|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter One, what animal is Ben following?
2. How did the MacDonalds originally plan to chose the site for their farm?
(a) They would know it when they found it.
(b) They wanted to be close to family.
(c) They picked it from a catalogue.
(d) A friend had already bought it for them.
3. After the neighbor leaves, how does Esther MacDonald say she feels about the man?
(a) He scares her.
(b) She thinks he is dishonest.
(c) She likes him a lot.
(d) She is furious with him for asking for favors.
4. In Chapter One, what is William's attitude toward Ben?
(a) William thinks Ben is too big for his age.
(b) William thinks Ben is disrespectful.
(c) William thinks Ben isn't normal.
(d) William thinks Ben is perfectly average.
5. With which of Ben's siblings does he NOT have a good relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the prologue, the author states that William MacDonald is what ethnicity?
2. In what year does the prologue say this story takes place?
3. How long ago did the MacDonalds come to the region to settle their farm?
4. Lord Selkirk, who manages the Hudson Bay Company, brings in settlers from which country to farm the Winnipeg area?
5. How does William MacDonald feel about the new neighbor?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)