|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dodd encourage the State Department officials to do?
2. Who did Dodd convince to not go to a Nazis Party?
3. What was Martha disturbed by in Chapter 23?
4. What were Martha and Rudolf Diels' marital status when they started seeing each other?
5. Who did Dodd write a letter to in response to Phillips accusations?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did things change rather abruptly in October 1933 according to Chapter 18?
2. What did Hitler send word of at a lunch?
3. What did Soviet superiors think of Martha in Chapter 37?
4. What did Hitler plot in April and how did the Gestapo change in Chapter 36?
5. What did Dachau become?
6. Why were the Dodds surprised in Chapter 11?
7. Who was Bella Fromm and why was she distracted in Chapter 26?
8. Who was Minister Neurath and what did Dodd warn in Chapter 15?
9. How was murder averted in Chapter 27?
10. What did Hitler and Dodd speak of in their meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two men presented in the book and discuss their similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the Soviet Union during the 1930's and why Martha would need to keep a relationship with Boris discreet.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the League of Nations in the early 1900's and the reasons Hitler gave for leaving the group.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)