
(d) William thinks Ben is perfectly average.
5. Which Native American tribe used to inhabit the lands that make up the MacDonald farm?
(a) Dakota Sioux.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the book opens, the author says that the name "Winnipeg" originated with which Native American tribe?
2. How does the author say Esther MacDonald reacts to the journey in the prologue?
3. With which of Ben's siblings does he NOT have a good relationship?
4. The Hudson Bay Company builds a second fort close to the North West Company fort. What is the name of the second fort?
5. What favor does the new neighbor ask of William MacDonald?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)