|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What article(s) of clothing does Ben lose while trying to find shelter from the storm?
2. How does Esther ask Ben to respond to the new neighbor?
(a) Offer a gift.
(b) Run and hide.
(c) Be quiet.
(d) Shake hands.
3. Why does Ben finally decide to head for home during Chapter Seven?
(a) He hears his mother calling.
(b) He has lost interest in the animals.
(c) The storm seems closer than he thought.
(d) He knows it is probably bed time.
4. In Chapter Three, how is the relationship between William and Esther?
(a) They are fighting more than they used to.
(b) They barely speak to each other.
(c) They are closer than ever.
(d) They are fighting less than they used to.
5. Where does Burton decide to set his trap after the male badger's death?
(a) Near the MacDonald farm.
(b) Near the stream.
(c) Near the female's den.
(d) Near the prairie dog town.
Short Answer Questions
1. As far as the townspeople can tell, the new neighbor originally comes from where?
2. Normally the badger is a nocturnal animal. Why was she out during the day she encountered Ben?
3. How far away from the female's den has Burton laid the trap intended to catch her?
4. In Chapter Three, what animal does Ben most wish he could turn into?
5. How does Ben react when the neighbor's dog charges him?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)