|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter Three opens, what has prompted the string of visitors to the MacDonald farm?
(a) They wish to see Ben.
(b) They need advice from William.
(c) They are completing seasonal visits.
(d) They want to know about the new neighbor.
2. Why does Burton put on a leather glove when setting his traps?
(a) To prevent leaving fingerprints.
(b) So that he doesn't have to touch the bait.
(c) In case he acciedentally springs the trap.
(d) To cover his scent.
3. How does Esther ask Ben to respond to the new neighbor?
(a) Be quiet.
(b) Run and hide.
(c) Shake hands.
(d) Offer a gift.
4. What article(s) of clothing does Ben lose while trying to find shelter from the storm?
5. In Chapter Four, how much longer will it be before the baby badgers are ready to try solid food?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Twelve weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Burton decide not to shoot the male badger?
2. At the beginning of Chapter Seven, what is the furthest away from home Ben has ever been?
3. At the beginning of Chapter Six, how long does the female badger stay in the den with her pups after her last hunt?
4. What favor does the new neighbor ask of William MacDonald?
5. In Chapter Three, what animal does Ben most wish he could turn into?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)