|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mildred Fish Harnack develop a friendship with?
2. Where was Joseph Schachno's skin flayed?
3. When did the Introduction take place?
4. Who did William E. Dodd often talk to on board the ship to Germany?
5. What did Konstantin Neurath think he could do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Rabbi Wise tell Dodd to do in Chapter 5?
2. What did Messersmith want from a new Ambassador to Germany?
3. Who was George S. Messersmith?
4. Who had been named German chancellor?
5. What aspirations did Dodd have?
6. Why did Schachno appear at the American consulate?
7. What was the charge against Schachno?
8. Who was Sigrid Schultz, and what did Schultz and Martha disagree about according to Chapter 6?
9. When Dodd traveled to Washington, D.C. what did FDR speak about in Chapter 4?
10. What happened despite not having evidence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the League of Nations in the early 1900's and the reasons Hitler gave for leaving the group.
Essay Topic 2
Determine whether Rudolph Diels was a man of integrity, and why he was helped when his safety was in jeopardy.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the impact that naivete and idealism had in the life of the Dodds prior to them going to Germany, and how they were changed as a result of their time there.
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)