|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clause precluded the Jews from taking government jobs?
2. When did William E. Dodd boarded the ship for Germany?
3. What did Roosevelt tell William E. Dodd was not a U.S. affair?
4. How many children did William E. Dodd have?
5. How long had William E. Dodd held his position at the start of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Germans call their campaign?
2. Why was Dodd not a typical candidate for an ambassadorship?
3. What became a new presence?
4. What was the charge against Schachno?
5. Why did Schachno appear at the American consulate?
6. Where was Joseph Schachno from, according to the Introduction?
7. Who did Dodd invite to join them in Germany?
8. What happened despite not having evidence?
9. Who was George S. Messersmith?
10. Who was Alfred Panofsky, and what was his intention in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the American consulate in Berlin during the 1930's.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the impact that naivete and idealism had in the life of the Dodds prior to them going to Germany, and how they were changed as a result of their time there.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflict that William Dodd had with Hitler and the Nazi Party.
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)