|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter One opens, what animal is Ben MacDonald following?
2. From which city did the MacDonalds set out when traveling to Winnipeg looking for a site to farm?
3. What kind of bird inspired the MacDonalds to name their farm site Hawk's Hill?
(a) Red-tailed hawk.
(b) Buzzard hawk.
(c) Coopers hawk.
(d) Peregrine hawk.
4. With which of Ben's siblings does he NOT have a good relationship?
5. Which Native American tribe used to inhabit the lands that make up the MacDonald farm?
(b) Dakota Sioux.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the MacDonalds originally plan to chose the site for their farm?
2. How long ago did the MacDonalds come to the region to settle their farm?
3. As the book opens, the author says that the name "Winnipeg" originated with which Native American tribe?
4. As far as the townspeople can tell, the new neighbor originally comes from where?
5. Lord Selkirk, who manages the Hudson Bay Company, brings in settlers from which country to farm the Winnipeg area?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)