|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does the new neighbor ask of William MacDonald?
(a) To borrow MacDonald's horse.
(b) To trap on MacDonald's land.
(c) To hide out at MacDonald's house.
(d) To buy MacDonald's crops.
2. While examining his find in Chapter Three, Ben finds himself face to face with what animal?
3. Where does Burton decide to set his trap after the male badger's death?
(a) Near the stream.
(b) Near the prairie dog town.
(c) Near the MacDonald farm.
(d) Near the female's den.
4. For what reason is Ben eager to start school?
(a) To learn about math.
(b) To learn history.
(c) To learn about animals.
(d) To learn how to read.
5. As Chapter One opens, what animal is Ben MacDonald following?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the male badger struggle in the trap before Burton finds him?
2. How does Ben react when the neighbor's dog charges him?
3. Why does Ben finally decide to head for home during Chapter Seven?
4. Why does the neighbor say the dog's reaction to Ben is unusual?
5. With which of Ben's siblings does he NOT have a good relationship?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)