|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal do Ben and the badger fight and kill at the end of Chapter Ten?
2. From how far away can a male badger detect a female's scent?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Fifty feet.
(c) Eight miles.
(d) Twelve yards.
3. In Chapter Three, what animal does Ben most wish he could turn into?
4. What effect does hearing the dying cries of the pups have on the badger while she is stuck in the trap?
(a) It makes her give up.
(b) It convinces her to leave the area.
(c) It gives her another burst of energy.
(d) It has no effect.
5. Why does the badger decide not to go out and hunt at the end of Chapter Six?
(a) She is exhausted.
(b) She is afraid of predators.
(c) She isn't hungry.
(d) She is afraid of finding another trap.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ben eats the meal the badger has brought him, how else does she attempt to feed him?
2. In Chapter Ten, how many horsemen does Ben see when he leaves the burrow for a drink?
3. Why does the author say the real agony begins for the badger at dawn of the second morning?
4. While examining the mouse skull abandoned by the hawk, Ben discovers what?
5. How many days does it take for Ben to notice an improvement in the badger's paw after he cleans it?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)