|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Dodd arrange a meeting with Hitler?
2. Who did Dodd meet with in August according to Chapter 12?
3. What did Dodd encourage the State Department officials to do?
4. Which comment did Rohm make about Hitler that prompted him to say "We'll have to let the thing ripen"?
5. Who did Dodd convince to not go to a Nazis Party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What contrast is noted between Hitler's physical presence and him speaking in Chapter 20?
2. What did Dachau become?
3. What did Hitler send word of at a lunch?
4. What made Martha understand the horror in Germany?
5. Who was Bella Fromm and why was she distracted in Chapter 26?
6. What did Putzi decide in Chapter 19?
7. What did Dodd realize and disturbed him in Chapter 21?
8. What did Dodd begin to fully realize in Chapter 16?
9. What did the Reichstag Buiilding trial provide in Chapter 22?
10. What happened that made Dodd lecture an officer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conflict that William Dodd had with Hitler and the Nazi Party.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why people thought that the brutality in Germany under Hitler was being exaggerated.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role that leaders like Roosevelt had during the rise of Hitler and the Nazi regime, as well as World War II.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)