1. As the book opens, the author says that the name "Winnipeg" originated with which Native American tribe?
(b) Dakota Sioux.
2. In what year does the prologue say this story takes place?
3. How long ago did the MacDonalds come to the region to settle their farm?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifty years.
4. From which city did the MacDonalds set out when traveling to Winnipeg looking for a site to farm?
5. How did the MacDonalds originally plan to chose the site for their farm?
(a) They picked it from a catalogue.
(b) A friend had already bought it for them.
(c) They wanted to be close to family.
(d) They would know it when they found it.
6. How many days of travel did it take the MacDonalds to find open land north of Winnipeg when they were searching for a farm site?
This section contains 5,048 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)