|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Normally the badger is a nocturnal animal. Why was she out during the day she encountered Ben?
(a) She smells Ben and is curious to find out what he is.
(b) She needs a great deal of food to produce milk.
(c) She is unable to sleep because her babies are too loud.
(d) She knows a storm is coming and needs to hunt early.
2. As Chapter Three opens, what has prompted the string of visitors to the MacDonald farm?
(a) They are completing seasonal visits.
(b) They need advice from William.
(c) They want to know about the new neighbor.
(d) They wish to see Ben.
3. For what is the badger searching when the author first introduces the character?
4. To what conclusion has John come at the beginning of Chapter Eleven?
(a) His father is going crazy.
(b) His parents are likely to divorce.
(c) His brother has run away.
(d) His brother is dead.
5. What scent does the female badger encounter and ignore that her mate later smells during Chapter Four?
(a) Prairie dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter Three, William comments on what behavior from Ben?
2. What does Ben notice when he examines the badger's body that assures him it's not the badger he met?
3. In what year does the prologue say this story takes place?
4. As Chapter Eight opens, which of the following is NOT a reason Ben is having trouble sleeping?
5. What kind of bird inspired the MacDonalds to name their farm site Hawk's Hill?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)