|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Alfred Panofsky's occupation?
2. When did the Introduction take place?
3. Where did Schachno go on his way to returning to the U.S?
4. When did William E. Dodd boarded the ship for Germany?
5. What did the men order Schachno to do before beating him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Messersmith feel alone?
2. Who was Alfred Panofsky, and what was his intention in Chapter 10?
3. Where was Joseph Schachno from, according to the Introduction?
4. Who was George S. Messersmith?
5. What did Messersmith want from a new Ambassador to Germany?
6. What did Dodd discover about some party officials in Chapter 7?
7. What was happening since the German chancellor was named?
8. Why did Schachno appear at the American consulate?
9. Who was Edgar Mowrer and why was he deeply disappointed according to Chapter 9?
10. Who did Dodd invite to join them in Germany?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Papen and discuss why he was allowed to live while others were killed.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why people thought that the brutality in Germany under Hitler was being exaggerated.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the conflict between the United States State Department and William Dodd.
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)