|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dodd encourage the State Department officials to do?
2. What did Diels ask Goering in Chapter 34?
3. How many qualified voters did Germany have in 1933?
4. What was Herbert Packebusch's rank according to Chapter 17?
5. What did Neurath ask Dodd to stop in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Soviet superiors think of Martha in Chapter 37?
2. What were propaganda stunts according to Chapter 28?
3. What contrast is noted between Hitler's physical presence and him speaking in Chapter 20?
4. What made Martha understand the horror in Germany?
5. What happened that made Dodd lecture an officer?
6. What did Hitler send word of at a lunch?
7. What did Putzi decide in Chapter 19?
8. What did Hitler plot in April and how did the Gestapo change in Chapter 36?
9. What did the Reichstag Buiilding trial provide in Chapter 22?
10. What did Dodd begin to fully realize in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact that naivete and idealism had in the life of the Dodds prior to them going to Germany, and how they were changed as a result of their time there.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why people thought that the brutality in Germany under Hitler was being exaggerated.
Essay Topic 3
Define fascism and discuss why this was looked upon poorly from the eyes of men like Hitler.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)